The sound of silence...

Attachments

• tumbleweed.png
    tumbleweed.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 312
Sep 9, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I heard a bit of his work on Monday night. He really has it in for Mark Neeld, just relentless, aggressive criticism. Some people might like that, I had to switch off after a while, there's no entertainment in that for me.

I don't mind the show where Geoff Poulter is on talking to old timers, where Fine takes a back seat.

shiva25

The Frisk
Apr 19, 2002
Shyte Creek
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
LIONS / LIVERPOOL
cant agree with that!

gives everybody the opportunity to speak for as long as they want, his football knowledge is just a lot more sharper than the average footy punter.
Surely you cant be serious. Did you hear him last week after the Stkilda game. Calling West Coast cheats and rambling on about the umpiring. He also doesnt give you the opportunity to speak if you disagree with him and comes over the top of you with his useless rants. Theres one reason hes on the radio later at night as thats the time the least amount of people listen to the radio so they put all the flog radio hosts on then. Mind you some of the callers that ring up are pretty useless as well

the_slurpee_man

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Philadelphia Phillies
Surely you cant be serious. Did you hear him last week after the Stkilda game. Calling West Coast cheats and rambling on about the umpiring. He also doesnt give you the opportunity to speak if you disagree with him and comes over the top of you with his useless rants. Theres one reason hes on the radio later at night as thats the time the least amount of people listen to the radio so they put all the flog radio hosts on then. Mind you some of the callers that ring up are pretty useless as well

Yeh heard it last week, and he was 100% correct with his comments... a couple of W.C.E fans rang up as well and tried to dispute him, but they had absolutely no solid agreement to back it up... Like i said, i feel he gives everyone the opportunity to dispute him, but he can come of as a little aggressive sometimes.. but you need to be when your dealing with some of the drongos that ring up that station..

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Easily the best presenter going around. My favourite by far. When he and Rohan Connolly team up,it's footy talk at it's best. I'd love to see a show with Fine, Connolly and Whately.

As for bullying, get over it, for every person he's aggressive to, he cops 10 drunk dickheads, he's entitled to his opinion as much as any caller.

Way more refreshing than the sitting on the fence, monotone, bullshit, PC types like Jon Ralph, Mark Stevens and co. that kiss the ass of any clubs that throw them a few bones during the week.

Scott Emberton

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Easily the best presenter going around. My favourite by far. When he and Rohan Connolly team up,it's footy talk at it's best. I'd love to see a show with Fine, Connolly and Whately.

As for bullying, get over it, for every person he's aggressive to, he cops 10 drunk dickheads, he's entitled to his opinion as much as any caller.

Way more refreshing than the sitting on the fence, monotone, bullshit, PC types like Jon Ralph, Mark Stevens and co. that kiss the arse of any clubs that throw them a few bones during the week.[/quot ]

Forcrissakes Connelly is the ony broadcaster MORE annoying than Fine!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Absolute flog. The way he kept going on about Mark Neeld on Monday night was disgraceful.

Ollie 22

Debutant
Jul 25, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
One of the best on SEN, love his passion for the game, says what he thinks and lets people have their say but doesn't put up with people who talk crap either. Also interesting to listen to him post afl season, it's amazing how broad a knowledge of sports he has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back