Injury Mark Austin

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 15, 2007
a nutshell.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LAKERS|STORM|BULLANTS

Devastating blow for Aussie and one that could well be the final nail in his AFL career coffin.

He just can't take a trick and there must be serious doubts as to whether we can afford to keep him on for another year, if there weren't already.

Having seen Aussie play I can say that he has the tools to make it but it just looks as though he'll be another case of injuries preventing a player from having a good run at an AFL career.

Unless something miraculous happens when he returns from injury setback number 405848500448, I just can't see him retaining a spot on the senior list.

If the club rates him high enough they may look to put him on the rookie list at the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS this is now ridiculous.

Gotta feel sorry for him. Hope he comes back strong and finds form before the end of the year. Would hate for this to be the cause of him losing his spot on the list. Has everything he needs to be a senior player except a little bit of luck with injuries.

could get downgraded to a rookie like ROK....I don't see our club putting so much of our resources into him to just give it away....don't tell Adam Hartlett though

Hahaha... I shouldn't laugh, but zee cracks me up. In all seriousness though, this is just a low-blow for Austin. He has the size and all the physical tools to be a really quality player for us, but he just can't get a run of games together without the ass falling out of things for him. I heard a few good things about him in the pre-season and I was hoping that he could come in and play CHB from round 1 as I didn't think Watson would be ready in his first year and I don't want to see Bower playing a key position. However, Aussie is out again, and while he's still probably not "ready" in every sense of the word, Watson is holding his own out there and learning on the job. With him looking like staying in the team for a while, Jamison back and Bower coming back soon, I honestly agree that it could be the end of the line on the senior list for him. If we do drop him though, I hope that we pick him up as a rookie because I feel that if he can get a run of good luck with injuries and form, he could be a key contributor for us.

I've seen a person play games on end with a fractured let. Just because the bone is broken doesn't mean the limb is unusable, just means there is pain at a certain level.

Hopefully it's just a few weeks on the sidelines.

It's sad to see anyone get injured.

This news wont stop a lot of you talking Austin up and suggesting how he's one of our star players. The guy has been a CFC myth for far too long. It's time to move on.

It's sad to see anyone get injured.

This news wont stop a lot of you talking Austin up and suggesting how he's one of our star players. The guy has been a CFC myth for far too long. It's time to move on.

Either show me one example of someone claiming that Austin is a star, or STFU.

Either show me one example of someone claiming that Austin is a star, or STFU.

I have better things to do that trawl through threads all day. Go find them yourself or "STFU". Lol.

The hype around Austin on this board has been unwarranted. It's been like that for a few years at least. As I've said in the past, he's like the Loch-Ness Monster of the CFC. We've had a few unconfirmed reports of his ability to play AFL, but no hard evidence.

Watson would be wise to get out of Carlton before he gets hit by a bus. We have absolutely no luck when it comes to key backmen and injury.

We put 10 years into Hartlett (Pick 25) and Austin (Pick 35) between them, for a combined return of... 25 games. Those numbers are just horrible for everyone involved.

Meanwhile other clubs' supporters are scratching their heads and saying "Why hasn't Carlton drafted any key backmen? Bad list management!"

I have better things to do that trawl through threads all day. Go find them yourself or "STFU". Lol.

The hype around Austin on this board has been unwarranted. It's been like that for a few years at least. As I've said in the past, he's like the Loch-Ness Monster of the CFC. We've had a few unconfirmed reports of his ability to play AFL, but no hard evidence.

You made a ridiculous call and when called out on it you shy away and can't back up your argument.

Weak as piss.

Noone has claimed that Austin is or will be a star.

The hope is that he would be able to fill a spot in our team as a key position defender, and he had shown promising signs a few years back that indicated he may well be able to do that.

Unfortunately injuries have effectively robbed him of the opportunity to do that on a consistent basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back