Toast Mark Blicavs - 150 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

My Dad was administering exams at KP for Deakin University many years ago.

Dad said that there was a tall skinny guy getting put through his paces on the ground, doing kicking drills, marking, running etc.

It was a few weeks before they drafted Blitz as a Rookie B.

Great decision to recruit by Cats hierarchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do we all remember Milburn? And is Blitz better than him? I say no at this stage... unfortunately it seems like Dasher has faded away in Geelong and AFL circles, i thought he was a genuine gun.

Milburn and Blicavs are the two players I remember at the Cats who could literally play any position on the field.

We should leave some of the first few posts for Seeds and Partridge to deliver their heartfelt congrats. Believers from the beginning they were. :D
giphy.gif

Nowhere to be seen :(

giphy.gif

Nowhere to be seen :(
Do you really want me to post in this thread? Seriously?

They called me crazy when i suggested we should give blicavs his first game and play him in the ruck ahead of josh walker at the start of 2013. We did. Not so crazy now am I.

Found his role as a key defender .... eventually . Pity Scott wasnt listening to Seeds (and a few others) back in 2014-2015 to trial him in a defender role on a more permanent basis. Albeit with a learning curve through the vfl for a season or two. Would of avoided some of the great coaching finals debacles of that period such as playing him on a wing against Hill in a final who was best on ground or unfairly allowing goldstein to slaughter him in another final. We would also probably be calling him one of our best defenders of the modern era by now. Thankfully he has finally got there.

To the footballer who most resembles a spider in a blender when running with the ball down the wing (other then Peter Street). Three cheers!

Last edited:

They called me crazy when i suggested we should give blicavs his first game and play him in the ruck ahead of josh walker at the start of 2013. We did. Not so crazy now am I.

Found his role as a key defender .... eventually . Pity Scott wasnt listening to Seeds (and a few others) back in 2014-2015 to trial him in a defender role on a more permanent basis. Albeit with a learning curve through the vfl for a season or two. Would of avoided some of the great coaching finals debacles of that period such as playing him on a wing against Hill in a final who was best on ground or unfairly allowing goldstein to slaughter him in another final. We would also probably be calling him one of our best defenders of the mordern era by now. Thankfully he has finally got there.

To the footballer who most resembles a spider in a blender when running with the ball down the wing (other then Peter Street). Three cheers!
More so for Clint Eastwood, the old fossil.
Was dead certain he wouldn't make it.

Everyone has got blicavs wrong at some point. Remember all those people who were talking up how he would be a champiom midfielder. Or a great ruckman. Now we shudder at the thought of either.

Blicavs number of games with atleast 25 touches: only 3 with highest being 27

Harry taylors number of games where he had more touches then blicavs best ever game: 8.

Steven king has more games with 25 touches or more then blicavs.

For all the talk of him playing like an extra midfielder in the ruck the facts just dont pane out.

Dasher was just a good ordinary player, IMO, one who got better as he aged due to experience, workrate, and the team he played in. Dasher was not a gun, but he was solid footballer. A blue-collar player. His best attribute was his ability to read the game and find good position because of it. His worst, he was prone to being suspended for rough play and giving away frees for mouthing off at the umpire.

Blicavs, on the other hand, has won two Carji Greeves Medals playing two different positions. If none of you think that alone elevates him above Dasher then you need to take your rose-coloured glasses off. I never understand the bias against the Blitz here. Every mistake he makes is jumped on, and every great moment ignored. We have been lucky to have Mark at our club, cos I could name 18 other clubs who'd have him in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

I certainly didn't look forward to you posting here. Was always going to be more 'roast' than 'toast', given you'd been baited into posting in the first place.

Hopefully you won't be fished in once more when Blitzy's 200th rolls around...

Last edited:
Everyone has got blicavs wrong at some point.

No they haven't...

Everyone has got blicavs wrong at some point. Remember all those people who were talking up how he would be a champiom midfielder. Or a great ruckman. Now we shudder at the thought of either.

No we don't. He went into the ruck 2 weeks ago and changed the game....

Also is he still wearing Cam Guthries man bun wig? Or was that last season. It was fricken terrible.

I see you're right up with things.....

Big effort at self justification though...good job.

No they haven't...

Yes he changed the game by being beaten in the ruck.
No they haven't...

Apologies my remark was wrong. Anyone who has a memory better then a goldfish and can remember him rucking against A grade ruckman such as NicNat, Gawn and Goldstein shudders at the thought. My mistake.

However the first remark was not wrong. Everyone has got Blicavs wrong. Only a delusionally biased warped sense of self would lead you to believe you havent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back