Scandal Mark Bomber Thompson Raided By Vic Police (Update pg 66: Charged with possession and trafficking)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumbarses too, the FBI have downloaded the entire blockchain and the marketplaces that were being used . All they had to do was match the IP address to the crimes.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2013/10/fbi-bitcoin-address-2013102862850865999.html

Crims should just do it the old fashioned way and trade in artwork. Easy to move around and value is impossible to judge.

In saying that, I'm interested in the development of zcash.
That was 2013 and there has been about 10 popular marketplaces since then and they're still going strong, using BTC and BCC, soon XMR. The whole point of Bitcoin and the dark web was to use Tor and not have your IP address traceable.

I remember a few years ago vendors were selling pingas for like 1BTC each (back when BTC was worth 20AUD). Selling bulk bulk s**t too, packs of 1000, ounces of MD etc. Probably don't feel like dumbarses now.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ma...e/news-story/31a3979f944e75bca2de2185d2b40606

TROUBLED football great Mark “Bomber” Thompson was turned away from an immigration detention centre after trying to visit an inmate involved in drugs and sex work.

The Herald Sun can reveal Thompson arrived at the Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre late last year, where he was recognised by staff and visitors.

The former star player and coach was seeking to visit a foreign-born criminal who was awaiting deportation after being linked to drugs and “sex work-type activities”, according to sources.

One source said Thompson was delivering a “pink case” to the inmate, but he was turned away by security guards before he could enter.

Last edited by a moderator:

He's always had the munchies...

M8vWx3.gif
So bloody arrogant.

That was 2013 and there has been about 10 popular marketplaces since then and they're still going strong, using BTC and BCC, soon XMR. The whole point of Bitcoin and the dark web was to use Tor and not have your IP address traceable.

I remember a few years ago vendors were selling pingas for like 1BTC each (back when BTC was worth 20AUD). Selling bulk bulk s**t too, packs of 1000, ounces of MD etc. Probably don't feel like dumbarses now.
Interesting concept using Tor and not being traceable...

https://www.techdirt.com/blog/?tag=jay+michaud

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ma...e/news-story/31a3979f944e75bca2de2185d2b40606

Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson turned away from Melbourne immigration detention centre

TROUBLED football great Mark “Bomber” Thompson was turned away from an immigration detention centre after trying to visit an inmate involved in drugs and sex work.

The Herald Sun can reveal Thompson arrived at the Maribyrnong Immigration Detention Centre late last year, where he was recognised by staff and visitors.

The former star player and coach was seeking to visit a foreign-born criminal who was awaiting deportation after being linked to drugs and “sex work-type activities”, according to sources.

One source said Thompson was delivering a “pink case” to the inmate, but he was turned away by security guards before he could enter.

It is not clear why he was rejected.

The revelation comes after Thompson was swept up in an ongoing Victoria Police investigation into drug-trafficking last week, with officers raiding his converted warehouse in Port Melbourne.

Family, friends and former teammates have raised concerns for the wellbeing of the former Essendon captain who coached Geelong to two premierships.

Immigration detention is used to lock up “high-risk unlawful non-citizens” who do not have a valid visa and are awaiting deportation. Authorities consider whether an individual presents a risk to the Australian community before they are detained.

Under Australian Border Force rules, anyone who visits an immigration detention facility must go through a strict security screening process.

This may include substance detection methods, including the use of detector dogs, and visitors may have their belongings X-rayed. Visitors can also be turned away if they are “under the influence of alcohol or drugs”.

Thompson declined to comment in his involvement in the drug-trafficking investigation on Thursday, when he emerged from his home on a bike about 11am.

He appeared relaxed as he rode from his Rouse St home with a black satchel across his back.

Thompson handed himself into police voluntarily on Tuesday and was questioned and released without charge.

However, Thomas Windsor, 28, who is understood to have been living at Thompson’s converted warehouse, has been charged with trafficking a drug of dependence.

Friends say Thompson was calm the night before police raided his home and had made no reference to problems with a tenant.

Windsor is alleged to have links to the Rebels bikie gang. Another man, Karl Holt — who is alleged to have links to the Bandidos bikie gang — was also charged with trafficking a drug of dependence in the investigation.

Thompson has spoken about how the Essendon supplements scandal consumed him.

Fined $30,000 for his role in the saga, he said he was “bitter and twisted” and blamed the issue for the breakdown of his second marriage
“It just sits in my guts and churns ... People tell me I’ve got to let it go, but I can’t,” he said.

Thompson’s ex-wife Jana Clack, former Cats president Frank Costa and ex-teammates have been among those to raise concerns about the 54-year-old’s welfare in recent days.

“I don’t know what he’s been up to for the past 2½ years,’’ Ms Clack said this week.

“I don’t know who he has been hanging around with … The silliest thing he ever did was leaving Geelong. It’s all gone downhill from there.”

Former Essendon coach James Hird also struggled in the aftermath of the doping saga and was rushed to hospital a year ago after a suspected drug overdose.

Hird spent five weeks in a psychiatric facility, saying later that he had reached “breaking point” and was battling depression.

He thanked his family for their support and said he was an “extremely lucky man to get a second chance”.

(Apologies if you still can't post articles... thought you can now)

In the latest development Peter Dutton's office has released an image of the detainee that Thompson allegedly tried to "visit"

159918.png

Dutton was further quoted as saying that anyone with the alias 'Bomber' was obviously a threat to national security, most likely a dangerous criminal and potentially a labor voter. Although confirming the suspect was an Australian native his office was looking into Mark being deported to Tasmania.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find this whole thing a little sad actually. They say when someone suffers from a breakdown and depression its hard to read the warning signs.
I feel though in Thompson's case he has well and truely fallen down that path. There were signs through a lot of he's interviews the past few years.
But the big quote and hint in all of this is around after Hird tried taking his own life. Bomber was on AFL 360 doing an interview with Robbo. That one sentence now becomes more clear then ever. "This will probably end up killing me." That right there should of been a big sign that this man isn't well.
I remember watching it live and seeing the reaction of surprise on Robbo's face when he said it. A lot of he's interviews the past few years have been pretty open and depressing. He's marriage breakdown and the people he is now associating with. Its all pretty strange to me.
All signs before this latest incident leave me to believe that its been contributed to a mental breakdown and I fear that we may be seeing a headline soon that reads Thompson has taken his own life.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e/news-story/ea6d921b0fe1b72547f668093534c6c8

The family of Mark “Bomber” Thompson has vowed to stand by him after he was caught up in a serious drug-trafficking investigation, however the former AFL figure has declined to shed any light on events of the past week, insisting it was “not a good idea” for him to talk.

“I can’t, I just can’t,” said the former AFL champion at his Port Melbourne home yesterday. “It’s not a good idea for me to talk to anyone.”

Family members have also been reluctant to discuss the matter, which became public when Thompson’s apartment was raided by police last Friday. However, his brother Steven Thompson spoke briefly yesterday.

“We’re supporting him, that’s all I’ll say,” Mr Thompson, who runs an electrical business in Melbourne’s northwest suburbs, said.

Friends have expressed concerns for Thompson, a premiership player with Essendon who also coached Geelong to two grand final wins, suggesting that he had distanced himself from old footballing friends and associates over recent months. Several claimed they had attempted to contact him in recent days, unsuccessfully.

After emerging from his home to go for a bike ride on Thursday, he appeared despondent yesterday when he answered the door, dressed casually in a T-shirt and shorts.

He refused to be drawn on how he knew Thomas Windsor, the 28-year-old who had allegedly been staying at his home in the lead-up to being charged with drug-related offences earlier this week.

“That’s a question,” he said, before his voice trembled and he looked down at the floor, shaking his head.

Police have declined to provide an update on the investigation in which three people have been charged with trafficking a drug of dependence — Mr Windsor, 31-year-old Lara man Karl “Bang Bang” Holt and a Mill Park woman — other than to say it was ongoing.

It has been reported that drugs were found inside Thompson’s home.

Thompson was interviewed by police on Tuesday but released without charge, pending further investigation.

Both Mr Windsor and Mr Holt are allegedly linked to bikie groups in the Geelong region. The heavily tattooed Mr Windsor, who grew up on Victoria’s Bellarine Peninsula, is a father to a young son.

The questioning follows a difficult period for 54-year-old Thompson whose most recent coaching stint, at Essendon, was mired by the long-running supplements scandal.

He was personally fined $30,000 and has spoken frankly about how he remained “bitter and twisted” over how the matter played out. He’s also claimed it led to the breakdown of his marriage with his second wife.

“I don’t like the game any more, I don’t want to work in the AFL system, I don’t want to associate with people,” he said addressing a function late last year. “I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.”

Thompson had become heavily involved in trading Bitcoin, the digital currency that soared in value last year before shedding significant value in recent weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back