mark thompsons email to david evans..

Remove this Banner Ad

blackcat

Brandon at the peachpit
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
blackcat Still waiting for the triangulation. Lay it out in simple terms for me, I am slow on the uptake.
just a shot across the bow sosos

i reckon bomber is just flummoxed by hypocrisy when everyone battened down the hatches to protect themself/selves and threw some folks under the bus

formerPresident DavidEvans as an executive/banker of jbWere/goldmanSachs/Evans&Co turned up to Williams Street court to provide testimony character evidence for Shane Charter when he was being sentenced for importing illegal meth/ice recreational drug precursors (probabaly doing a favour for Hird)
AFL House and Demetriou threw them under the bus when the story_got_away_from_them to manage in the media (*to lie)

cycling went through this in the 90s , nothing changed there , they just added layers of plausible deniability and protection.

So Mark Thompson is just rightly calling them out as a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

life is more complicated even in AFL circles than the fourth estate will write , they are a marketing and stenography tome*

you get Robbo and Michael Sheahan

Essendon ain't a bunch of pudenda , the one mistake made was to formalise it and have it in-house at the off-site facility, they needed someone with experience in cycling and appreciating risks , when Gillard v Rudd places pressure on media to look at confected faux stories like sport drug importation to take up a zero_sum media prominence and take(_crowdingout)Canberra ALP hubbub from the front pages

they removed the plausible deniability facade , but your team and my team , in reality and practical sake , = no difference

Tracy Holmes has been the best journalist on d'affaire WindyHill by a country mile , no coincidence she is separated from Melbourne cauldron of AFL and insulated trom AFLhouse pressure

Last edited:

CliffMcTainshaw

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Until I read Michael Warner's book "The Boys Club" I was of the opinion that all this was Essendon's fault and they got what they deserved. I now think that Essendon did have significant governance issues about their program, that wasn't a change in my opinion, but I also now think that the AFL deliberately shafted Essendon to make the AFL look like paragons of virtue.

blackcat

Brandon at the peachpit
Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Until I read Michael Warner's book "The Boys Club" I was of the opinion that all this was Essendon's fault and they got what they deserved. I now think that Essendon did have significant governance issues about their program, that wasn't a change in my opinion, but I also now think that the AFL deliberately shafted Essendon to make the AFL look like paragons of virtue.
Rene Girard - 'scapegoat theory'

we are not told how you make the sausage , as i have repeated , see Don Scott say ' we knew who did things in our team ' (circa69-80@Glenferrie) *he said this at a Bob ansett north Melbourne grandfinal breakfast circa2013 with Luke Ball, Simon Madden, and compare'd by Libbi Gorr(aka ElleMcFeast) ... 😱👂🦻\0/ <crickets>

now Luke Ball(StKilda captain/Collingwood/Xavier) his father a lawyer played with Scott in that era with the Hawks ... I want to know one person at a brownlow invite table who has not flouted AusADA rules in past three decades , and google the AFL statistics chief ex Carlton in 60s talk about brown tablets/pills , ChampionData founder Ted Hopkins

this does not mean any of the aforementioned are bad people of il-repute and deformed character ... I make no value judgements
/pleonasm

yaco55

Edit: #EdVardMunchausen[sic]/p0rtM@laprop

Last edited:

blackcat

Brandon at the peachpit
Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Last edited:

Aussie in exile

Club Legend
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
just a shot across the bow sosos

i reckon bomber is just flummoxed by hypocrisy when everyone battened down the hatches to protect themself/selves and threw some folks under the bus

formerPresident DavidEvans as an executive/banker of jbWere/goldmanSachs/Evans&Co turned up to Williams Street court to provide testimony character evidence for Shane Charter when he was being sentenced for importing illegal meth/ice recreational drug precursors (probabaly doing a favour for Hird)
AFL House and Demetriou threw them under the bus when the story_got_away_from_them to manage in the media (*to lie)

cycling went through this in the 90s , nothing changed there , they just added layers of plausible deniability and protection.

So Mark Thompson is just rightly calling them out as a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

life is more complicated even in AFL circles than the fourth estate will write , they are a marketing and stenography tome*

you get Robbo and Michael Sheahan

Essendon ain't a bunch of pudenda , the one mistake made was to formalise it and have it in-house at the off-site facility, they needed someone with experience in cycling and appreciating risks , when Gillard v Rudd places pressure on media to look at confected faux stories like sport drug importation to take up a zero_sum media prominence and take(_crowdingout)Canberra ALP hubbub from the front pages

they removed the plausible deniability facade , but your team and my team , in reality and practical sake , = no difference

Tracy Holmes has been the best journalist on d'affaire WindyHill by a country mile , no coincidence she is separated from Melbourne cauldron of AFL and insulated trom AFLhouse pressure
I still maintain that Fat Andy knew full well what was going on at the Bombers and either he or he told someone to alert the Bombers that the testers were in town.
It's not gone unnoticed that rent a quote Fat Andy seems very reluctant to want to talk about the whole affair, but in the past he seeked out the media to give his opinion on everything and how clubs and other sports should be run.
In my opinion he has something to hide and i suspect I'm not alone with that thought

Aussie in exile

Club Legend
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
The AFL and paragons of virtue is a very good example of a Oxymoron.

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Rene Girard - 'scapegoat theory'

we are not told how you make the sausage , as i have repeated , see Don Scott say ' we knew who did things in our team ' (circa69-80@Glenferrie) *he said this at a Bob ansett north Melbourne grandfinal breakfast circa2013 with Luke Ball, Simon Madden, and compare'd by Libbi Gorr(aka ElleMcFeast) ... 😱👂🦻\0/ <crickets>

now Luke Ball(StKilda captain/Collingwood/Xavier) his father a lawyer played with Scott in that era with the Hawks ... I want to know one person at a brownlow invite table who has not flouted AusADA rules in past three decades , and google the AFL statistics chief ex Carlton in 60s talk about brown tablets/pills , ChampionData founder Ted Hopkins

this does not mean any of the aforementioned are bad people of il-repute and deformed character ... I make no value judgements
/pleonasm

yaco55

Edit: #EdVardMunchausen[sic]/p0rtM@laprop

Thrown a few names around there, but what is it you think each of them did, to get a mention?

How long have AusADA rules been relevant to the AFL ?

Then you toss in where Luke Ball went to school -any relevance there but not for the other names rolled out?

blackcat

Brandon at the peachpit
Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Thrown a few names around there, but what is it you think each of them did, to get a mention?

How long have AusADA rules been relevant to the AFL ?

Then you toss in where Luke Ball went to school -any relevance there but not for the other names rolled out?
I was naming the two other retired players who swallowed their tongue when Libbi was hosting grandfinal breakfast and Don Scott was doing what Don Scott does and speaking off the cuff and there were <crickets> at the apogee of the EvansHirdDank era ...

This is Girard'ian scapegoat theory manifest , thank you for explicating the point

If you were reading it with a discerning lens i was absolving Dank Hird Evans Charter

Lance Uppercut

simply told , if not your team , my team

if not my team , your team ,

Dimetriou plays the gecko lizard role not the OliverStone Gordon Gecko role , he sacrificed the tail to save the torso

blackcat

Brandon at the peachpit
Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
I still maintain that Fat Andy knew full well what was going on at the Bombers and either he or he told someone to alert the Bombers that the testers were in town.
It's not gone unnoticed that rent a quote Fat Andy seems very reluctant to want to talk about the whole affair, but in the past he seeked out the media to give his opinion on everything and how clubs and other sports should be run.
In my opinion he has something to hide and i suspect I'm not alone with that thought
see:_DonScott , ofcourse Dimetriou knew, like Ian Collins and Footscray's Justin Charles on baldirone 🤣 to think it was a few bad apples is a fool's errand and risible

Last edited:

blackcat

Brandon at the peachpit
Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
and Spotless Ron Evans was almost AFL chair (DavidEvans father) before Graeme Samuel , father of StKildacricketer bombers' chair after his HoF player dad Ron

see:Tracy Holmes, husband is StanGrant, besides Don Scott and yours truly my fine cotton self she has been the best commentator on d'affaire Albert , Hird was DEFINITELY hung out to dry as the scapegoat du jour , Jobe Watson and Dank and Charters[sic]* together

*Shane Charter

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad