Switch Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

tumblr_oqv2pjl9xz1tw5l6lo1_500.jpg

Dec 15, 2008
West Ham United
When it was first announced I thought it sounded terrible. Now I can't wait, sounds really good
I reckon a lot of people felt the same way. How on Earth will Ubisoft make a Mario and Rabbids game with weapons work? Looks like they've gotten it right though.

mickelboy182

Sep 30, 2008
Denver Nuggets
I'm playing XCom 2 at the moment and I figure it is probably going to make me heavily dislike this... Will be pleasantly surprised if there's some depth to it though.

Dec 15, 2008
West Ham United
Just beat the first midboss. This game is ******* charming.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm at the same point and agree the game is great.

Battling has plenty of depth, heaps of different weapons and the exploration is good with plenty of secrets and collectables.

Valentino Dmitri

Apr 17, 2008
69 Bosoms Lane
Rokeby GP Dancesquad
I'm playing XCom 2 at the moment and I figure it is probably going to make me heavily dislike this... Will be pleasantly surprised if there's some depth to it though.

As someone who got SMASHED by XC2 in the short amount of time I've spent with it - You'll probably find the first world pretty tedious. It's essentially a tutorial and you'll already know much of what it's explaining!

Battles are a little different from XC from what I can tell though. Notably with how your team can move around the arena, attacking enemies within your movement radius as part of your move turn, using pipes to get around, etc. Iv'e fount it pretty easy to get blindsided and be wasteful with my turns through not paying attention. RE Difficulty so far it's no pushover but it's nowhere near as merciless as XC2.

Main difference seems to be there's no manually laying out your base, and missions are accessed through exploring light platforming/puzzle areas. And of course it's quite humorous in tone, and bright and cuddly.

Really liked my afternoon with it yesterday, and kicking myself for forgetting to pack the Switch to play in my lunch break today!

Nov 26, 2012
Got it yesterday and played through the first world (until it crashed during the boss battle). Having a great time. It starts off very easy but still fun and easy to see how much it can ramp up the difficulty. You can see where it punishes you for any mistakes. Humour is better than I thought it would be, rabbids are actually pretty funny. Im really looking forward to testing out the co-op with a mate on the weekend

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
I have to say, i don't really like this game, i appreciate the details and the work involved in the game, but it's just so repetitive and a bit too overly cartoony and self parody for me, not very engaging...

will probably trade it in, shame.

don't really understand the 9/10 reviews, though from some perspective i do get it, it's just not what i would call on the level of truly classic games at all.

glad i got the game for cheap, 57 dollars at costco.

though i haven't played through it very far yet, so that could be part of it.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
Port Magpies
Not a strategy game fan but this has been pretty fun so far. Arguably the best looking Switch game and Kirkhope absolutely nailed the soundtrack.

Only thing I'd suggest to people not feeling it is to give it at least until the end of the 1st world, felt like 1 big tutorial.

Playing in short bursts is another suggestion. The battles can get repetitive once you have your team and tactic locked down. I am concerned about the depth at this stage.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk