Toast Marlion Pickett GF performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce would have volunteered for a spell in jail the way he creamed himself today, Bruce turned cyrilesque with excitement.

Thank god he's retiring

Rioli supporting cheats

I actually have zero issue with this

1) Willie Rioli is guilty of stupidity, will pay a massive price for it, but that's it. He's not a kiddie fiddler, wife basher, or thug. We forgive Carey and Ablett for much worse than hitting a bong and being an idiot.

2) family is family. I've had family members who have legally ****ed up, but that doesn't mean they stop being family. You support the person, not what they did

As opposed to Rioli who should be banned from the game for life according to most

Seems a tad hypocritical isnt it?

Who's saying Rioli gets life? Most I've seen doubt he will get four years, and expect 18-24 months. That's in line with similar incidents we have had in the afl

Also marlion wasn't forgiven immediately after his sentence. He has spent years in the state leagues precisely because of his crimes (and the doubts clubs have had on his character). It has taken years for the AFL system to forgive him, and has taken 10 years of his career away. Added to the 30 months , he has paid his price (and more than many get for that tbh)

Rioli smokes a bong, tampers with a sample and continues the Eagles drug culture... - Ban him for a bit, on conditional behaviour, max 4 years.

Fixed it for ya'

That's the frustrating thing with his case, apparently the bong penalty will be less severe than the Gatorade one.

Heard some players talk about testing, and the issue of 2-4hrs isn't unusual. It pissed them off, but you just keep trying because the tester NEVER decides it's too hard

Congratulations on him for rejecting a life of failure for sure, but does it need this high of a pedestal?

Im more inclined to celebrate those who never failed to begin with

You have never made a mistake in life? I have to admit I've made a few doozys, and I'd be ****ed if everyone had your attitude.

I'd never have gone to uni, gotten a decent job, gotten married, and become a positive contributor to society. I'd still be in Franga, and probably would have ****ed up a lot more, because nothing to lose and all that

Morgan3

Debutant
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
He’s started on a massive high, would be hard to get motivated now. Unless he wants a second medal. How is Richmond going to go next year, is the hunger still going to be there.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It shows how inept recruiters are by not recruiting Pickett and Stack.Everyone in WA was saying he was as good as Tim Kelly and he is.
Even Tim Kelly said it.
“It is unbelievable and to be honest he is one of those guys that I know for a fact it wouldn’t faze him debuting in a Grand Final,” Kelly told foxsports.com.au at the Brownlow Medal on Monday night.

“He is a big time player; he is built for the big games; I know for a fact it wouldn’t faze him and I know for a fact that he will perform in it.

“He is an unbelievable athlete; he is an unbelievable footballer; his talent that what he has and what he brings to a football team is second to none, I know that for a fact.

“The Richmond Football Club are very lucky to have him.”

strav

Club Legend
May 16, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
WINE, WOMEN & SONG
Because I think the idea of "you get a second chance" seems a bit directionless at times. If Marlon gets a second chance then fine, but you gotta extend the good will beyond 1 bloke is what im saying
I give you Andrew Krakour. Played for Richmond, committed a crime, did his time and then was picked up by Collingwood. How did he turn out in the end?

You need some perspective because if ex prisoners are not allowed to integrate back into society then every ex prisoner must turn to crime just to survive.

On SM-T385 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dystraction

Debutant
Aug 17, 2009
Nineteeneighty
AFL Club
Richmond
Im a bit like Benji Marshall. Forgive and forget only goes so far. Theirs certain things that cannot be forgiven or forgotten. Marlion should be in that category unfortunately. It sucks for him but that is life. As much as "you did your time" is a thing, its not always applied.

He made it out due to timing. If he was drafted at 17 and did his crime, he wouldnt have gotten another chance. Because he did it out of the spotlight and not on a AFL list he gets another go.

Very much like Matthew Lodge in the NRL. You cant adjust your moral compass because of proximity to the incident. Its either wrong and lifetime ban or it isnt. Pick a side and stick to it guys
You're a sad little man aren't you. Self appointed judge, jury and executioner. Amazingly you also set the rules as to when a person is allowed back into society. Fortunately you are such an obvious knob that no one really needs to take any heed of what you think. Go Marlion Pickett, you are many times more an honourable man than this WillieVanillie. You have lived through such a traumatic upbringing yet fought your way back to where you now are and forever will be a Premiership Player with the mighty Richmond Tigers. The dead sh.t white privileged self servers will always exist but never actually know what it's like to have true persistence and class.

The culture absolutely helps with picking up blokes like Stack and Pickett that some may think are a risk. Our club is a great example of both sides of that, when we were shithouse any bloke with any sort of baggage tended to fail, now with a good culture and knowing that if you do * up you'll throw it away and good people within the club it certainly helps.

wobblypunt

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2006
Brissy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Ipswich Town,Ajax, FCTwente, L-pool
People judging him like he committed the crimes recently. Just learnt he did those things in his late teens, yet people want to hang him high forever. He turned his life around and produced the most memorable debut in AFL history. Pretty sure he's on the right track.

People judging him like he committed the crimes recently. Just learnt he did those things in his late teens, yet people want to hang him high forever. He turned his life around and produced the most memorable debut in AFL history. Pretty sure he's on the right track.
Spot on.

We don't have intimate knowledge of his surrounds growing up, and sounds like his brother was a bit of skallywag, so good chance he didnt have great role models.

He's turned out to be a responsible adult and seemingly a good father. Everyone deserves a second chance. I'm just happy he is making the most of it, even if it wasnt at Richmond.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, text and outdoor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back