Remove this Banner Ad

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I once stated that we will not win a premiership with Hutch in the side. Months later we went onto win a premiership and he played a huge role in that side and justified himself as one of the premier taggers of the comp. Genuine egg on face moment for me but it's at least pretty tasty.

This bloke has come a long way in a short time for us and i'm very happy for him.

Last edited:
I too wrote him off and was one of the critics that stated that we would Categorically NOT win a Premiership with him in the side.

So , I tip my hat to him , as not only has he achieved the ultimate prize in owning an AFL a Premiership Medal, he has proven me wrong.

Any player that grinds away and incrementally improves his game 5 % year after year after year , deserves applause and respect.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

100 games of AFL football is no small feat and I would like him to clock up another 50, so that he gets life membership.

You have to admire players with limited ability that work their arses off and through sheer hard work, persistence and dedication forge a career out of the game for themselves.

Well done young man.......... you have done yourself and your family proud.

For the record :

Hutchings 1 v Monocle 0

Better offensively than a lot of people seem to realise, and has really learned to play within his limitations the past couple of years.

Always had time for Mark Clutchings personally, because he has always been a contributor if not a star. Goals here and there, finding space for a mark coming out of defense, little blocks, etc.

Hope as well he gets to 150, as he well and truly deserves it. But even if he doesn't, he'll always have club membership in the darkest recesses of Sidebottom's subconsciousness.

Like Masten, he was one of the players asked to cut down at the end of 2017. Both those player went from fringe to b22 last year. In hutch's case, it enabled him to run with with the est mids but more importantly the more outside types that can actually take a game away from you. I genuinely think he could hold Gaff to 20 touches or less if he was to tag Gaffy.

Will go down in the annals of blue and gold history for playing his part in bringing the cup home,

Critically, restricting Steele Sidebottom's influence to 14 disposals in the Grand Final.

Bravo!

We have really seen a lot of stories of our resilience the last year or so- Hutchings is one that really epiomises it. Delisted at the saints, went back to WP but didn’t get picked up the next year, but worked on his game and finally made someone re-look at him. Continually in and out of the side, but just keeps plugging away and forcing his name to the front of the queue.

Seems to have really relished the fact that he’s not necessarily best 22 & worked his backside off to leave no stone unturned. Love his work ethic, his want to do the little team things that no one really notices but are so critical to team success.

Well deserving of reaching 100 games. Had thought he would be a life member anyway as he is a premiership player now but I might be wrong.

Always liked Hutchings but at the same time always found him frustrating (much like Redden when he first came over). Just seems like a really good bloke who loves to play for the team.

I'd like to know if he could for the sake of team continuity (not dropping him) become a ball winner in his own right when there is no opponent to tag. He'd get himself to heaps of contests and he's a strong enough bloke to take a battering to try release Yeo and Shuey.

Can't believe he's only played 100, thought he was on more actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a man that ran a 0 to 20 in 2.83 seconds.

Even though he is a plodder......................

He sure does know how to get the best out of himself all credit to him !!

Happy 100th Hutchy.

2018 Premiership player Mark Hutchings has signed a contract extension with the club.

On the eve of his 100th game of AFL, the reliable stopper has put pen to paper on a new deal, which will see him remain an Eagle through to 2020.

Why only the 1 year? Seems he's been on year to year contracts for a while now.

Surely his importance to the side warrants a multi-year deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back