Toast Marlion Pickett GF performance

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Ill get a lot of dislikes but their is a damn good reason he played his first game at 27 and its entirely his own doing. I feel the celebration of his achievement is a tad stupid and a bit condescending

Rioli smokes a bong - Ban him for life
Pickett robs a house and assaults 12 year old during robbery - Do 18 months then come back and be a hero

Seems a bit well wrong doesnt it?
dumb juxtaposition to make, but that's what ignorant people do

petition wada to change the worldwide sanctions and see how you go

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, text and outdoor
Could be some handy father/sons there as well, if we can get 100 games under his belt, oh and father/daughter now they've finally let us join the AFLW.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I actually have zero issue with this

1) Willie Rioli is guilty of stupidity, will pay a massive price for it, but that's it. He's not a kiddie fiddler, wife basher, or thug. We forgive Carey and Ablett for much worse than hitting a bong and being an idiot.

2) family is family. I've had family members who have legally f’ed up, but that doesn't mean they stop being family. You support the person, not what they did
Thanks you nailed it, Willie is an idiot, made a mistake now he has to pay the price, if he was caught with weed would have copped a 3 month ban, now he faces a lengthy ban for tampering with a drug test. He is good human being who has made an error in judgement.

Black white

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
2 flags in last 3 years vs 2 flags in last 60 years champ
your bandwagon is full of white ants by now
Is that you waleed Aly?
Steve price?
Andrew bolt?
Richard Di Natalie?
Who is it??
Your not the clown who burns opposition players pics are you?

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Can see him being a regular best 22 now and not on the back of just one game but a body of work from back at South Fremantle as well.

Was calm and composed, played his role magnificently and you can tell is a popular figure around Richmond already.

Great access post game as well. Very humble fella who is just grateful for the opportunity.

Credit to Shaun Grigg as well. Wouldn't have been possible without him.

Just a wonderful story. Doesn't matter that he plays for the tigers (if that makes sense). I hope he makes the most of this opportunity moving forward.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t think some of you dimwits truly realise what a phenomenal performance this was.
It’s just unheard of in the modern era to see a player run out on debut onto the ground and with so little experience. He just looked right at home in the cauldron of death that is a flat out paced league grand final...unheard of.

Well not in the last 60 years anyway.

His poise and calmness was like watching a 27 year old veteran.

His selection and the red hot form he showed in the game was nothing short of incredible. Incredibly rare occurrence.

Last edited:
Back