(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ted38

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Jihadi Jets
Hansen raised a good point about the demographics of those with rating boxes.

Shows like Before the Game and TFS don't really discuss footy but are more light entertainment and thus draw a more widespread audience.

Marngrook would be more limited in audience but I also think would largely have an audience that are less likely to be involved in the ratings process.

I didn't watch it often but it was OK and more interesting then TFS.

You dont get to be involved in the ratings process when you're inside!:) Agree with your comment re it being more interesting than TFS.

djspank

1980 🏆 2017 🏆 2019🏆
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea F.C
Disappointing I liked it and found it more entertaining than TFS and BTG.
Spicks and Specks reruns now probably, Christ.

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
Shame because its a quality show and initiative; but I don't honestly tune in much more than once or twice a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herne Hill Hammer

Premium Platinum
Jun 22, 2008
Cowes
AFL Club
Geelong
Was a terrible show, lol at people using TFS as a comparison, TFS has been bog for near on a decade. Are all those people saying that one was shittier than the other?

In the end I don't particularly care one way or the other that it was axed. They people that enjoyed it will miss it. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
I suppose they did actually discuss footy a bit. If they had focussed on betting info and fart jokes they would still be going.

SBD Gonzalez

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Maybe not the greatest show on telly but gee, compared to that steaming pile of scheisse known as The Footy Show it was pure Shakespeare.

||-GOB-||

Team Captain
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The bias against Australian Football is getting stronger.
Oh please... The NRL equivalent of this (the Barefoot RL show) was changed to a generic All-Sports show recently, despite lots of complaints.

Besides it was a bit of an issue having a show named after what is known to be a modern myth.

Rob

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
It was a really amateurish show. I liked the interviews with past players, Gilbert was funny in a Doug Hawkins esque manner. The other panel members were fairly boring, although the panel members on the Footy Show these days are hopeless as well.
This is spot on. It had a novelty effect because the production value was so minimal and didn't try to be anything more than what it was. But overall, it was just a bunch of blokes talking, half of which really didn't know much about the game. AFL360 is the same, but Robbo and Gerard know 4 times as much about footy than everyone on the Marngrook panel combined and it didn't look like it was produced by some TAFE students on work experience.

J_Moore

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Marngrook would be more limited in audience but I also think would largely have an audience that are less likely to be involved in the ratings process.
They account for those things when distributing the boxes. They're meant to reflect the demographic of the country, otherwise they'd be useless.

Top Bottom