windsock

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2002
x
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
We should do all we can to entice this bloke away from Punt Road. He is an ex-North man (who still organises trips away with other Roo old boys) and has done an excellent job in turning around the Tigers' fortunes. Brian Cook has done a similar thing in getting the Cats on track since being lured away from WCE, and we should be looking for someone who has runs on the board. Think of everything that has gone wrong at Kardinia Park over the past couple of years, but they still seem to be able to reduce their debt. And now look at the position the Tiges are in after a having terrible offield problems in the past. I reckon 'Sticks' Brayshaw is the man for the job!

We have the right man... Walsh.....give him a go...he has been in the chair for 4 days and you want to replace him...

I actually thought Geoff was installed as interim CEO. At any rate I'm not sure he has the credentials to take on such a role. His job prior to being footy manager was a school teacher. Nothing against the profession but should a former teacher be in charge of an organisation that needs as much attention as ours? Hardly the qualifications we need!

I say we lure over the Hawks president, that man has done miracles for Hawthorn- off the field, couldnt be bad having him as our CEO.. Hawthorn made a million dollar profit last year- and it wasnt that long ago- they were in the same financial strife we're in now.. but because of him- they have turned it around..

Geoff Walsh is an interim at the moment- it hasnt been decided whether he'll be our permanent CEO yet.. but they arent looking yet..

Go Roos

Is Dennis Pagan still selling real estate? And is there a 'cooling down period' clause in Rhys Shaw's contract?

Just wondering.

Bump.

Looks like this is going to happen.

Just don't trust him after nearly shafting us to the GC.

Sticks Brayshaw is very close to Ben Buckley (who was anti the GC move). If Mark does assume the CEO role I’m sure he and the chairman will work well together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a good man Rick .
Should have been shot for high treason. Had a fair bit to do with him at that time including him telling another WANM bloke he wanted to hit me. In saying that he is a nice bloke and I did enjoy his company.

From my observation at the time, the board were given dire forecasts of the club's survival, and the language used by most of them reflected this. Including MB's "we are swimming with one nostril above the water".

But it was really Ron Joseph and the Brayshaws who recognised and fought for the chance to keep us at Arden St.

I'm not sure if we need a new CEO, but I couldn't imagine a better credentialed one than Matk Brayshaw.

Veteran AFL journalist Mike Sheahan has tipped Mark Brayshaw to replace Carl Dilena as North Melbourne CEO.

Dilena, 52, has held the role since 2012 but Sheahan believes Brayshaw, a former player and board member at the Kangaroos, is being considered for the position.

Mark is the brother of former North president James Brayshaw and was Richmond’s chief executive officer between 2000-2004.

“Mark Brayshaw is head of the AFL Coaches Association right now,” Sheahan said on SEN Breakfast.

“There’s consistent speculation around Carl Dilena, the CEO of North Melbourne, leaving and growing speculation that he will be replaced by Mark Brayshaw, who’s a former board member at North Melbourne and a former player."

....and start with getting rid of the 4th game in Tassie.
This whole season's scheduling of matches has been a schmozzle from start to end and needs to be the first order of business for Brayshaw.

A 2 month gap with no home games in Melbourne and replacement games which were useless to get large families decent tickets to.

Now we have a legend of the club having to play his farewell game in a cold empty stadium.

Brayshaw must immediately renegotiate terms with Hobart to bring the number of games back to 3 from next year (extend the contract by a year to 2022 to 'make up' those games for Hobart if we have to) but then we must wind this Hobart connection back to 2 games for 2023.

We need to get off the Hobart tent and focus on developing the Melbourne supporter base. Over to you Mark.

This whole season's scheduling of matches has been a schmozzle from start to end and needs to be the first order of business for Brayshaw.

A 2 month gap with no home games in Melbourne and replacement games which were useless to get large families decent tickets to.

Now we have a legend of the club having to play his farewell game in a cold empty stadium.

Brayshaw must immediately renegotiate terms with Hobart to bring the number of games back to 3 from next year (extend the contract by a year to 2022 to 'make up' those games for Hobart if we have to) but then we must wind this Hobart connection back to 2 games for 2023.

We need to get off the Hobart tent and focus on developing the Melbourne supporter base. Over to you Mark.
How about this North Supporters if we all start getting 40k to 50k at Marvel for home games then we wouldn't need 4 games in Tasmania as for Mark Brayshaw are you sure his coming back to be CEO as for sure that Martin Kelly Degorey and Gaff are coming.
If you want a new CEO there's only a handful of people that can do it in this sport in Gale from Richmond who will be running the AFL within 2 years or Cook from Geelong and we won't jump ship.
Or do we go outside the AFL to get someone who is a big name?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back