mark thompsons email to david evans..

Remove this Banner Ad

blackcat Still waiting for the triangulation. Lay it out in simple terms for me, I am slow on the uptake.
just a shot across the bow sosos

i reckon bomber is just flummoxed by hypocrisy when everyone battened down the hatches to protect themself/selves and threw some folks under the bus

formerPresident DavidEvans as an executive/banker of jbWere/goldmanSachs/Evans&Co turned up to Williams Street court to provide testimony character evidence for Shane Charter when he was being sentenced for importing illegal meth/ice recreational drug precursors (probabaly doing a favour for Hird)
AFL House and Demetriou threw them under the bus when the story_got_away_from_them to manage in the media (*to lie)

cycling went through this in the 90s , nothing changed there , they just added layers of plausible deniability and protection.

So Mark Thompson is just rightly calling them out as a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

life is more complicated even in AFL circles than the fourth estate will write , they are a marketing and stenography tome*

you get Robbo and Michael Sheahan

Essendon ain't a bunch of pudenda , the one mistake made was to formalise it and have it in-house at the off-site facility, they needed someone with experience in cycling and appreciating risks , when Gillard v Rudd places pressure on media to look at confected faux stories like sport drug importation to take up a zero_sum media prominence and take(_crowdingout)Canberra ALP hubbub from the front pages

they removed the plausible deniability facade , but your team and my team , in reality and practical sake , = no difference

Tracy Holmes has been the best journalist on d'affaire WindyHill by a country mile , no coincidence she is separated from Melbourne cauldron of AFL and insulated trom AFLhouse pressure

Last edited:
Until I read Michael Warner's book "The Boys Club" I was of the opinion that all this was Essendon's fault and they got what they deserved. I now think that Essendon did have significant governance issues about their program, that wasn't a change in my opinion, but I also now think that the AFL deliberately shafted Essendon to make the AFL look like paragons of virtue.

Until I read Michael Warner's book "The Boys Club" I was of the opinion that all this was Essendon's fault and they got what they deserved. I now think that Essendon did have significant governance issues about their program, that wasn't a change in my opinion, but I also now think that the AFL deliberately shafted Essendon to make the AFL look like paragons of virtue.
Rene Girard - 'scapegoat theory'

we are not told how you make the sausage , as i have repeated , see Don Scott say ' we knew who did things in our team ' (circa69-80@Glenferrie) *he said this at a Bob ansett north Melbourne grandfinal breakfast circa2013 with Luke Ball, Simon Madden, and compare'd by Libbi Gorr(aka ElleMcFeast) ... 😱👂🦻\0/ <crickets>

now Luke Ball(StKilda captain/Collingwood/Xavier) his father a lawyer played with Scott in that era with the Hawks ... I want to know one person at a brownlow invite table who has not flouted AusADA rules in past three decades , and google the AFL statistics chief ex Carlton in 60s talk about brown tablets/pills , ChampionData founder Ted Hopkins

this does not mean any of the aforementioned are bad people of il-repute and deformed character ... I make no value judgements
/pleonasm

yaco55

Edit: #EdVardMunchausen[sic]/p0rtM@laprop

Last edited:
Last edited:
just a shot across the bow sosos

i reckon bomber is just flummoxed by hypocrisy when everyone battened down the hatches to protect themself/selves and threw some folks under the bus

formerPresident DavidEvans as an executive/banker of jbWere/goldmanSachs/Evans&Co turned up to Williams Street court to provide testimony character evidence for Shane Charter when he was being sentenced for importing illegal meth/ice recreational drug precursors (probabaly doing a favour for Hird)
AFL House and Demetriou threw them under the bus when the story_got_away_from_them to manage in the media (*to lie)

cycling went through this in the 90s , nothing changed there , they just added layers of plausible deniability and protection.

So Mark Thompson is just rightly calling them out as a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

life is more complicated even in AFL circles than the fourth estate will write , they are a marketing and stenography tome*

you get Robbo and Michael Sheahan

Essendon ain't a bunch of pudenda , the one mistake made was to formalise it and have it in-house at the off-site facility, they needed someone with experience in cycling and appreciating risks , when Gillard v Rudd places pressure on media to look at confected faux stories like sport drug importation to take up a zero_sum media prominence and take(_crowdingout)Canberra ALP hubbub from the front pages

they removed the plausible deniability facade , but your team and my team , in reality and practical sake , = no difference

Tracy Holmes has been the best journalist on d'affaire WindyHill by a country mile , no coincidence she is separated from Melbourne cauldron of AFL and insulated trom AFLhouse pressure
I still maintain that Fat Andy knew full well what was going on at the Bombers and either he or he told someone to alert the Bombers that the testers were in town.
It's not gone unnoticed that rent a quote Fat Andy seems very reluctant to want to talk about the whole affair, but in the past he seeked out the media to give his opinion on everything and how clubs and other sports should be run.
In my opinion he has something to hide and i suspect I'm not alone with that thought

The AFL and paragons of virtue is a very good example of a Oxymoron.

Rene Girard - 'scapegoat theory'

we are not told how you make the sausage , as i have repeated , see Don Scott say ' we knew who did things in our team ' (circa69-80@Glenferrie) *he said this at a Bob ansett north Melbourne grandfinal breakfast circa2013 with Luke Ball, Simon Madden, and compare'd by Libbi Gorr(aka ElleMcFeast) ... 😱👂🦻\0/ <crickets>

now Luke Ball(StKilda captain/Collingwood/Xavier) his father a lawyer played with Scott in that era with the Hawks ... I want to know one person at a brownlow invite table who has not flouted AusADA rules in past three decades , and google the AFL statistics chief ex Carlton in 60s talk about brown tablets/pills , ChampionData founder Ted Hopkins

this does not mean any of the aforementioned are bad people of il-repute and deformed character ... I make no value judgements
/pleonasm

yaco55

Edit: #EdVardMunchausen[sic]/p0rtM@laprop

Thrown a few names around there, but what is it you think each of them did, to get a mention?

How long have AusADA rules been relevant to the AFL ?

Then you toss in where Luke Ball went to school -any relevance there but not for the other names rolled out?

Thrown a few names around there, but what is it you think each of them did, to get a mention?

How long have AusADA rules been relevant to the AFL ?

Then you toss in where Luke Ball went to school -any relevance there but not for the other names rolled out?
I was naming the two other retired players who swallowed their tongue when Libbi was hosting grandfinal breakfast and Don Scott was doing what Don Scott does and speaking off the cuff and there were <crickets> at the apogee of the EvansHirdDank era ...

This is Girard'ian scapegoat theory manifest , thank you for explicating the point

If you were reading it with a discerning lens i was absolving Dank Hird Evans Charter

Lance Uppercut

simply told , if not your team , my team

if not my team , your team ,

Dimetriou plays the gecko lizard role not the OliverStone Gordon Gecko role , he sacrificed the tail to save the torso

I still maintain that Fat Andy knew full well what was going on at the Bombers and either he or he told someone to alert the Bombers that the testers were in town.
It's not gone unnoticed that rent a quote Fat Andy seems very reluctant to want to talk about the whole affair, but in the past he seeked out the media to give his opinion on everything and how clubs and other sports should be run.
In my opinion he has something to hide and i suspect I'm not alone with that thought
see:_DonScott , ofcourse Dimetriou knew, like Ian Collins and Footscray's Justin Charles on baldirone 🤣 to think it was a few bad apples is a fool's errand and risible

Last edited:
and Spotless Ron Evans was almost AFL chair (DavidEvans father) before Graeme Samuel , father of StKildacricketer bombers' chair after his HoF player dad Ron

see:Tracy Holmes, husband is StanGrant, besides Don Scott and yours truly my fine cotton self she has been the best commentator on d'affaire Albert , Hird was DEFINITELY hung out to dry as the scapegoat du jour , Jobe Watson and Dank and Charters[sic]* together

*Shane Charter

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy for Blackcat's favourite Soccer Mom's to say Reiterer should be the national hero, not the athletes who compete dirty.

But it's actually our simple wish as fans to be entertained by the spectacle, buy into the heroic stories, and never think too long and hard about the price the athletes, officials, and thus, society itself must pay.

Why did the book sink without trace?
What was the AOC doing suing him?
Why is the inner circle so protected, so that the only ones caught are the ones that slip outside, or who get too blatant?
I could go on and on.

Organised crime's involvement in sports betting, and sourcing the ingredients coupled with our deliberate ignorance as fans, who vote for the complicit politicians makes it a quagmire.

Needs a Royal Commission, although those things are just seen as a cost of business to the people making the big $ behind the scenes.

And at the end of the day, as long as the masses are entertained, the show will just roll on afterwards anyway.

And yeah, I'm just as bad, if not worse as I now have a slightly better understanding of what I am watching.

And I take my daughter to the footy on Saturday afternoon, and what we're actually watching is not discussed.

Tell me how you feel about Richmond's 3 in 4 blackcat?

Had the blueprint how not to do it handed to them by Essendon. Did they take it far enough inside the tent so it will never emerge?
3in4 same as all other teams ,

Essendon and Hird just hung out to dry because caught in a NCS sting operation and wire tapping that led to their supplier

wrt Tigs , same as Dank and Charter , but all who get Brownlow invites

80s epoch
Essendon in Tim Watson's era and rival Hawks would have been there , as Don Scott said wrt the decade earlier Hawks teams

Pro sport like AFL is a copy cat environment. Drugs wise Vitamin pills been around since the 70s. Brisbane having half time blood transfusions in 2001.
Geelong employing Robinson and using Actovegin and win 2007, 2012. Essendon, Gold Coast and Melbourne have players involved.

The Age with 2012 articles about Hawks setting the pace with their Orthokine program. As a long suffering tigers supporter I'm thinking what the f are we doing.

Behind the game again. Then EFC gets banned and we lose to Carlton.

I reckon Demetriou hubris might have been a factor. "Darkest Day in Sport" looked like a Demetriou presser. And obliging EFC players to testify before some AFL committee. End of the day they were guilty on testimmony that rather than a positive drug tests

Being in NSW I saw the news on Cronulla, timelines overlapped with EFC, but Cronulla players offered to plea, which they were not happy about but The club wins a flag about the time EFC was still in court.
Honesty is the best policy.

Pro sport like AFL is a copy cat environment. Drugs wise Vitamin pills been around since the 70s. Brisbane having half time blood transfusions in 2001.
Geelong employing Robinson and using Actovegin and win 2007, 2012. Essendon, Gold Coast and Melbourne have players involved.

The Age with 2012 articles about Hawks setting the pace with their Orthokine program. As a long suffering tigers supporter I'm thinking what the f are we doing.

I reckon Demetriou hubris might have been a factor. "Darkest Day in Sport" looked like a Demetriou presser. And obliging EFC players to testify before some AFL committee. End of the day they were guilty on testimmony that rather than a positive drug tests

Being in NSW I saw the news on Cronulla, timelines overlapped with EFC, but Cronulla players offered to plea, which they were not happy about but The club wins a flag about the time EFC was still in court.

I see, all the clubs that won 3 x flags in the 2000s cheated, except for one club, that happens to be the club you support?

I think any remote chance the Bombers had of getting off more lightly was destroyed when they themselves destroyed all evidence of what was injected into the players. You don't destroy what was injected into players if it's legal, only if it's illegal.

see:_DonScott , ofcourse Dimetriou knew, like Ian Collins and Footscray's Justin Charles on baldirone 🤣 to think it was a few bad apples is a fool's errand and risible

Yeah Justin Charles was nothing but a flat out cheat. Injecting the steroid equipoise for horses. What an idiot, destroyed his career and rightly so.

Like Bronson Xerri from Cronulla. Injecting steroids for performance. I am shocked they are allowing that cheat to come back.
Once you inject steroids or growth hormone and you get caught, should be a life ban.
You are dumb if you are playing at the elite level of NRL or AFL injecting steroids or growth hormone in this day and age.

As for the Brisbane Lions when they were *ing machines in early 2000s. It wasn't blood transfusions at half time was it?? it was IV saline drips to rehydrate.

Until the EFC saga and long drawn out discussion of off site injections.
It was sports science. I was genuinely envious.

TBH I always liked Geelong ball movement during that period Our flags are kudos to caracella and Balme from Geelong.
I reckon we copied that Ball in motion, Knock the ball fwd from Geebung.
We ended up with a 22 in the finals that had one KPF and caddy. after trying Elton, Griffiths there during the year.

And McRae and leppitsch from the lions as assistants. Akamenis one of my favourite players.
I remember being shyte against Hawthorn for too long.

I've respected lethal as a player, coach and commentator.

We lost caracella quickly..

Unfortunately COVID soft cap meant we couldn't retain
McRae and leppitsch either.

Copy cat environment was what I was thinking of.

Who pops at the Pies but McRae and leppitsch.
McRae sounds Dimma like at times, as you'd expect

Sadly the only sports science RFC leading was epidurals.

For which we are getting sued.
Caracella and Leppitsch not Dimma and Hardwick ☝️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back