Marnus Labuschagne

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The bloke is riding a huge confidence wave at the moment. Seems like a real cricket nerd-type too like Smudge and Hussey.

Hope he has a big summer, would love to see the No.3 spot finally be a non-worry.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Another good outing from Marnus today in the one day game with 134. Led the Qld fightback from 4/25 to a score of 295. Just seems to be going from strength to strength at the moment.

geez he doesn't miss out often does he recently.

His runs in the shield were massive, the rest of his team struggled with the bat, when they got in trouble chasing a relatively small target he whacks a couple of boundaries.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The bloke is riding a huge confidence wave at the moment. Seems like a real cricket nerd-type too like Smudge and Hussey.

Hope he has a big summer, would love to see the No.3 spot finally be a non-worry.

hope he has a good summer, the attacks coming over aren't hugely strong.

Unfortunately Warner will probably fill his boots and be "i'm back guys!"

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So if Marnus cements his place in the team over the summer do we start to talk potential captaincy? Works harder than everyone, likeable *er and he has some serious white line fever.

eltrain

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MVFC, Everton, Red Sox, Bruins
So if Marnus cements his place in the team over the summer do we start to talk potential captaincy? Works harder than everyone, likeable f***er and he has some serious white line fever.
Definitely has captaincy potential.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
I'm a big fan, his temperament and mindset are ideal for the longer formats of the game. Leaves balls, moves his feet and forces the bowler to bowl at him and when they do he scores. He's everything these domestic T20 stars (who struggle at international level, shield cricket and are hopeless test players) of ours aren't and to me that's a breath of fresh air. He's someone I can see getting better and better purely because he has a decent technique and a good mindset for the game. Unfortunately this is something which has become exceedingly rare with batsmen in our

Added bonus is that he is a better than part time bowler and he needs to be counted and used more as an all-rounder.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So if Marnus cements his place in the team over the summer do we start to talk potential captaincy? Works harder than everyone, likeable f***er and he has some serious white line fever.
Would be a solid choice. Is being psycho-analytical, but he just seems to have that scrappiness about him that a captain needs to build a team culture.

I just saw on YouTube Marnus says in SA it's 'Labu-skuck-knee'.

I guess it depends which kraal you come from...
I say Lab-oo-shah-knee.

Good player, hopefully starts converting.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Like this bloke. He’s a fighter and it’s exactly what we needed in our batting order imo. Probably the batsman I’m looking forward to watching most this summer. Hoping he can bang out a ton early on, he deserves it.

Back