Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Would have thought it was fairly obvious. He elected to bump ( not tackle ) He was hit in the head and was was unconscious before he hit the ground.
Yet no penalty.
It was a clash of heads. He in no way at all wanted that to happen.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's nearly 2 years old so it's pointless really.
I think most in the media said it was the wrong call.

You don't get consistency from week to week, let alone something
From 2 years ago.

And that's what is so frustrating. Was it Crouch who cocked a leading elbow on Olivers chin over the weekend that had him down on the ground and spitting up blood ?
Worth a week surely ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tig017

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
It's not reasonable. It's 2 weeks thanks to the sookiest club in the AFL going on with heartbleed stories like usual.
What braindead muppets like you just don't get is it can only take one concussion to ruin a player's career. Marley Williams is a sh*tstain going for a bump like that in a practice match, and Richards is still apparently feeling symptoms.

No doubt when Viney or Petracca cop a bad bump one day you'll fire out the double standard.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
What braindead muppets like you just don't get is it can only take one concussion to ruin a player's career. Marley Williams is a sh*tstain going for a bump like that in a practice match, and Richards is still apparently feeling symptoms.

No doubt when Viney or Petracca cop a bad bump one day you'll fire out the double standard.
Nice assumption *******. No I won't, I'm consistent on not wanting accidents punished just because of the colours of the jumper.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This resulted in no penalty.........

I think it was a poorly executed bump. I think the contact was hesitant and half-hearted which inadvertantly made it more dangerous. Burton stops to lessen the contact, so it's Higgins who collides with him, and nobody is any longer in control of where the contact will be made. I think Burton should've got a week, all AFL players should be better trained in that situation.

Having said that, it's hard to see the difference between it and Will Gould's bump yesterday. Gould follows through, makes contact to body and head, only difference is De Boer saw him coming unlike Higgins, so he dealt better with the contact. Muddy waters.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Screenshot_20200303-083147_Herald Sun.jpg

North11

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So every single player that bumps and gets a player concussed will get 2 weeks now yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back