Love the guy - definitely one of my favourites.For those with access to the Age
I think the AFL would be wise to keep the two Cat B spots even if the rest of the rookie list is disbanded. So if they reduced the normal list to 36 for example, clubs could still have two Cat Bs outside the cap if they were willing and able. Only way to keep poaching talented athletes from other sports.Love the guy - definitely one of my favourites.
Interesting point raised regarding the decrease in list sizes and the effect that will have on Irish (and other non traditional background) players. I hadn't thought of that, but you'd think clubs would be less willing to take a punt on these guys and instead play it safe. Might make things a bit more boring.
Ignore is your friend. I can’t see any of it.This thread is a microcosm of the board over the last couple of years:
- thread is started toasting something positive about the club
- posters join in embracing the positive
- seeds (or a few select other buzzkill posters) try to rain on the parade by ignoring all positives and focussing on inevitable possible areas of improvement
- thread turns out to be prophetic as positive developments prove sustainable.
- seeds (or other buzzkill) is not to be seen again)
- majority rejoice in positive develolment
- other buzzkill poster (such as catscollector) joins thread to play down positives and take on role raining on parade
- rinse. Repeat
It almost makes you think that there were trolls out there with multiple accounts just stirring sh*te.