Retired Mark Mercuri

Remove this Banner Ad

Came second in the Brownlow in 99....one of the smoothest movers I've seen play for Essendon. It's great to read that he's doing well.

Mercedes, Rolls Royce? Bah! He's a Ferrari.

Small, quick, ridiculously agile, effortlessly powerful, the epitome of class and like any good Italian car ends up braking down pretty severely, and costing far too much, but damn it was good while it lasted. You'd take that romance every time.

You'd just sat back in awe with the way he made everything seem so easy and the way he saw the game so well.

I reckon Rama was nudging into the same territory when he was cut down.

One of few players that you loved seeing the ball in their hands. What they'd do with it and the way they did it... All class my mercuri

Never get sick of talking about Mercs. What a jet!
Glad to hear he is going well. Would be a great Open Mike subject.

Me three for the 93 prelim. And that roar was awesome!

Just highlights for me what I golden era for essendon I grew up in. You love footy so much when you are a kid and to have your team have a era like that was just great.

Sheedy. Wanganeen, Hird, Lloyd, Lucas, Long, Mercuri, Fletcher all time essendon greats plus the 93 flag against the our biggest rival and the best season ever in 2000!

Just highlights for me what I golden era for essendon I grew up in. You love footy so much when you are a kid and to have your team have a era like that was just great.

Sheedy. Wanganeen, Hird, Lloyd, Lucas, Long, Mercuri, Fletcher all time essendon greats plus the 93 flag against the our biggest rival and the best season ever in 2000!

Was in high school in 2000 when we they won flag best year ever. Teams shat them selves when they had to play Essendon I miss us being feared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back