Player Watch Mark Keane (Retired 2022)

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was a fluke. If he was any good he would still be on a list somewhere.

Face it, your call on him was flat out wrong. He was a spud. Keane has more hope of making it than Schade did.
Keane likes schache or schafer as you call him

Any spud will do he says

Mashed potato
Scallop potato
Fried potato
Boiled potato
Tinned potato
Potato cakes.
Potato fritters
Raw potato
Keane just says give me a potato

(Insert old Italian voice for effect)

Ugene41

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Consistently improving every game. Surprising amount of composure with ball in hand and has the ability to take intercept marks. Can definitely see him locking down one of our KPD positions long term. Already showing a lot more than what Madgen, Schade, Jack Frost showed in terms of KPD we've tried to bring in the past.

Against the Suns, leaving a 3rd gamer one out on the last line of defense is more an indictment on our coaches than Keane's ability. As a key defender, experience is arguably more important than ability. Should've been Roughead/Maynard on that last line.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Consistently improving every game. Surprising amount of composure with ball in hand and has the ability to take intercept marks. Can definitely see him locking down one of our KPD positions long term. Already showing a lot more than what Madgen, Schade, Jack Frost showed in terms of KPD we've tried to bring in the past.

Against the Suns, leaving a 3rd gamer one out on the last line of defense is more an indictment on our coaches than Keane's ability. As a key defender, experience is arguably more important than ability. Should've been Roughead/Maynard on that last line.

Hardly. GC would have just rotated whoever Keane was opposed to back that deepest forward role. The issue was not holding the footy in our F50 when we were structured up to do that. That's the entire on-field teams responsibility.

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Moves well, reads the ball coming in well, some good intercept marks, good running out of tight spots, and good disposal. He just needs more experience with body contact, working an opponent out of a contest, and other one-on-one stuff.

A big improvement on last week but, also against a much softer opposition, definitely something to work with there.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Moves well, reads the ball coming in well, some good intercept marks, good running out of tight spots, and good disposal. He just needs more experience with body contact, working an opponent out of a contest, and other one-on-one stuff.

A big improvement on last week but, also against a much softer opposition, definitely something to work with there.

i kind of wonder what he has actually learnt since he got off the ship from ireland... has his time been used up teaching him how to cook for himself and clean up his mess after a night of drinking? On a positive side, he does seem to be able to kick. I cant say that I appreciate his attitude - he seems to be competing with trey ruscoe with who can blame the rest of the world for their mistakes.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Keane likes schache or schafer as you call him

Any spud will do he says

Mashed potato
Scallop potato
Fried potato
Boiled potato
Tinned potato
Potato cakes.
Potato fritters
Raw potato
Keane just says give me a potato

(Insert old Italian voice for effect)
Potato salad, add some Keen mustard

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
He'll make it. Moves really well for his size, reads the ball well in the air (the intercept marking a real feature) and his kicking is better than most playing the position.

It'll take him between 50-100 games to be able to have the body, confidence, experience to play on the more dangerous/bigger key forwards. Some of those games will be stinkers, some will be good... but I like what I see so far.

Read this and I think he'll be a 50-50 chance of being there in 100 games even if he does learn how to play AFL. If he wants a tip to improve his footy in the short-term, maybe sleeping through the night rather than waking up to watch his home team, might help his improvement.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
evidently, the gaelic footy is still under restrictions. it would probably be a good idea for the players to get out of the country and do some training with other sports in countries like australia where they can play professionally... oh sorry, thats already been thought of...

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
A thought came to mind this morning....a rare event. I wondered who was ireland's greatest sportsperson. I did a search. A couple of golfers who have had less success than Greg Norman. A few rugby union players. A few soccer players. A few who played the irish games. Connor McGregor, of course. Katie Taylor...yeh I'm scraping. And finally, that famous womaniser and drunk George Best.

So who knows, we might have the greatest irish athlete of all time on our hands.

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
A thought came to mind this morning....a rare event. I wondered who was ireland's greatest sportsperson. I did a search. A couple of golfers who have had less success than Greg Norman. A few rugby union players. A few soccer players. A few who played the irish games. Connor McGregor, of course. Katie Taylor...yeh I'm scraping. And finally, that famous womaniser and drunk George Best.

So who knows, we might have the greatest irish athlete of all time on our hands.

Galileo. Stud on and of the track.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can actually see development in this bloke. He is still raw, def needs more awareness but that comes with exposure. He has tools. Unlike some on the list.

Improves week on week. Can’t ask for more than that.

Back