Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Was interested to know what people reckon is the best way to market the Bulldog brand in the future. While its good that we are trying to get new support in the western region I think we also need to try and get support from other areas as well. The way for this to happen is obviously to win and to get better time slots which will get us more members. I really believe if we market the brand this way when we do became successful will have a great spread hopefully of Bulldogs supporters across the city and not just in the traditional heartland solely.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Was going to make a similar thread tonight but decided to hold off due to a higher level of inebriation than I'd anticipated.

At this point I think we're doing the best we can, marketing ourselves in western region schools and the country of Victoria, and skyrocketing up the ladder is the only way to progress. That said, I think there'd be some merit in returning to the Footscray name, marketing ourselves heavily as the 'FOOTSCRAY BULLDOGS' at all levels, making sure everyone crossing the Maribyrnong knows they're in 'Bulldog Territory' and massively pushing ourselves as the club for the West.

Should we enjoy the success that the likes of Hawthorn and Geelong have in recent years, support will massively increase city-wide - kids love a winner. But with what we can control, go for the heartland.

Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Was going to make a similar thread tonight but decided to hold off due to a higher level of inebriation than I'd anticipated.

At this point I think we're doing the best we can, marketing ourselves in western region schools and the country of Victoria, and skyrocketing up the ladder is the only way to progress. That said, I think there'd be some merit in returning to the Footscray name, marketing ourselves heavily as the 'FOOTSCRAY BULLDOGS' at all levels, making sure everyone crossing the Maribyrnong knows they're in 'Bulldog Territory' and massively pushing ourselves as the club for the West.

Should we enjoy the success that the likes of Hawthorn and Geelong have in recent years, support will massively increase city-wide - kids love a winner. But with what we can control, go for the heartland.

What thread were you going to post Nath. Yeah I hear what you say. I'm thinking as well that in the future we may end up going back to being called the Footscray Football Club and market ourselves more that way hoping when we do get the success we can win new support from all over and not just the west. Footscray I hear has definitely become more gentrified as more and more professionals move in as its close to the city and still relatively more affordable compared to other inner city suburbs

Back