Marnus Labuschagne

Remove this Banner Ad

I would edit out M. Theresa. Her claims as a humanitarian have been debunked.

She was however an adept spinner.
If you're kicking her out then you need to kick Ghandi out too...they pull down statues of him in Africa for his anti black racist views.

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

it won't be sub 50 this time next year.

he'd have to average 30ish over that period.
Needs to average 35 over the Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India 9 Tests to keep his average spot on 50 so my call of being sub 50 by next summer isn't that outlandish after all, remembering last Indian tour the whole top 6 apart from Smith (71) averaged less then 29 ;)

I think he'll average more then 35 over those 3 tours but it'll be tough considering only 1 player (Steve Smith) has consistently batted well in all 3 countries over the past few tours. Rest of our Top 6 have averaged in the 20's or in some cases even the teens.

If he wasn't dropped 14 times out of a possible 29 chances he'd already be sub 50.

Needs to average 35 over the Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India 9 Tests to keep his average spot on 50 so my call of being sub 50 by next summer isn't that outlandish after all, remembering last Indian tour the whole top 6 apart from Smith (71) averaged less then 29 ;)

I think he'll average more then 35 over those 3 tours but it'll be tough considering only 1 player (Steve Smith) has consistently batted well in all 3 countries over the past few tours. Rest of our Top 6 have averaged in the 20's or in some cases even the teens.

If he wasn't dropped 14 times out of a possible 29 chances he'd already be sub 50.

He will undoubtedly have another (few) purple patches in Australia and placed like South Africa though

His next tour of England will be interesting considering how well he did there on reinclusion.

I think he probably averages around 50 long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Marnus knows what pitches to expect in Pakistan

Can't fault his dedication. Hopefully he keeps talking to Smithy too about how to play spin as Smith played spinning pitches with an amazing game plan that saw him score 2 centuries on raging turners in India in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back