Marnus Labuschagne

Around the Wicket

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Made another duck. Should've left it. Very loose shot for his second ball faced.

It was actually there to drive, 9/10 that would have went to the fence for 4.

Regarding his form, he'll be back, averaging just over 40 in 4 knocks this tour is a let down considering we have had 3 roads but for a player that averaged around 38 over 7 shield seasons before making the Test team averaging 55 after 26 Tests are huge overs for him, I dare say he'll average around 45 when its all said and done. The only bad thing for him, he hasn't cashed in here and now his got Sri Lanka and India which historically are low scoring games and past couple tours in Sri Lanka and India every Australia batsmen have averaged sub 30 bar Smith and Wade so he has a big challenge in front of him.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It was actually there to drive, 9/10 that would have went to the fence for 4.

Regarding his form, he'll be back, averaging just over 40 in 4 knocks this tour is a let down considering we have had 3 roads but for a player that averaged around 38 over 7 shield seasons before making the Test team averaging 55 after 26 Tests are huge overs for him, I dare say he'll average around 45 when its all said and done. The only bad thing for him, he hasn't cashed in here and now his got Sri Lanka and India which historically are low scoring games and past couple tours in Sri Lanka and India every Australia batsmen have averaged sub 30 bar Smith and Wade so he has a big challenge in front of him.

Like many I am not convinced by the average, but considering we have issues in the batting order at number 1, number 2, number 4 is on the decline, number 5 and number 6 has not proven himself a Test batman.....

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
Someone needs to give this guy a copy of the rules of cricket...dead set has no idea about the rules - the way he appeals and wants everything referred he thinks every time the ball hits the pads the batsman is out, and every time the ball beats the bat it is out caught behind. If he was captain, all 3 reviews would be gone after the 1st 3 balls.

Rabish Binney

Left out overnight
Sep 7, 2021
Off the land, rural SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt; Man City
Someone needs to give this guy a copy of the rules of cricket...dead set has no idea about the rules - the way he appeals and wants everything referred he thinks every time the ball hits the pads the batsman is out, and every time the ball beats the bat it is out caught behind. If he was captain, all 3 reviews would be gone after the 1st 3 balls.
I reckon he's starting to become a bit of a knob. Struts around the field with that f&*%$ chewing gum, drives me nuts.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was a bit grating seeing him ending up basically at the batsman's feet after every ball while fielding at silly mid off last test. It was almost inevitable he'd grass one (admittedly a tough chance) snatching at it after trying to catch every front foot defence directly off the face. Just needs to dial it back a touch.

Still, hoping he can get amongst the runs in SL/India as he's absolutely a talent and genuinely loves his cricket.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
I do love Marnus, seems like a genuinely nice bloke, but his enthusiasm probably rubs people up the wrong way on the field at times, think it’s purely just due to him being a complete cricket nuffy, plays like a kid thinking everything is out.

Fantastic cricketer though.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
this series 170 @ 34

ave now down from 56.92 to 54.31 after this series.

Hopefully he turns it around in sir Lanka

POSPLAYERTEAMRATING

(0)

Marnus Labuschagne

AUS

(0)

Joe Root ENG879

(0)

Steve Smith AUS857

(0)

Kane Williamson NZ844

(0)

Babar Azam PAK799

(0)

Dimuth Karunaratne SL781

(0)

Rohit Sharma IND754

(0)

Travis Head AUS744

(0)

Virat Kohli IND742

(0)

Rishabh Pant IND738

Nice to see root get out for a duck

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Check out that pitch!!

Labu bowling seam up (which has done sporadically before), neither team playing a front line spinner and Michael Hogan still going around at 40 years of age.

County cricket can throw up some surreal stuff.

P.S. Love Nottinghamshire's bowling attack of Pattinson, Paterson and Patterson-White.

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not easy to make runs in England. Not with the bloody green wickets the produce. Think it more highlights the lack of quality from the English batsman

A lot of really flat wickets to start the county season this year, lots of double 100's in the first 3 rounds. Think there was a directive from the ECB to make the early season wickets less dibbly dobbly medium pace friendly but it may have gone a little too far in the opposite direction.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
A lot of really flat wickets to start the county season this year, lots of double 100's in the first 3 rounds. Think there was a directive from the ECB to make the early season wickets less dibbly dobbly medium pace friendly but it may have gone a little too far in the opposite direction.
I will take your word for it, I like following it when I can but unfortunately haven’t had the time for it at the moment

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
UK (well, London and the South Eastern region) has been relatively dry lately so probably contributing to the higher scoring.

Back