Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:

He is as soft as butter. Gets 14 possessions a game and doesnt kick goals.

Nothing surer than him getting delisted at seasons end, regardless of his off field stuff.
Good, then he can come and play for us

Absolute gun, you obviously know zero about the game

Well there was the BOG performance in his first game that happened to be a grand final, do I need to go on?

Yes, because that statement is factually incorrect.

This year alone he has had four games of 10 or less touches. He has kicked 4 goals in total.

In his 70 game career he has 25 touches in 1 game only.

He has shirked the contest at least 3 times in each of those 70 games.

I cannot understand how he has managed to continue to get picked each week.

He is also 32 years old by the start of next season.

for troubled kids with nothing else to do, no mentors to guide them, easy opportunity to take a car for a joyride yeah that is the case, not for the 30+ year old bloke who should know better.

We were never poor but certainly not blessed with a lot of the privileges many people have growing up. Always had second hand items including my parents car.
One day it was stolen and the bastards virtually drove it until the gear box was stuffed.
Police eventually found the people who did it and they were wealthy kids who went to private schools and were stealing cars around the area for sometime.

My father wanted to press charges and take it to court but the cops said you are wasting your time as the kids parents will pay for the best lawyers available and it will be victims who end up paying.

One of the senior police officers said, you are better off taking the law into your own hands and teaching them a lesson. Even insinuated to my father he has their addresses.

Long story short, Pickett will hire the best lawyer in town and get exonerated.
Unfortunately, one day he will come across somebody in the community who is down on their luck with nothing to lose in life.
It always eventuates like that.

This year alone he has had four games of 10 or less touches. He has kicked 4 goals in total.

Richmond play a pressure game, it won them 3 flags and he played a big part in two of those with his BOG in one and elite pressure in the other

You need to watch the top sides more often, it's not just a game of numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond play a pressure game, it won them 3 flags and he played a big part in two of those with his BOG in one and elite pressure in the other

You need to watch the top sides more often, it's not just a game of numbers
bang on the money, cyril rioli was another excellent example of a player with elite pressure. he could have 7 touches and have a vest on ground performance because he oozed pressure whenever he was near the contest

Long story short, Pickett will hire the best lawyer in town and get exonerated.
High-profile case means a high-profile prosecutor. He won't get an easy run.

Ideally he wouldn't play until his next court appearance and more of the evidence is laid out. That gives the club the opportunity to see whether they are making a bad bet backing him. But given it's not until August, that makes it difficult. The bye probably came at the right time for Richmond as it feels like he will be sitting out three weeks instead of one game.

Yep cos footy is all about racking up possessions and supercoach points.

U probably think Aaron Hall is a gun.

No wonder North are so terrible.

High-profile case means a high-profile prosecutor. He won't get an easy run.

Ideally he wouldn't play until his next court appearance and more of the evidence is laid out. That gives the club the opportunity to see whether they are making a bad bet backing him. But given it's not until August, that makes it difficult. The bye probably came at the right time for Richmond as it feels like he will be sitting out three weeks instead of one game.
My feeling on all this is that he wasn't involved in the physical robberies, he was asked by mates and in laws 1) whether he could here a car for them and 2) can they put some large fund into his account to hold for them. Will come down to whether he knew whether they were going to use the vehicle for break ins and what they told him where the fund came from

The Court of Bigfooty
guilty on all counts GIF by Oxygen

Which court is he being tried in? Or do we not know this yet?

Where the alleged crimes took place, already had a hearing in the Perth Magistrate's court, case will be heard in the District Court of WA where it falls outside the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court

Remove this Banner Ad

Back