Player Watch Mark Keane (Retired 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS, the contract was to play AFL footy. I don’t need to defend it. He was within his rights to do it. Not the 1st to walk away from AFL, won’t be the last. That you don’t like it makes FA difference despite your hyperbolic bullshit.

Yes and he didn’t? And you are defending it? Saying it’s weak to walk away from your commitments to spend more time with your mates and mother is not hyperbolic.

“Mark and Anton will really add to our developing key position depth,” said Collingwood national recruiting manager Derek Hine.

“They are different to each other in the manner in which they play. Anton has the makings of a tall utility who will be capable at both ends of the ground, with the potential to play minutes in the ruck.

“Mark is very strong overhead and has natural game sense. We can see him playing as a key forward or key defender.”

Derek can "see" Keane hurling his way through an irish winter

I just had a quick glance at the u19 cricket with india and ireland.... the irish team has flown in the parents for the game and there's good access to the bar....we have a lot to learn in keeping our irish boys on side

When you look at this in the cool light of day, better he does this now than half way through a contending season.

or after downing a couple of dozen pints and hurling them on st. pats day...

if we can just manage the convince the next guy to stay at home from the outset...

Yes and he didn’t? And you are defending it? Saying it’s weak to walk away from your commitments to spend more time with your mates and mother is not hyperbolic.

Not defending it at all, he’s quite within his rights to exercise that option so nothing to defend. Just saying you’re full of s**t and hyperbole.

Not defending it at all, he’s quite within his rights to exercise that option so nothing to defend. Just saying you’re full of sh*t and hyperbole.

i think the pies are within their rights to acknowledge that chasing irish footballers is a waste of time, effort and money. Leaving early is probably the biggest contribution this kid made to the club...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the intrusion, reports are Mark Keane is joining us, what’s he like? Worth back up defender, potentially better than that?
I am a fan, he’s a big boy with aggression.
Struggles a bit with the hands in the back rule.
Given our forward line at the time, (and his attack on the ball/man) I was keane for him to be tried there.
Good luck to him.
Clearly burned his bridges with us and perhaps Madge is a fan too.

Wow.

First we bring over Magden to help with the SANFL Side. Then Brown. Now Keane. Taking all of Collingwoods scraps. lol. Is Keane any good?

I am a fan, he’s a big boy with aggression.
Struggles a bit with the hands in the back rule.
Given our forward line at the time, (and his attack on the ball/man) I was keane for him to be tried there.
Good luck to him.
Clearly burned his bridges with us and perhaps Madge is a fan too.
it must mean that Adelaide didn't rate Frampton. Could we have bought a dud?

it must mean that Adelaide didn't rate Frampton. Could we have bought a dud?

I watched Frampton closely at many of our games, had a good view down the ground with him often right in front of us, I was hoping he would never play another game for us again about 2 years ago. He does some good things at times but he's not a smart footballer and is often very laconic.
Hoping Keane is an upgrade but sounds like huge unknowns with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back