Maroon, Blue & Gold Forever

Hey there everyone in the bigfooty community

My name is Ben and I have been a massive Brisbane Lions supporter in Adelaide since I was a kid reliving our "much famous" nab cup & AFLX competition victories :tearsofjoy:

I can't wait to get in touch with all footy supporters on this forum and hopefully find some true passionate Lions supporters down under in SA.

Hopefully everyone is also safe & well during these times we live in physically/mentally as well and hopefully we can all go back to the footy and support our team as normal again.

Last edited:

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Hey there everyone in the bigfooty community

My name is Ben (Benny) and I have been a massive Brisbane Lions supporter in Adelaide since I was a kid reliving our "much famous" nab cup & AFLX competition victories :tearsofjoy:

I can't wait to get in touch with all footy supporters on this forum and hopefully find some true passionate Lions supporters down under in SA.

Hopefully everyone is also safe & well during these times we live in physically/mentally as well and hopefully we can all go back to the footy and support our team as normal again.
Welcome mate, lions starting to look pretty dangerous again which is always good to see.

Welcome mate, lions starting to look pretty dangerous again which is always good to see.

Haha thanks mate, nice to be playing good footy again after the 10 years of pain we had to endure through.

It's such a shame your mob have been just too good to win most of those premierships from us :tearsofjoy:

Could you please let Mr. Brisbane have one this year please for 2021. I would do anything ;)

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Haha thanks mate, nice to be playing good footy again after the 10 years of pain we had to endure through.

It's such a shame your mob have been just too good to win most of those premierships from us :tearsofjoy:

Could you please let Mr. Brisbane have one this year please for 2021. I would do anything ;)
I'll have a word to the boys and see if they're willing to take a step back this year.

Reckon the saints might challenge brissy well this year.

I'll have a word to the boys and see if they're willing to take a step back this year.

Reckon the saints might challenge brissy well this year.

Haha true, I'm probably more worried over Geelong though given their list for the timebeing that's a very scary lineup for 2021.

But hey if we ain't in the Grand Final this year I would rather want Saints to win cause they have waited so so long for it

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Haha true, I'm probably more worried over Geelong though given their list for the timebeing that's a very scary lineup for 2021.

But hey if we ain't in the Grand Final this year I would rather want Saints to win cause they have waited so so long for it
Yeah Geelong are going to be tough to beat for sure.

It would be great to see the Saints get up. The supporters deserve it.

Yeah Geelong are going to be tough to beat for sure.

It would be great to see the Saints get up. The supporters deserve it.

Yeah exactly same here also although I just don't want it to be against my team because I can get quite "emotional" if we lose so to speak :tearsofjoy:

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Yeah exactly same here also although I just don't want it to be against my team because I can get quite "emotional" if we lose so to speak :tearsofjoy:
I think I could probably cope with losing a GF to the Saints. I've had a few recently, I'm not greedy.

I think I could probably cope with losing a GF to the Saints. I've had a few recently, I'm not greedy.

Stop making me jealous :tearsofjoy:

I was too young to witness my three-peat in those days and all I can brag about to my friends is our sacred famous Nab Cup & AFLX Competition Trophies :tearsofjoy:

I was too young to witness my three-peat in those days and all I can brag about to my friends is our sacred famous Nab Cup & AFLX Competition Trophies :tearsofjoy:

And as well don't forget those wooden spoons as well with the collection ;)

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void

oh I feel bad for you now. Watching the lions 3peat was fantastic viewing. Richmond were s**t at the time so I got great entertainment watching their dominance in those final series.

I sort of know how you feel though, 2017 was the first GF I ever saw so I'm not stranger to lifelong suffering 😂

You'll get your chance very soon.

Hopefully you enjoy the website, there's a lot of good people on here and interesting discussions to be had. In the meantime you could always sign up for a team in the SFA (an online bigfooty league) and win some premierships there, it's good fun.

oh I feel bad for you now. Watching the lions 3peat was fantastic viewing. Richmond were sh*t at the time so I got great entertainment watching their dominance in those final series.

I sort of know how you feel though, 2017 was the first GF I ever saw so I'm not stranger to lifelong suffering 😂

You'll get your chance very soon.

Hopefully you enjoy the website, there's a lot of good people on here and interesting discussions to be had. In the meantime you could always sign up for a team in the SFA (an online bigfooty league) and win some premierships there, it's good fun.

Haha thanks mate, luckily I have the highlights of those years of dominence and they were such a good team during that period. I can of wishd I saw them live now but hey I can't whinge with our lineup now.

I might try the SFA sometime but given my luck we might bottom out like past times :sweatsmile:

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Haha so I can safely assume you were born after that 1980 Grand Final in which Richmond smashed those Collingwood Magpies up :p
Sadly yes. By about a decade :( would have been a great game to be at.

Sadly yes. By about a decade :( would have been a great game to be at.

Haha any game that Collingwood get smashed by a lot is a great game no matter what who it is ;)

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Haha any game that Collingwood get smashed by a lot is a great game no matter what who it is ;)
And even the games they only just get beaten in are alright too 😂 the '18 GF comes to mind.

And even the games they only just get beaten in are alright too 😂 the '18 GF comes to mind.

Haha exactly that GF was the best I ever seen other then our past GF wins and it was even better when it's against Collingwood ;)

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Haha exactly that GF was the best I ever seen other then our past GF wins and it was even better when it's against Collingwood ;)
Well here's to our next GF victories being against the pies 😂

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
So I assume your from Victoria giving the team you support :sweatsmile:

Did you miss going to footy last year over there?
Yeah Victoria, but lived all over Australia when I was a little younger.

It was one of the things I missed the most and was pretty worried the season wouldn't happen at all. Very glad we managed to get the season going, qld stepped up and took the burden.

The footy was a great distraction for those down here.

Did you manage to get to any games?

Sadly not as my family and I moved from ACT to SA again and the covid situation as well

Hopefully I can get a Crows or Power Membership and be able to watch some AFL again cause boy did I miss it

Genghis Tron

HBF
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Sadly not as my family and I moved from ACT to SA again and the covid situation as well

Hopefully I can get a Crows or Power Membership and be able to watch some AFL again cause boy did I miss it
That's a shame. Hopefully covid buggers off a bit and lets a somewhat normal season happen. That first game back after so long is going to be great.

That's a shame. Hopefully covid buggers off a bit and lets a somewhat normal season happen. That first game back after so long is going to be great.

I know right and especially when it is my team playing over here it would be feel so great again :)

Well besides having to hear the home team boo over the result but I love it being an South Australian who loves the Brisbane Lions ;)

Back