Scandal Mark Bomber Thompson Raided By Vic Police (Update pg 66: Charged with possession and trafficking)

Remove this Banner Ad

It sure is fun to kick someone while they're down right? A club like Carlton who are still paying for the mistakes of John Elliot, yeah that's fun to ridicule. But Thompson is a human being who may or may not have some issues. I dont know him or what he has done but he deserves a piece of quiet to sort out his life.

We all have digs at the media being vultures... But they're seagulls compared to the nasty, vitriolic birds of forums and social media. That is to say, you and I.

Man needs some space.

I have a feeling if this were a player/current coach/administrator and not an old mate from the media boys club the reaction would be a little less sympathetic.

Find it a bit hard to believe with all the rumours floating over Thompson's head no one in that bubble was at all suspicious. Well protected until the law finally caught up with him.

I have a feeling if this were a player/current coach/administrator and not an old mate from the media boys club the reaction would be a little less sympathetic.

Find it a bit hard to believe with all the rumours floating over Thompson's head no one in that bubble was at all suspicious. Well protected until the law finally caught up with him.
Think of the Benny cousins situation. When it came out all the media piled in saying the club should have known etc. as there had been rumors circulating widely before he was sprung. Exact same situation with bomber, but no suggestions that they guys sitting on the couch with him each week should have known?

Think of the Benny cousins situation. When it came out all the media piled in saying the club should have known etc. as there had been rumors circulating widely before he was sprung. Exact same situation with bomber, but no suggestions that they guys sitting on the couch with him each week should have known?

Or sitting in the coaches box with him. I suspect some at Geelong would have known.

Absolutely, and anyone who sat through “the bomber files” could tell from afar that he was effected by something, so I find it simply unfathomable that people dealing with him off camera did not recognize that his behavior was all over the place.

The boys club looking after their own, probably all distanced themselves from him at the same time, knowing all too well that it would come out eventually and they didn’t want to get caught up in it.

Absolutely, and anyone who sat through “the bomber files” could tell from afar that he was effected by something, so I find it simply unfathomable that people dealing with him off camera did not recognize that his behavior was all over the place.

The boys club looking after their own, probably all distanced themselves from him at the same time, knowing all too well that it would come out eventually and they didn’t want to get caught up in it.
The 360 episode when he was about to spill something and robbo stopped him . His behaviour might has been due to illegal substances

I can vaguely remember Sellers joked about having the flu and needing to get some medication off Bomber one night, the rest just shooshed him.
(middle of last year)

*allegedly of course

Last edited:

Or, could it be that they all partied together and partook of recreational drugs on occasion like a large portion of society, only his use became a problem....

I doubt he is the only one too. Their seems to be a veil of secrecy that serves to protect certain high-profile identities. There is a rather good froward running around who is a very naughty boy as well. Very lucky to be playing is the word on the street. You seem to get the good oil. Any idea who I am referring to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt he is the only one too. Their seems to be a veil of secrecy that serves to protect certain high-profile identities. There is a rather good froward running around who is a very naughty boy as well. Very lucky to be playing is the word on the street. You seem to get the good oil. Any idea who I am referring to?
Can he ride a bike?

Or, could it be that they all partied together and partook of recreational drugs on occasion like a large portion of society, only his use became a problem....
There’s a difference between ‘partying’ and having almost a kilo of MD and some scaled on you... then there’s the issue of ice.

The article referred to DNA

Yeah, I know, which in and of itself can be explained, but if a print also shows up, or his DNA is the only DNA on those packages, and the other blokes are pleading not guilty, then he is in more shit than a Werribee duck.

There would be an absolute minimum of 5 years jail time on these charges.

Have to question whether he quit or was pushed from geelong. Any Cats fans have any further details?

He claimed was burnt out, there was the affairs with players partners rumors etc.

Was the club sorry to see him go?
The affair with a player’s partner wasn’t a rumour.

He has a kid with Kent Kingsley’s ex.

Yeah, I know, which in and of itself can be explained, but if a print also shows up, or his DNA is the only DNA on those packages, and the other blokes are pleading not guilty, then he is in more shit than a Werribee duck.

There would be an absolute minimum of 5 years jail time on these charges.
He's not even been arrested.

Throw a blanket over the comp.

He's not even been arrested.

Based on the little I have seen presented, he is very, very, very close to it.

He's also not in the country so that may makes arresting him problematic.

There's already two to three solid elements in place to lay charges and if charges are laid then he is off to the remand centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back