Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
He's got a bit going on outside of footy atm so you can't blame him for struggling last night especially when the entire team stunk.

Ralphsmith is a half back so not relevant. Marlion was the match winner for us a couple of weeks ago V GWS remember.
if he's got stuff going on outside the game it begs to ask why he was picked in the first place. there's something to be said about sticking by a player but if his performance on the ground is a liability (like it was last night) then he shouldn't be picked unless he can perform.

if he's got stuff going on outside the game it begs to ask why he was picked in the first place. there's something to be said about sticking by a player but if his performance on the ground is a liability (like it was last night) then he shouldn't be picked unless he can perform.
Yeah but how would you know until you try it? As the coach said he wasn't alone. The whole team was dogshit.

Will be fascinating whether the evidence is real or if old mate is just unlucky.

It’s funny how after a flag, hubris will eventually get to even the best operators like Benny Gale and co.

Hopefully the case will shed light on the bigger question on everyone’s lips: why is there that extra ‘I’ in his name if it’s pronounced ‘Marlon’ ?
Because there’s no I in team

To be fair it’s not like the Tiger match committee thinks that highly of him.

In his three full seasons he’s finished 8th last year, 13th in 2021 and 18th in 2020 (was even omitted for a few games) in the B&F.

He’s also unsigned for next year which by June is usually not a great sign of being indispensable.

Update.

According to an article I read after I made this post it claimed he would automatically qualify for a one year extension if he played two more games. Since then he has played against Brisbane and has not been dropped for tonight thus making him no longer uncontracted; if that reporting was accurate.

After this scandal broke I looked up his output in his five most recent games and IIRC statistically he was Richmond’s 18th, 18th, 14th, 17th and 23rd best player in those encounters. Against Brisbane he was the 19th best Tiger.

Is anyone reading this a football stats savant? If so can you recall a player performing this poorly for this long and holding his spot in the senior side? Aside from teenagers.

Does the RFC have an epic injury list right now so hence they have no choice but to continue to select Marlion for the AFL side? Or are the players who could take his place just not performing well enough in the VFL right now to displace him?

Just popping in to defend Pickett's footballing ability, I distinctly remember him winning at least three crucial contests on the wing in the 2020 GF and on two of those occasions I reckon he was outnumbered. He may not be the same player now but to somehow suggest he was Richmond's 22nd best player in those flags is naive and disrespectful.

Update.

According to an article I read after I made this post it claimed he would automatically qualify for a one year extension if he played two more games. Since then he has played against Brisbane and has not been dropped for tonight thus making him no longer uncontracted; if that reporting was accurate.

After this scandal broke I looked up his output in his five most recent games and IIRC statistically he was Richmond’s 18th, 18th, 14th, 17th and 23rd best player in those encounters. Against Brisbane he was the 19th best Tiger.

Is anyone reading this a football stats savant? If so can you recall a player performing this poorly for this long and holding his spot in the senior side? Aside from teenagers.

Does the RFC have an epic injury list right now so hence they have no choice but to continue to select Marlion for the AFL side? Or are the players who could take his place just not performing well enough in the VFL right now to displace him?
He has moved off his best position on a wing for those games 1. To accommodate Jack Ross and 2. To provide a marking an aerial contest and pressure up forward. Won the game for us V GWS there.

Now that Ross has been dropped and Bauer and Maurice Rioli are in Pickett has been named back on a wing so we'll see how he goes tonight.

He may not be the same player now but to somehow suggest he was Richmond's 22nd best player in those flags is naive and disrespectful.
I’m confused.

Who made that claim? Please quote the relevant post/s.

I think everyone knows how utterly amazing it is that Marlion received Norm Smith votes in his first AFL game.

However his recent form is very unimpressive with him being Richmond’s 20th best player last night and averaging being their 18th best performer in his six previous games.

FWIW he was 18th in their 2020 premiership season B&F.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just popping in to defend Pickett's footballing ability, I distinctly remember him winning at least three crucial contests on the wing in the 2020 GF and on two of those occasions I reckon he was outnumbered. He may not be the same player now but to somehow suggest he was Richmond's 22nd best player in those flags is naive and disrespectful.

On the flip side they won 3 flags as a unit of what, 25-28 players? Their 22nd best player is gonna be pretty good still. Castagna is the “best role player” Hardwick has seen. 22nd best isn’t necessarily s**t.

I’m confused.

Who made that claim? Please quote the relevant post/s.

I think everyone knows how utterly amazing it is that Marlion received Norm Smith votes in his first AFL game.

However his recent form is very unimpressive with him being Richmond’s 20th best player last night and averaging being their 18th best performer in his six previous games.

FWIW he was 18th in their 2020 premiership season B&F.

Clearly ahead of him in that 2020 season GF side as players:
The entire back 7 (Astbury, Grimes, Balta, Vlastuin, Broad, Baker, Houli)
Nankervis
The key forwards (Lynch, Riewoldt)
The mids (Prestia, Cotchin, Martin, Lambert, Edwards, Short, Bolton)
Personally would also have McIntosh who is very underrated as a role player too

The rest of the role players (at that stage) - Rioli as a FP, Graham, Castagna are Pickett tier and Castagna is highly rated at Richmond. It’s not a bad thing to be called 20-22nd rated in that side. I guess at that stage Kane Lambert had fallen down enough too but over a career was a better player.

Co accused has pleaded guilty. Not good signs for old Marlion.
Pig of a man too by the sounds of it

The 30-year-old also pleaded guilty to a long list of separate child sex abuse charges, including indecently recording a child under 13 years and the sexual penetration of a child of the same age in Bunbury and Carey Park between March and April this year. Pickett has no connection to these charges.

Hardwicks made a little of bad decisions

Cheats on the wife and leaves her for a downgrade.
Retires from coaching
Un-retires and signs up to the impossible task of making the Suns a finals force.
Recruits a former criminal that might still be up to his old tricks!

That said, he took the Tigers to three premierships. Let’s not conveniently overlook that matter.

Hardwicks made a little of bad decisions

Cheats on the wife and leaves her for a downgrade.
Retires from coaching
Un-retires and signs up to the impossible task of making the Suns a finals force.
Recruits a former criminal that might still be up to his old tricks!
1. Looks like an upgrade to me
2. He never retired, he quit RFC
3. Not impossible given the leg up they've recieved
4. He doesn't do recruiting, and the pick itself has been a masterstroke. 2 x premiership player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back