Mark Robinson on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pretty clearly called the Panel corrupt and incompetent.
Given there were only 3 people on the cas panel - this is flat out defamation against Spigelman imo. It goes to the very heart of Spigelman's professional reputation.

His position? He works for the Sun, how low can you get?

As much as I am not fond of Caro's personality, she goes against the boy's club mentality that is the AFL media and gets the story. Hence why she is head football writer of a paper that is actually respected.

It wasn't like that under Mike Sheahan though.

For all his faults he kept his integrity and didn't let his bias slip through in the articles he wrote or the 'direction' the paper took.

Since Robbo came on board the quailty has gone down hill at a rapid pace and that's why the paper is where it is.

I got the impression that Robbo got his material from Bruce Francis. Or they are the same person. Or, maybe, they have the same delusion.

I listened to that crap and its 40 odd minutes of my life I'll never get back:(

Basically, Jobe should keep the medal because Robbo has decided that he 'doesn't like comfortable satisfaction and we need to be sure' and 'there were no positive tests' (yes that one again:rolleyes:)

Umm Robbo, CAS has ruled. The world is now sure. That cannot change unless Jobe wins an appeal.

All of the other athletes who lost gold medals, TDF wins etc etc well they just weren't good blokes I suppose. Comfortable satisfaction is ok for them but not good enough for Australians, right?

F*** me. You're like a 6 year old. I don't like the result so I'm spitting the dummy and ignoring the rules. What an advertisement for a chief sports writer:drunk:

Compare jobes 2011 numbers with his 2012. And get back to us robbo

It wasn't like that under Mike Sheahan though.

For all his faults he kept his integrity and didn't let his bias slip through in the articles he wrote or the 'direction' the paper took.

Since Robbo came on board the quailty has gone down hill at a rapid pace and that's why the paper is where it is.

I dont know, some people still remember shehans blatant barracking for the melbourne hawks merger, dressed up as 'debate'

Just so sick of the "Jobe's a good bloke" line of thinking.

F**k me, Lance Armstrong was thought to be s good bloke by just about all and sundry. Hell, US presidents went bike riding with him, he was loved by powerful media figures everywhere and fans the world over thought he was a God. Look how that turned out.

Marion Jones was the darling of the Sydney Olympics. Guilty!

Stuart O'Grady doped once in 1998. After that he had a great career and was much admired. He won gold at Athens and the green jersey in the TdF a number of times. When he finally admitted doping he was cut no slack. There was talk of his gold medal being stripped even though the doing was six years previous (unsure if this actually happened in the end). Nonetheless he is now branded a doper and cheat for life.

Just so sick of the "Jobe's a good bloke" line of thinking.

F**k me, Lance Armstrong was thought to be s good bloke by just about all and sundry. Hell, US presidents went bike riding with him, he was loved by powerful media figures everywhere and fans the world over thought he was a God. Look how that turned out.

Marion Jones was the darling of the Sydney Olympics. Guilty!

Stuart O'Grady doped once in 1998. After that he had a great career and was much admired. He won gold at Athens and the green jersey in the TdF a number of times. When he finally admitted doping he was cut no slack. There was talk of his gold medal being stripped even though the doing was six years previous (unsure if this actually happened in the end). Nonetheless he is now branded a doper and cheat for life.
The thing is, Essendon folk and their supporters seem to think WE think he's a bad bloke (and this cuts them to the core). He's not. He made some very poor decisions and now he has to live with the consequences. Just like everybody on any given day. He's not a bad bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ though the one week they manage to win a game will be unbearable. The trash after they beat Melbourne in the preseason was bad enough. Imagine what he is going to be like if they snag 4 points from someone this year.

More than just about anything in 2016, I hope they don't beat us.

I think we will need a poll on how many times he can use the word...,brave if they have a win.

I reckon robbos into the 'like me or hate me, just dont ignore then i rate well' gig. The goodes stuff and all that.

Ditto jobes gong, getting attention. Wont make a jot of difference
This, say something outrageous, generate clicks, profit.

Robbo is a chief football writer in name only anyway. Thinking of the most authoritative writers on football, is he even in your top 10? Nowhere near top 5.

Well it's good to know Mark's time in the re-education camp was a success.
He strayed from the path for a day or two when surrounded by that evil fact peddler Gerard Whaetley but he is back in the fold pushing the righteous agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back