Scandal Mark Baguley sledging Jed Lamb about his murdered father

Remove this Banner Ad

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/pe...e/news-story/1d9ee39ea1286a4cc5ed7fad5a3b0659

A PERSONAL sledge about Jed Lamb’s murdered father has been revealed as the spark behind a push-and-shove between Essendon and Carlton players on Saturday.

Carlton youngster Lamb was pictured pointing in angry fashion at Mark Baguley as his teammates remonstrated with the Bombers player at three-quarter time.

The Herald Sun has now revealed why Lamb was so incensed, reporting he told Carlton officials Baguley mentioned his father in a sledge despite warnings it was no-go territory.

Lamb was later fined $1500 for striking Baguley, but it’s the Essendon player who is now facing heavy scrutiny about whether he intentionally crossed a line.

Seems odd that Baguley would be mentioning Lamb's father repeatedly if he had no idea of the circumstances around it, especially if he was warned by Lamb and kept going.

Should Baguley receive punishment for this or is it fair game?

Seems odd that Baguley would be mentioning Lamb's father repeatedly if he had no idea of the circumstances around it, especially if he was warned by Lamb and kept going.

Should Baguley receive punishment for this or is it fair game?
Its an odd one. Maybe he saw that it clearly got under his skin so he kept going with it, but then you gotta wonder why is it getting under his skin so easily and maybe you should stop...

Tough campaigners on here making jokes or saying it’s okay.

Lamb is a human, and a person, and some * head footballer taking the sport so seriously he thinks it’s all just to get an edge... piss off. Bagueley is a s**t footballer so has to resort to this but he’s also a s**t bloke because he’s so dumb.

You’d hope the Blue boys come out and smack the prick a few times in their next game. Then again that sort of thing seems to be going out of football.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lamb is a human, and a person, and some **** head footballer taking the sport so seriously he thinks it’s all just to get an edge... piss off. Bagueley is a s**t footballer so has to resort to this but he’s also a s**t bloke because he’s so dumb.

You’d hope the Blue boys come out and smack the prick a few times in their next game. Then again that sort of thing seems to be going out of football.

Woosha is sending him to Ablett Junior next game.

I recall with clarity a chf in the lower leagues of my childhood footy comp calling my sister a trollop. I had no idea what it meant but thought it grand she had a rep. This event caused me several times subsequently on Friday nights to order half a dozen deep fried trollops to which the chippers old man would grin and wink at me.

Bit of a weird coincidence Baguley didn't know - you don't often hear 'your dad' used in any context on the field.

Putting on the amateur psychologist hat on, I daresay Bags said something generic about Lamby's old man but forgot about the specifics. He just kind of subconsciously had the insult sitting in his head.

Laughable reaction too, playing the victim card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it of a weird coincidence Baguley didn't know - you don't often hear 'your dad' used in any context on the field.

Errr yes you do LOL

Lamb is a human, and a person, and some **** head footballer taking the sport so seriously he thinks it’s all just to get an edge... piss off. Bagueley is a s**t footballer so has to resort to this but he’s also a s**t bloke because he’s so dumb.

So given Lamb was giving stick to Baguley for a birthmark he has no control over just to get an edge, are you going to s**t on Lamb too?

I didn’t know about Lamb’s father until now, which is horrible. I’m not surprised that something has come out of that game - he was playing like the most annoying kind of footballer, pushing, elbowing in the back, yapping with the knowledge that the umpires wouldn’t much other than the occasional warning and there’s not much the opposition can do in retaliation. Athough Essendon didn’t seem interested in protecting Goddard, nor Goddard in standing up for himself. It seemed like a good ‘line in the sand’ opportunity.

I too am interested in what he actually said about his dad... obviously saying that you ****ed someone's dad last night is a far superior sledge than saying you ****ed someone's mum, but I doubt that's what it was.

Also Baguley seems to get sledged about his birthmark literally every week, you'd have hoped it'd be background noise by now.

I too am interested in what he actually said about his dad... obviously saying that you ****ed someone's dad last night is a far superior sledge than saying you ****ed someone's mum, but I doubt that's what it was.

Also Baguley seems to get sledged about his birthmark literally every week, you'd have hoped it'd be background noise by now.

DILFS > MILFS NTTAWWT

I didn’t know about Lamb’s father until now, which is horrible. I’m not surprised that something has come out of that game - he was playing like the most annoying kind of footballer, pushing, elbowing in the back, yapping with the knowledge that the umpires wouldn’t much other than the occasional warning and there’s not much the opposition can do in retaliation. Athough Essendon didn’t seem interested in protecting Goddard, nor Goddard in standing up for himself. It seemed like a good ‘line in the sand’ opportunity.

Didn't see the game or incident, but if you're giving someone "niggle" all day and then someone gives you a bit of "verbal" back, seems a bit rich to react the way he did. Regardless of what was said. Don't dish it up if u can't eat it yourself.

Usually if something that bad happens to what happened to lamb in his life you don't go around insulting people because you know how hurtful it can be from years of no doubt people mentioning it. I just don't get why lamb goes around insulting people. If he wants to dish it out anything is fair game in return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back