Toast Marlion Pickett GF performance

Ill get a lot of dislikes but their is a damn good reason he played his first game at 27 and its entirely his own doing. I feel the celebration of his achievement is a tad stupid and a bit condescending

Rioli smokes a bong - Ban him for life
Pickett robs a house and assaults 12 year old during robbery - Do 18 months then come back and be a hero

Seems a bit well wrong doesnt it?

Show me on the doll where he hurt you?

In all seriousness he did his time and has turned his life around for the better

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ill get a lot of dislikes but their is a damn good reason he played his first game at 27 and its entirely his own doing. I feel the celebration of his achievement is a tad stupid and a bit condescending

Pickett robs a house and assaults 12 year old during robbery - Do 18 months then come back and be a hero

I didn’t know anything about his past until reading your post. Though we’re just talking the merits as a player, and not discussing about the person per se.

JTRx

Debutant
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
He was OK, but he was certainly not BOG, nor was most of what he did "electric" or "scintiliating" or cream in your pants worthy like Bruce & co. were doing every time he did anything at all.

Picket collects the ball up off the ground and handballs to someone....

OMG!! PICKETT!! THERE HE GOES AGAIN!! THAT WAS UNBELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEABLE!!

Give me a spell

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

In all seriousness he did his time and has turned his life around for the better

As opposed to Rioli who should be banned from the game for life according to most

Seems a tad hypocritical isnt it?

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers

Rioli smokes a bong, tampers with a sample and continues the Eagles drug culture... - Ban him for a bit, on conditional behaviour, max 4 years.

Fixed it for ya'

As opposed to Rioli who should be banned from the game for life according to most

Seems a tad hypocritical isnt it?

He will cop a ban for a period of time like everyone else who has tested positive and come back

No one actually thinks he should be banned for life

And even if he did what does that have to do with someone being convicted of a crime over 10 years ago

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Im a bit like Benji Marshall. Forgive and forget only goes so far. Theirs certain things that cannot be forgiven or forgotten. Marlion should be in that category unfortunately. It sucks for him but that is life. As much as "you did your time" is a thing, its not always applied.

He made it out due to timing. If he was drafted at 17 and did his crime, he wouldnt have gotten another chance. Because he did it out of the spotlight and not on a AFL list he gets another go.

Very much like Matthew Lodge in the NRL. You cant adjust your moral compass because of proximity to the incident. Its either wrong and lifetime ban or it isnt. Pick a side and stick to it guys

Royce Hafey

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2013
Point Cook
AFL Club
Richmond
He will cop a ban for a period of time like everyone else who has tested positive and come back

And even if he did what does that have to do with someone being convicted of a crime over 10 years ago
When he was a teenager. Now he's a 27 year-old father of four who is such a solid citizen that his WA club chose him to mentor young indigenous recruits.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Because I think the idea of "you get a second chance" seems a bit directionless at times. If Marlon gets a second chance then fine, but you gotta extend the good will beyond 1 bloke is what im saying

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers

I wouldn't worry mate.. glass houses and all that.

This weeks episode:

Eagles boys discusses how it all went wrong with special guests Ben Sharpe, Liam Ryan, Tony Orlango and Ben Cousins.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
When he was a teenager. Now he's a 27 year-old father of four who is such a solid citizen that his WA club chose him to mentor young indigenous recruits.

Congratulations on him for rejecting a life of failure for sure, but does it need this high of a pedestal?

Im more inclined to celebrate those who never failed to begin with

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I wouldn't worry mate.. glass houses and all that.

This weeks episode:

Eagles boys discusses how it all went wrong with special guests Ben Sharpe, Liam Ryan, Tony Orlango and Ben Cousins.

Ill openly state that Liam Ryan is lucky too mind you. I dont think he deserved the free ride he has gotten. Not just a Eagles thing my friend

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Rioli isn't in trouble for smoking a bong. He is in trouble for cheating a drug test.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Is that how they do it in the big house?

Richmond changing their mascot from a tiger to a bird. A jail bird.
If i were a tiges fan id be letting loose some deep belly laughs at your salt

I was really pulling for a fairy tale normy - bust dusty in the last q completely removed that option

Great pickup

Back