Toast Marlion Pickett GF performance

Remove this Banner Ad

The comparison with Rioli is pointless. Personally. I find the whole Rioli thing tragic, and while faking a urine test is a "bad thing", he only did it to hide smoking a bit of weed which is not performance enhancing and should not be illegal in the first place (isn't anyway in SA and the ACT). So I would be totally in favour of lenience towards Rioli. I'm willing to forgive him his bad choices (like not playing for Richmond as a Rioli should).

Weed in small doses is performance enhancing as far as calming anxiety and nerves before a game.

So you agree that Rioli should be shown leniency?
My stance is yes. I have no problem with Willie. It was just really dumb of him to try and tamper with his sample, especially if he was trying to cover up for weed. I don't even think weed should be on the banned list. I hope he is playing asap. A lot of people have the "no sympathy" attitude. Thats their right, I'm not one of those people.

the more time that passes post the GF the more I realise how overrated his game was. There were at least 7 or 8 tigers more
Influential than him. Definitely a solid debut but it’s not hard to look ok in a team that wins by 80+

shouldnt have gotten any norm smith votes IMO

prestia, martin, riewoldt, vlastuin, Houli, Edwards, Caddy were all much better
source.gif

It shows how inept recruiters are by not recruiting Pickett and Stack.Everyone in WA was saying he was as good as Tim Kelly and he is.
Glad you brought this up.

Both Tim Kelly and Marlion pickett are south Freo boys.

Tim Kelly was overlooked in 3-4 drafts before he was picked up. Kelly was picked up in the 2017 draft after averaging 26 disposals a game in the WAFL and he kicked 26 goals that year. last 2-4 years, he was averaging around 20 disposals a game.

Marlion pickett played 97 games for south Freo between 2013-2019. 1st 2 years, he was only averaging 12 disposals a game. From 2015-19, he was averaging 17-20 disposals a game. He should of been picked up 3-4 years ago.

Saying that, He had a good game in the Grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back