Toast Marlion Pickett GF performance

Remove this Banner Ad

So giving Willie say 12 months and him successfully returning to football would be a sign of the system working? I agree.

I'd be happy with a massive fine. Let him play, but all match payments donated to drug rehab/awareness programs for 12 months, 4 years, whatever.

The comparison with Rioli is pointless. Personally. I find the whole Rioli thing tragic, and while faking a urine test is a "bad thing", he only did it to hide smoking a bit of weed which is not performance enhancing and should not be illegal in the first place (isn't anyway in SA and the ACT). So I would be totally in favour of lenience towards Rioli. I'm willing to forgive him his bad choices (like not playing for Richmond as a Rioli should).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comparison with Rioli is pointless. Personally. I find the whole Rioli thing tragic, and while faking a urine test is a "bad thing", he only did it to hide smoking a bit of weed which is not performance enhancing and should not be illegal in the first place (isn't anyway in SA and the ACT). So I would be totally in favour of lenience towards Rioli. I'm willing to forgive him his bad choices (like not playing for Richmond as a Rioli should).
I mostly agree, except for the last portion.

the more time that passes post the GF the more I realise how overrated his game was. There were at least 7 or 8 tigers more
Influential than him. Definitely a solid debut but it’s not hard to look ok in a team that wins by 80+

shouldnt have gotten any norm smith votes IMO

prestia, martin, riewoldt, vlastuin, Houli, Edwards, Caddy were all much better

the more time that passes post the GF the more I realise how overrated his game was. There were at least 7 or 8 tigers more
Influential than him. Definitely a solid debut but it’s not hard to look ok in a team that wins by 80+

The game was over halfway through the second quarter
Everyone looked after after that.

Come on he played well for a debut.

Michael Barlow turned out to be a fantastic AFL footballer. If not for a badly broken leg would have been recognised as such by everyone. Happy if Pickett can emulate Barlow's career sans the broken leg bit.
Barlow is a ripping bloke and player in his prime.

Congratulations on him for rejecting a life of failure for sure, but does it need this high of a pedestal?

Im more inclined to celebrate those who never failed to begin with

Hope you don’t have kids , you’re in fir a shock !! Stop bring so jealous and insecure .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back