mark thompsons email to david evans..

Remove this Banner Ad

KetamineKerr

Senior List
Aug 5, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ma...n/news-story/e040779848c5f88bced2354a23277904

“I think it’s time you stepped up to be the man we thought you were,” Thompson said to Evans, who stepped down from the Bombers board in 2013.

“It’s time to start fighting for the truth for all our sakes, and most importantly for the players’ sake. They deserve to know everything we know about this fiasco. It’s time we all stood up and right the wrong.

“James will die if you continue to let the world bully him. Your former best friend will die fighting for the cause ... You need to save my life and that of James Hird, Danny Corcoran, Dr Bruce Reid and 34 current and past players.

“You would save the game in many ways. It’s been a cover-up from the start. And like Watergate, the cover-up is worse than the crime.”

theory: AFL told essendon to banish evidence of use of supplements in order to avoid future lawsuits. then hung out essendon to dry.

thoughts?

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ma...n/news-story/e040779848c5f88bced2354a23277904

theory: AFL told essendon to banish evidence of use of supplements in order to avoid future lawsuits. then hung out essendon to dry.

thoughts?

It's not really a theory, fairly certain the AFL tipped them off - IIRC Hird stated this under oath in court.

The AFL did not however hang them out to dry they carefully managed the process so the AFL tribunal cleared everyone - only because WADA appealled did the whole charade come crashing down.

"The AFL needs to stand up and take responsibility,” Thompson’s email argued."

maybe you should start with yourself bomber, the truth will set you free

cant wait for the first tell all book on this, i reckon its about 3 years away

doubt we will see this....if Bomber is convicted of the current charges, profits from telling your crime story are banned.

34 players, 1 will crack too much $$$ to be made

True. EFC has gone the Trump/Stormy Daniels route of buying silence from some of the 34 already to close off court cases. One will surely be inspired to be a Stormy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hird and Thompson get too much air time, inc on Big Footy. These are people who have disgraced not just their Club but the game itself.

David Evans always seemed a decent human being to me and he has paid a heavy price for the crimes of others. The Unibomber still seems determined to take down his former Club and any decent person associated with it.

If the Unibomber had a modicum of sense and decency he would stfu.

MarblesFolly

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why are people involved with Essendon such campaigners.

campaigner of a club. campaigner of a supporter base.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Recent EFC Coach/accused drug trafficker wants a bloke who was run out of the club 6 years ago to 'man up' and save the 5 peoples lives who were closest to what happened...Seinfeld 'I'm out' gif someone, please.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Recent EFC Coach/accused drug trafficker wants a bloke who was run out of the club 6 years ago to 'man up' and save the 5 peoples lives who were closest to what happened...Seinfeld 'I'm out' gif someone, please.
This one?
AB879229-B585-4765-8538-1D9C9E8F9040.gif

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I would not be surprised to learn that Vlad tipped off Evans and made deals on how they were all going to handle it, which were then reneged on because the AFL’s hand in controlling the outcome wasn’t what they thought.
This is close to being right.
Evans maybe only one not signatory to a NDA.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I would not be surprised to learn that Vlad tipped off Evans and made deals on how they were all going to handle it, which were then reneged on because the AFL’s hand in controlling the outcome wasn’t what they thought.

BINGO!

Demetriou was actually doing them a solid, and what did they do? Turned around and scapegoated Demetriou when they realised their infantile legal machinations weren't going to get them out of it. Quality people.

If Hird fell on his sword when he was told, most of the other rubbish would have been promptly handled, and essendon would have been back to business in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back