Toast Mark, Goal, Play of the Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't watched the replay yet so can't think of a mark of the day but for mine, play of the day was Treloar's hand pass to Stepho in the first quarter.
Think that maybe in the past Treloar might have gone for the goal. Team first was what I thought.

Goal of the day I would give to Brown (3rd) after a nice centre clearance by Grundy/Pendles, liked that he backed himself in and went for goal, hopefully will do wonders for his confidence.

Thoughts?

Haven't watched the replay yet so can't think of a mark of the day but for mine, play of the day was Treloar's hand pass to Stepho in the first quarter.
Think that maybe in the past Treloar might have gone for the goal. Team first was what I thought.

Goal of the day I would give to Brown (3rd) after a nice centre clearance by Grundy/Pendles, liked that he backed himself in and went for goal, hopefully will do wonders for his confidence.

Thoughts?
That was a wonderful goal really nice to see a young man having the confidence and required skill to do that.

Ultimately was paid a free instead of a mark, however I liked DeGoey out wrestling Hodge in the goal square. Brown seems to be building with each game; it will interesting to see where he's at with another 20-30 games experience.

Thoughts?
I thought the same with the Treloar handball to Stepho. Hopefully, that was a great sign of Treloar making progress in one of his areas weaknesses.

Thoughts?

Whilst it wouldn't win mark of the day. The one I really enjoyed was the uncontested one on the lead where Elliott just get so high and seemed to hang up there. I was a bit concerned that he may have lost a bit of his leap. I would have loved him to have taken that specky that he got hands to later in the game.

It may not make the highlight reel but Jamie Elliot took two absolute springheel Jack marks that he had no right to take. On a lead in Q3 he just bounced up in the air and grabbed at the highest point. Gee I love watching him play.

It was a night of generally uncontested marking so really hard to pay others (maybe the Grundy mark?)

I loved Mihocek's running pickup and goal in Q3 also that pretty much said we're just going to win this.

Play of the day - Beams on Wing handballs to Thomas who handballs to Jordy who kicks to Elliot. Hands off to Mihocek who strolls in. Play of the day only in that everything seemed to be flowing so smoothly and cohesively and makes you thrilled to think what we could be this year.

Whilst it wouldn't win mark of the day. The one I really enjoyed was the uncontested one on the lead where Elliott just get so high and seemed to hang up there. I was a bit concerned that he may have lost a bit of his leap. I would have loved him to have taken that specky that he got hands to later in the game.
I was just thinking , yes he is back then thinking ffs don't hurt yourself on landing .

Play of the day - Beams on Wing handballs to Thomas who handballs to Jordy who kicks to Elliot. Hands off to Mihocek who strolls in. Play of the day only in that everything seemed to be flowing so smoothly and cohesively and makes you thrilled to think what we could be this year.

Also will win Brisbane the AFL witches hats of the week award. I thought we were very good, but hard to know because they were very bad.

It may not make the highlight reel but Jamie Elliot took two absolute springheel Jack marks that he had no right to take. On a lead in Q3 he just bounced up in the air and grabbed at the highest point. Gee I love watching him play.

It was a night of generally uncontested marking so really hard to pay others (maybe the Grundy mark?)

I loved Mihocek's running pickup and goal in Q3 also that pretty much said we're just going to win this.

That Q3 Mark was insane.
Like he had arms as long as an orangutan!
Just plucked, as you say, without having the right to.
Hope he stays healthy.

There were lots of plays of the day. My favourite was Phillips play where he beat two Lions to the ball, shrugged the tackle, turned them inside out and spotted up a splitting corridor pass. I think led to a goal too. Awesome piece of work and showed some qualities of Phillips you don't often see. Perhaps even his development as a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were lots of plays of the day. My favourite was Phillips play where he beat two Lions to the ball, shrugged the tackle, turned them inside out and spotted up a splitting corridor pass. I think led to a goal too. Awesome piece of work and showed some qualities of Phillips you don't often see. Perhaps even his development as a player.

This together with:

• Checkers pick-up and snap, so clean and fast for a guy of his size.
  • Callum's coming of age goal.
  • Billy's Jordanesque hang time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back