shiva25

The Frisk
Apr 19, 2002
Shyte Creek
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
LIONS / LIVERPOOL
Why do we have to put up with this twit on white line fever every week continually making excuses for Essendons poor form.Two weeks ago he was whinging about the watery surface on AAMI Stadium being a factor in their loss to Port and this week he is at it again defending Soloman with the fact that he has been playing injured all year.How does playing injured explain his undisiplined acts on the weekend and why would he be playing if his injured anyway?Harvey is just too stupid to admit the fact that Essendon are awful at the moment and is making himself look silly every week

shiva25 said:
Why do we have to put up with this twit on white line fever every week continually making excuses for Essendons poor form.Two weeks ago he was whinging about the watery surface on AAMI Stadium being a factor in their loss to Port and this week he is at it again defending Soloman with the fact that he has been playing injured all year.How does playing injured explain his undisiplined acts on the weekend and why would he be playing if his injured anyway?Harvey is just too stupid to admit the fact that Essendon are awful at the moment and is making himself look silly every week

Have you heard of ","? Now take a deep breath & start again.

shiva25 said:

Simple answer is, Don't watch it on Tuesdays

It's not the role of the assistant coach to criticise his players in public. Harvey's job is to make comments that result in irate supporters posting on football discussion forums. That's what Essendon pays him for.

he wasnt making excuses for his lack of discipline u fool he was saying that hes carrying an injury which has contributed to his lack of form. He has to get it drained each week and anybody who has had that type of injury would know how hard it is to get up each week. I never miss wlf and your just putting words into harveys mouth. He never said "we lost because of the wet surface". twit! :rolleyes:

Mark Harvey is sensational in the media. Provided one of the funniest moments of 2004 when he went psycho on Talking Footy after the hawks brawl.

A very hypocritical interview where he spent the whole show crying about some team doing to Essendon what Essendon had been doing for years. Although unlike Essendon, the Hawks attack wasnt unprovoked and pre meditated for weeks.

hahahahhahaha, Harvey is always good for a laugh, I almost split my sides, with the "Adelaides midfield is as good as West Coasts" comment

eddiesmith said:
Mark Harvey is sensational in the media. Provided one of the funniest moments of 2004 when he went psycho on Talking Footy after the hawks brawl.

A very hypocritical interview where he spent the whole show crying about some team doing to Essendon what Essendon had been doing for years. Although unlike Essendon, the Hawks attack wasnt unprovoked and pre meditated for weeks.

I didnt see that (sounds like the only interesting thing that was to see on that show), but it might be the reason why the Hawks didnt ring him in relation to a job interview. He seemed miffed in the press that they didnt leave even a message.

Perhaps they dont think you are coaching material, Harvs.

Harvey was really put under the pump last night, and no mistake. I thought he handled it quite well. I like the way that Harvs and Shaw work together, they can be passionate and lighthearted in the same sentence. When they were joined by Derek Humphrey-Smith later the show got even better. D H-S disagreed with just about every umpiring decision last weekend.

shiva25 said:

I thought Tony Shaw took him to task beautifully last nite. Solomon was a classic topic. Here's harvey making excuses for solomon playing poorly because he's carrying an injury. NEWSFLASH HARVEY!!! Most players are carrying some sort of niggling little injury but if Solomans' is that bad why play him???? Beautifully said by T Shaw.

Harvey would make a crap coach IMO. He's been hiding beautifully behind sheedy all these years and now the heat's on he cant handle it.

go team said:
It's not the role of the assistant coach to criticise his players in public. Harvey's job is to make comments that result in irate supporters posting on football discussion forums. That's what Essendon pays him for.

well, what ever he's on, he's over paid.

& D. H. S. made him look like a fool - "i thought you were paid to know the rules harves"

His best excuse was after the swans game when he said they lost because they had a number of players under 23 or something like that and a swans supporter called in and informed him the swans had more of them, he didnt know what to say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barralupo said:
His best excuse was after the swans game when he said they lost because they had a number of players under 23 or something like that and a swans supporter called in and informed him the swans had more of them, he didnt know what to say

Unbelievable.

Harvs, do yourself a favour and just come out and say the bombers just aren't good enough. You'll have a lot more credibility.

harvey comes across as though he thinks he's got the future "head job" in the bag. problem is, he's one dimensional & i think essendon would be better of going for some one like o'donnell, yes, a bombers man, but with some serious success at the lions. what exactly does harvey bring to the table anyway?

Barralupo said:

I think you'll find that Harvey said Essendon had 7 players with less than 25 games experience. And he didn't use it as an excuse, just to highlight that we are playing young players.

Sydney only had 3.

smilingassassin said:
So do I , the blokes a total loser and will be another Timmy Watson if he ever gets a head job. Can't stand him on WLF either.

Yeah such a total loser!!! His achievments would outweigh yours by a mile. You are a geek typing absolute tripe on an internet forum and he is a premiership player and assistant coach. Now who's that calling someone else a loser? :rolleyes:

Longy413 said:
I think you'll find that Harvey said Essendon had 7 players with less than 25 games experience. And he didn't use it as an excuse, just to highlight that we are playing young players.

Sydney only had 3.

He didnt need to highlight the fact they are playing young kids because we can already see that for ourselves.He is nothing more than an excuse machine whenever theres a loss.If only he could admit that Essendon are ordinary he would save himself a lot of embarrasment

Essendon would have to be completely stupid to let Mark Harvey take over after sheedy has had enough, he has no experience outside essendon & just like sheedy he is all about excuses instead of taking responsibility

In saying that Gee i hope essendon allow M.Harvey a smooth transition into the coaching spot

shiva25 said:
He didnt need to highlight the fact they are playing young kids because we can already see that for ourselves.

Yes he does. Because it gives fans hope, it shows the supporters that club are going in a particular direction. He didn't use it as an excuse, he didn't say Essendon lost because...........He just said Essendon played 7 kids who have played less than 25 games.

shiva25 said:
If only he could admit that Essendon are ordinary he would save himself a lot of embarrasment

He is an assistant coach, what coaching staff member of any club would come out in the media and say his club is ordinary.

I think you have completely unrealistic expectations on what a coach should and shouln't say.

Longy413 said:
Yes he does. Because it gives fans hope, it shows the supporters that club are going in a particular direction. He didn't use it as an excuse, he didn't say Essendon lost because...........He just said Essendon played 7 kids who have played less than 25 games.

He is an assistant coach, what coaching staff member of any club would come out in the media and say his club is ordinary.

I think you have completely unrealistic expectations on what a coach should and shouln't say.
Well its pretty unrealistic to come up with pathetic reasons and excuses when you loose as well.The whinge about the watery surface at AAMI which is supposed to benefit Port was a classic example of how stupid the guy really is.Maybe half the reason for Essendons demise is the fact that Harvey brings very little to table and is only hanging around in hope for that Head job he so desires when Sheedy leaves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back