Roast Marlion Pickett go fund me and neal balme comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Education is definitely necessary. Laws would be ideal, but in reality had to administer as you’re projecting over a long period of time.

I use the term ‘poor kids’ compassionately. They shouldn’t have to suffer because of the average choices of their parents.

Anyone wanting to have kids should have some education and shown the basic cost of having a child.

These type of people don’t think that. They just have their wife pop kids out for government payment.

I dont really understand why its limited to Marlion Pickett. Will Schofield is staying back in Perth to run his business and wont be joining the 4 week hub so I think its time to show some care with a GoFundMe of his own

Please give all you can for this cause

These type of people don’t think that. They just have their wife pop kids out for government payment.
What type of people do you mean?

When we had our first child, we were as poor as church mice.
We did not pop out our son to get a government payment.

The only thing children need is your time and love.

My son didn’t get a lot of material things and the op shop was my go to place.
But, he did just fine, as did his sibling when they came along.

It is insulting that you think like this.

1. Should a go fund me page for an AFL player be included in salary cap if paid by that players clubs members? Can of worms if it isn't. For example at Adelaide what is stopping a "crows member" setting up one for Brad Crouch to keep him from higher offers elsewhere? Open to too much corruption and AFL needs to step in, there's a salary cap for a reason.

Richmond football boss Neil Balme confirmed in an extensive SEN Breakfast interview on Friday morning that the club was attempting to lock in some “genuine opportunities” to assist Pickett in the midst of an “uncomfortable” short-term period.

Isn't this why Adelaide got done for salary cap cheating with Kurt Tippett? Helping a player get paid outside the salary cap. It's cheating.

Vic Bias at work again. Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics defend this one.
I don't think it's a salary cap breach if someone else pays his intended wage unless Richmond duplicate that payment. It's been reported he was set to receive 85k + match payments. He is currently getting no match payments and the 85k has reportedly been cut to 35k. So the 50k to be raised by the go fund me would potentially just have him paid his amount reported under the salary cap.
Sure if it was in excess of his salary cap amount then this would be against the rules.

I don't think it's a salary cap breach if someone else pays his intended wage unless Richmond duplicate that payment. It's been reported he was set to receive 85k + match payments. He is currently getting no match payments and the 85k has reportedly been cut to 35k. So the 50k to be raised by the go fund me would potentially just have him paid his amount reported under the salary cap.
Sure if it was in excess of his salary cap amount then this would be against the rules.
Alright I’ll just go startup a go fund me page for Brad Crouch to stay a crow then if there’s no objections.

I know there are lots of nuffies out there but who would contribute to this go fund me? Idiots.

Why don't his teammates/clubmates swing him a couple of hundred a week if it's in such dire trouble.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Has he tried to get a job while being stood down from footy? Has he done anything? I'm sure he isn't the only person with 4 kids who is getting paid $40,000 or less.....

Or just sits on his ass with hand out for money?

Amount of complaint from AFL campaigners is astonishing.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

What a moronic statement. It's a bit different when you've budgeted on being on twice that.

Those whinging are probably freeloaders themselves as seems to be often the case as I can't imagine too many people wouldn't struggle with kids if their income was halved.

Sure he is one of many but that doesn't mean just because he is famous he should suffer.

It just exposes the shitty deal. Should have been better scaling so the lower income earners didn't take a hit.

Agree shouldn't be allowed. If anything Richmond should restructure his contract and pay him more now less later in year if he urgently needs money.

Richmond can't or they no doubt would. Can't give him cash, lend him cash or renegotiate contract. If they did everyone here would be complaining no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he not be on jobkeeper?

Obviously a gofundme shouldn't be allowed under cap rules. Far too easy to bend the rules and have rich supporters of clubs pay players. So stupid

More of an indictment on the PA allowing cuts to players that send them below minimum wage.

60% cuts to players on 200+
50% TO 100-200
25% on < 100

Or similar would surely have sufficed...

Richmond can't or they no doubt would. Can't give him cash, lend him cash or renegotiate contract. If they did everyone here would be complaining no doubt.
Why not? What's the difference between paying him now compared to in November for example?

Why not? What's the difference between paying him now compared to in November for example?

No different to any workplace. He will have an arranged salary or wage amount. He has not worked in excess of a normal work period so anything on top would have to be considered a loan or some other payment which would be a payment breach. You can't have people just paying over or under their employees reported wages.

Because it would be a change of his current contract and the payments outlined in it

contracts can’t be changed atm due to afl rules

Why would he not be on jobkeeper?

Obviously a gofundme shouldn't be allowed under cap rules. Far too easy to bend the rules and have rich supporters of clubs pay players. So stupid

More of an indictment on the PA allowing cuts to players that send them below minimum wage.

60% cuts to players on 200+
50% TO 100-200
25% on < 100

Or similar would surely have sufficed...
Job keeper isn’t a top up of your wage

If you are on it but still working you don’t get 750 extra every week it merely pays that portion of your wage so it does not come out of a struggling company’s budget

Job keeper isn’t a top up of your wage

If you are on it but still working you don’t get 750 extra every week it merely pays that portion of your wage so it does not come out of a struggling company’s budget
He hasn't been working, his workplace has suffered a 30% loss. Surely qualifies?

A-League players are on it, same situation?

A lot of kids wouldnt be here if they thought like you.

You deal the cards you are dealt, you adapt, you love your kids.
You don’t ever make ita prerequisite to only have kids when you have mythical amount in mind to do so.

I'm just interested into how you think having more children than you can afford is just a "card you are dealt", rather than something that is easily preventable? Birth control exists for a reason you know.

Wouldn't be a salary cap issue if all the players gave him some of their money, even $1k per player would help him out I'm sure... Everyone talks about how much the players love him and if so why would they not think like this??? Apart from rookies most of our players would be still getting 250k for the year as a minimum I'm sure 1k would not hurt them....

He hasn't been working, his workplace has suffered a 30% loss. Surely qualifies?

A-League players are on it, same situation?
I think you missed the point
He is still getting a wage from Richmond just a reduced one the job keeper payments from the government to the business would help pay a portion of his wage he does not get it on top of what he was already getting

job keeper was implemented to help business stop going bankrupt when not making a profit by paying the employees wage instead of the business paying it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back