Mario Kart - Yoshi Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking about N64 this morning made me realize how much I miised playing it. So I've come up with an alternative, to play the whole game again, and write a story about it;)

I will be playing as Yoshi, and, for those who don't know who he is, is the little dinosaur fellow.

4174.jpg

Luigi Raceway:

Home of Luigi, this is expected to be a tight race between the eight combatants. With the home ground advantage, Luigi is expected to come top 4. Newcomer Yoshi is expected to run aroun 6th

Tipped Positions
1. Mario - Too strong
2. Luigi - Home course advantage
3. Bowser - Contender for championship
4. Toad - Very fast, if can stay away from Heavy weights
5. Yoshi - Newcomer, an unknown
6. Peach - Fast, but has shocking turning abilities
7. Wario - May be a smokey if he can get a good start
8. Donkey Kong - Course does not suit bashing style.

Yoshi Dream Debut

Yoshi creams them all on Luigi Raceway, leading from start to finish, with the exception of a breif stint in second at the start of the second lap. Mario, Peach and Wario spent most of the race fighting for second, and Bowser was fifth nearly the whole way around, occasionally breaking into fourth, including sneaking in at the end. Luigi was disappointing.

Race
Yoshi - 3"05"79
Wario - 3"09"91
Peach - 3"09"99
Bowser - 3"11"12
Mario - 3"12"21
Toad - 3"13"98
Luigi - 3"14"71
DK - 3"15"02

Standings
Yoshi - 9 Points
Wario - 6 Points
Peach - 3 Points
Bowser - 1 Point
Mario - 0 Points
Toad - 0 Points
Luigi - 0 Points
Donkey Kong - 0 Points

Moo Moo Farm

Very short, dirt course, should favour lighter players. Yoshi debuted in style and will be looking to continue that way during this race. Watch out for Peach. Will be a surprise packet.

Predictions

1 Yoshi
2 Peach
3 Mario
4 Toad
5 Bowser
6 Wario
7 DK
8 Luigi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The three lightweights showed that they were forces not to be reckoned with as they tore up Moo Moo Farm in a matter of minutes. Yoshi and Toad tusseled for the lead throughout the course, while Peach finished a solid fourth. DK looked good but the rest were not worth mentioning. Interstingly, Toad and DK tied, but as Toad was leading and DK had been behind, Toad was given the points for second.

Times
Yoshi - 2"09"47
Toad - 2"10"02
DK - 2"10"02
Peach - 2"12"82
Mario - 2"15"42
Luigi - 2"17"62
Bowser - 2"21"82
Wario - 2"26"82

Yoshi - 18
Toad - 6
Wario - 6
Peach - 4
DK - 3
Bowser - 1
Luigi - 0
Mario - 0

you make me wish that I still had this game

might download a rom and emulator

Project 64 owns.

Plus, I'm using an emualtor to play the story out. A controller is too easy. Plus I can't find my unfuked up controller

Koopa Troopa Beach;

Yoshi looked extremely good in the hit out at Moo Moo Farm yesterday, and will be looking for a repeat on bogey course, Koopa Troopa Beach. Mario and Luigi will be desperate to get on the championship board, but question marks hang over Luigi's form. Pretty even field. Will favour light-weights as the course is made of sand.

Predicted positions;
1 Toad
2 Yoshi
3 Mario
4 Peach
5 DK
6 Luigi
7 Bowser
8 Wario

A very tight course which Yoshi just could not seem to get going on. Wario, DK and Toad all hussled for the top three positions, whilst Yoshi spent a majority of the race in fourth and fifth. A spirited comeback helped Yoshi somehow gather 6 points for second.

Times
D.K - 3"04"73
Yoshi - 3"09"46
Toad - 3"11"03
Wario - 3"11"09
Luigi - 3"12"03
Mario - 3"13"69
Peach - 3"17"63
Bowser - 3"19"43

Yoshi - 24
DK - 12
Toad - 9
Wario - 7
Peach - 5
Bowser - 3
Mario - 0
Luigi - 0

Kalamari Desert;

With the series in the bag, Yoshi will not want to put too much strain on his vehicle ahead of the next series. Can be expected to follow behind, staying within the speed limit of 60km/h, except in school zones. Wario clear favourite for this course, Toad, DK and Peach to chime in for the other positions.

Tipped Positions
1 Wario
2 Toad
3 DK
4 Peach
5 Bowser
6 Luigi
7 Yoshi
8 Mario

Yoshi kept under 60km/h the whole way and ran out second, and was always in the top 3.

Times
Toad - 3"06"05
Yoshi - 3"06"95
DK - 3"08"72
Luigi - 3"12"71
Bowser - 3"14"21
Peach - 3"21"14
Mario - 3"27"24
Wario - 3"45"46

Toad - 15
DK - 15
Wario - 7