Mark Robinson Top 50 players Post 2017 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Your right.Should be #2.

I'd almost make a case for him at 1.

Yes there I said it. Tigers wouldn't have got within a bulls roar of a flag without Rance even with Martin.

Yes there I said it. Tigers wouldn't have got within a bulls roar of a flag without Rance even with Martin.
as good as martin was, as good as rance was, its all about the collective team at punt road. Without every piece pulling in the right direction it would not have worked, our flag wasn't built on the back on one players individual season but on the back of 22 contributors all with a relentless desire to ground our opponents into the dirt.

as good as martin was, as good as rance was, its all about the collective team at punt road. Without every piece pulling in the right direction it would not have worked, our flag wasn't built on the back on one players individual season but on the back of 22 contributors all with a relentless desire to ground our opponents into the dirt.

Fair points. Still personally if I had to choose I'd pick Rance and personally it wouldn't be close.

Both dusty and rance are superstars, just lucky we have them both. They both bring a different dimension to the team and are equally important I reckon. Really splitting hairs.

True. People whinging that Rance is in the top 3 or 5 in these lists are dead set kidding themselves. There is a reason why teams can't bomb it into their forward line- Rance kills you every time.

Close call.But the finals series was a collective effort by the entire team while over the year i.d just have Dusty over Rance from a Tigers pov.(just).But Rance does have a strong case.

It is interesting Cotchin and Rance have both threatened to retire in their mid 20's.

Is that a tiger thing?

Obviously I don't 100% agree with the order but I think he's very close to being on the money

It is interesting Cotchin and Rance have both threatened to retire in their mid 20's.

Is that a tiger thing?
Don’t think cotch threatened to retire, either did rance, they both obviously have interests outside of football. Doesn’t really matter though does it as their performance this year has been elite.

Don’t think cotch threatened to retire, either did rance, they both obviously have interests outside of football. Doesn’t really matter though does it as their performance this year has been elite.
What it may mean is the era may come to a halt rather quickly. Martin$ doesn't come across as very loyal or someone who'll want to do preseason at 30.

The problem with unexpected success can be the unexpected reaction to it. The rats will be learning how to swim as we speak.

What it may mean is the era may come to a halt rather quickly. Martin$ doesn't come across as very loyal or someone who'll want to do preseason at 30.

The problem with unexpected success can be the unexpected reaction to it. The rats will be learning how to swim as we speak.
There is no problem with unexpected success. The joy provide by the Richmond football club this year is enough to last for many years. Will we do it again in the next few years? Who knows but what an exciting ride it’s gonna be.
As for your dig at dusty, how do you know what dusty will be like at 30, this bloke is so durable he may play deep into his 30’s. You sound like another bitter north supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that a tiger thing?

The values of Cotchin and Rance won us a premiership.

Maybe it’s a good thing they play for the love of the game and to share a bond with their mates?

There is no problem with unexpected success. The joy provide by the Richmond football club this year is enough to last for many years. Will we do it again in the next few years? Who knows but what an exciting ride it’s gonna be.
As for your dig at dusty, how do you know what dusty will be like at 30, this bloke is so durable he may play deep into his 30’s. You sound like another bitter north supporter.
The expectation and microscope will be at another level as this list evolves.

Nobody really took them seriously this year except for a few media types trying to justify previous years ratings.

Dealing with setbacks in 2018 will give a decent indication of their ability to maintain the passion. The point has been proven and the relief/luck factor could easily outweigh the desire next year.

Perhaps next year is the opportunity while Rance and Cotchin ride the wave of success. A fall may just trigger movement amongst the leadership who apparently have more important things to do than driving a stalling group to (bonus) success.

Dusty is a bit of a phenomenon but he'll be drinking beers with swan before he's 31. Lifestyle is his thing and it's fair enough to a degree.

Nobody really took them seriously this year except for a few media types trying to justify previous years ratings.

Dealing with setbacks in 2018 will give a decent indication of their ability to maintain the passion. The point has been proven and the relief/luck factor could easily outweigh the desire next year.

Perhaps next year is the opportunity while Rance and Cotchin ride the wave of success. A fall may just trigger movement amongst the leadership who apparently have more important things to do than driving a stalling group to (bonus) success.

Dusty is a bit of a phenomenon but he'll be drinking beers with swan before he's 31. Lifestyle is his thing and it's fair enough to a degree.
Reeeeeeeeaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyy scraping the bottom of the barrel to find reasons for the tiges to fall. Lighten up mate, we won a flag before we thought, why be doom and gloom? This is the top 50 thread.
Worry about your own rabble of a club.

-selwood @ 15 lol
cant argue too much with rest

'Martin$' also screams of salt

You’re a real positive guy aren’t you? Won a flag for the first time in 37 years ahead of schedule and you’re painting it with doom and gloom. Classic

How does freo see Fyfe nowdays? I can’t understand even with the crazy Robbo factor how he is as low as 18...

His last 6-8 games were almost back to his best, just wasn't quite clunking the marks he usually does, but I don't think too many have come back from two broken legs and hit the ground running, his comeback was actually pretty good.

I'd like to know how much he looks at every teams best and fairest results. I'd argue he just looks at the top 5 or every teams best and fairest, factors in teams success throughout the year and then puts players in a position with only a little bit of his own judgement. It would be more interesting if he just backed himself in and did everything based from only his own judgement, although still his opinion would be barely of note.

Average effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back