Marnus Labuschagne

Remove this Banner Ad

Expensive finish to his spell this afternoon but showed enough to prove himself as the best of the part time options. Should have broken this partnership when he found Yasir’s edge but Smith insists on fielding as a deep slip. He is becoming a favourite player of mine.
A good part timer in that he puts in enough ordinary balls that batsmen will be wanting to play strokes and then has a couple of decent deliveries to snatch a wicket

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

A good part timer in that he puts in enough ordinary balls that batsmen will be wanting to play strokes and then has a couple of decent deliveries to snatch a wicket

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Yes. But gets enough purchase out of some of those decent deliveries to cause issues for the batsman. Gap between his best ball and worst ball very large.

Also he dealt fine with archer in England, not sure why he can’t deal with the kiwis

Wagner, Southee and Mitchell at 127kph isn’t exactly going to tear his head off either.

They have a grafting attack, not a at your throat type.

I think Wagner and Southee will really struggle on our flat decks at their pace. Especially given the form of the top order at the moment.

Have a look at Abbas as a case in point, who bowls around a similar pace..

Expensive finish to his spell this afternoon but showed enough to prove himself as the best of the part time options. Should have broken this partnership when he found Yasir’s edge but Smith insists on fielding as a deep slip. He is becoming a favourite player of mine.
Dropped the sitter off his own bowling too, but oh well, s**t happens

You would be mistaken. Wagner bowls the best bouncers in the game on dead decks ..

We shall see. He hasn't toured Australia before.

I expect the MCG test to be a very long one for them, especially without Boult.

Henry isn't a test standard quick imo and Southee's record outside of NZ is absolutely woeful.

Last edited:
Wade was in great form though and head looked better in the home summer, it really seemed the right call to leave him out of that series based on what went on in his short test career up to that point.
No it didn’t, it never seemed the right call Labuschange had made 1200 runs with 5 100s in county cricket. Just had to get picked

Think the selectors might pick him to captain the Aus XI and Aus A sides that will be playing the English Lions in January and Feb? Seems as good a time as any to try him out.

Think the selectors might pick him to captain the Aus XI and Aus A sides that will be playing the English Lions in January and Feb? Seems as good a time as any to try him out.
Is that going to be on fox cricket? Forgot about that series but am looking forward to it now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wrong, big fan and kudos to the selectors.

Seems we need more of these gut feel picks considering where the side is at

It’s funny to say that. When we were picking guys like Michael Clarke, he’d scored good decent runs at FC level but pretty sure he was still meddling in the mid - high 30’s when selected for his debut.

Inspired pick in hindsight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he make it into the ODI side? Seems like a natural progression although the current line up (with Smith at 3) is fairly settled at the moment

I personally think he should but could see him missing out. He'll play plenty of ODI cricket though, just a matter of when.

Does he make it into the ODI side? Seems like a natural progression although the current line up (with Smith at 3) is fairly settled at the moment

Has the game to bat at 4 imo which leaves 3 available for Smith to bat. Khawaja at 3 during the WC threw the balance of the side out. Smarsh is probably the best option at 4 we have atm but selectors might be looking to move on seeing as he won't be around next WC.

Wade was in great form though and head looked better in the home summer, it really seemed the right call to leave him out of that series based on what went on in his short test career up to that point.
it's the middle order that concerns me. although some of our bowlers can hold a bat we have quite a long tale imo. relying too much on the top 4.

They seem to favour Turner or Head in that format.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back