Marriage Equality Achieved - (SSM Debate Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a disgusting hypocrite. She's a better person than I am. I would taken great delight in telling him he wasn't welcome. What a repulsive man he is.
Would you say the same if it were you and your father or brother in the same situation? Easy to say what you said when it's an outsider looking in, and not your own family. Just food for thought.

Would you say the same if it were you and your father or brother in the same situation? Easy to say what you said when it's an outsider looking in, and not your own family. Just food for thought.
If one of my family didn’t agree with my right to marry the person I loved in such an outspoken, public manner, with utter conviction that I should not have the same rights as they do, yes, I think I would not invite them to share my special day. In fact, I doubt I would include them in any of my day to day activities either.

If one of my family didn’t agree with my right to marry the person I loved in such an outspoken, public manner, with utter conviction that I should not have the same rights as they do, yes, I think I would not invite them to share my special day. In fact, I doubt I would include them in any of my day to day activities either.
Would half of your family turn up to your wedding?
This thread is pretty quiet and I’m not surprised in the slightest that Abbott attended!

This thread is pretty quiet and I’m not surprised in the slightest that Abbott attended!

I suspect those with gay family and friends would have been much more likely to have voted Yes.

Just putting it out there.

This presents such a weird hypothetical ... are we talking about me, now, or me in the past? I'm not sure what you're asking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She, more than anyone understands Tony's ability to hold any view which has the most chance of getting him elected, beholden as he is to the Catholic mafia.

Bermuda has reversed its policy on allowing same sex marriage. The new law gives domestic partners similar rights as married couples, but without the legal title.

This follows a referendum in 2016 where voters were asked i) whether they were in favour of same-sex marriages and ii) whether they were in favour of same-sex civil unions. Both questions were answered substantially in the negative. 69 per cent of those who voted opposed same-sex marriage, and 63 per cent voted against civil unions. However the turnout for both questions was below the 50% requirement for the results to be considered valid.

Bermuda has reversed its policy on allowing same sex marriage. The new law gives domestic partners similar rights as married couples, but without the legal title.

This follows a referendum in 2016 where voters were asked i) whether they were in favour of same-sex marriages and ii) whether they were in favour of same-sex civil unions. Both questions were answered substantially in the negative. 69 per cent of those who voted opposed same-sex marriage, and 63 per cent voted against civil unions. However the turnout for both questions was below the 50% requirement for the results to be considered valid.
It's over. Move on; you've lost.

Uganda a few years back recriminalised homosexual relations.

What's your point?

I don't think the majority of Australians want to follow Bermuda or Uganda or all these other shithole countries (thanks Donald Trump) when it comes to our laws and human rights.

Uganda a few years back recriminalised homosexual relations.

What's your point?

I don't think the majority of Australians want to follow Bermuda or Uganda or all these other shithole countries (thanks Donald Trump) when it comes to our laws and human rights.

Bermuda is a shithole with poor human rights? Wow.

But it is majority black, whereas same sex marriage is a recent white man's phenomenon. You should show some respect towards the views of the traditional owners of this land.

To the Prime Minister and the Parliament from the Aboriginal People of Australia and being undersigned by members of the Argan, Arrernte, Bidjara, Biripi, Bundjalung, Bunuba, Dunggatti, Erub, Gidja, Githabul, Gooniyandi, Gumbainggir, Juggera, Jaru, Juru, Kabi-Kabi-Waka-Waka, Kamilaroi, Karajarri, Kaylagal, Koara, Kooma, Luritja, Mamu, Mangala, Mantjintjarra, Mara, Meriam Mir, Munjunjarli, Ngaanyatjarra, Noongar, Nyawaygi, Nyigina, Pitjantjatjara, Wadi-Wadi, Wagilak, Walawurru, Walmatjarri, Wangkumara, Wiradjuri, Wongatha, Wooroora, Wuthathi, Yankuntjatjara, Yidingi-Mbabaram, Yidingi-Mullen-Barra, Balardung tribes and people groups, representing the Aboriginal People of Australia, hereby declare:

The Aboriginal People of Australia are the original inhabitants and the first Nation people of this great southern land Australia.

Our continuing cultures and traditions are 1,000’s of years old and are recognised as the oldest on Earth.

Although Aboriginal People come together as one nation through many different self-governing language and kinship groups with unique cultures and traditions, the sanctity of marriage between man and woman continues to be held in honour among all.

Our Fathers and Mothers are also honoured and form the foundation of our families, clans and systems, and pass down our teachings, our culture, our traditions, from generation to generation.

It is therefore an affront to the Aboriginal People of Australia to suggest another definition of marriage.

The Aboriginal people of Australia recognise the Prime Minister and Parliament as a governing body and strongly calls upon the Parliament to reject any attempt to redefine the institution of marriage, and in doing so, Honour the sanctity of both the tradition of marriage and the spiritual implication of this sacred union.​

Aboriginal culture is over 10,000 yrs old and they've been living here for around 70, 000yrs.

Bermuda is a shithole with poor human rights? Wow.

But it is majority black, whereas same sex marriage is a recent white man's phenomenon. You should show some respect towards the views of the traditional owners of this land.

To the Prime Minister and the Parliament from the Aboriginal People of Australia and being undersigned by members of the Argan, Arrernte, Bidjara, Biripi, Bundjalung, Bunuba, Dunggatti, Erub, Gidja, Githabul, Gooniyandi, Gumbainggir, Juggera, Jaru, Juru, Kabi-Kabi-Waka-Waka, Kamilaroi, Karajarri, Kaylagal, Koara, Kooma, Luritja, Mamu, Mangala, Mantjintjarra, Mara, Meriam Mir, Munjunjarli, Ngaanyatjarra, Noongar, Nyawaygi, Nyigina, Pitjantjatjara, Wadi-Wadi, Wagilak, Walawurru, Walmatjarri, Wangkumara, Wiradjuri, Wongatha, Wooroora, Wuthathi, Yankuntjatjara, Yidingi-Mbabaram, Yidingi-Mullen-Barra, Balardung tribes and people groups, representing the Aboriginal People of Australia, hereby declare:

The Aboriginal People of Australia are the original inhabitants and the first Nation people of this great southern land Australia.

Our continuing cultures and traditions are 1,000’s of years old and are recognised as the oldest on Earth.

Although Aboriginal People come together as one nation through many different self-governing language and kinship groups with unique cultures and traditions, the sanctity of marriage between man and woman continues to be held in honour among all.

Our Fathers and Mothers are also honoured and form the foundation of our families, clans and systems, and pass down our teachings, our culture, our traditions, from generation to generation.

It is therefore an affront to the Aboriginal People of Australia to suggest another definition of marriage.

The Aboriginal people of Australia recognise the Prime Minister and Parliament as a governing body and strongly calls upon the Parliament to reject any attempt to redefine the institution of marriage, and in doing so, Honour the sanctity of both the tradition of marriage and the spiritual implication of this sacred union.​
Aboriginal culture is over 10,000 yrs old and they've been living here for around 70, 000yrs.
So what you're saying is, we should change Australia Day too?

What a sook. Obviously still smarting to find out you were on the wrong side of history and in the bigoted little minority.

So if you think we should change Australia Day we should also base policy on their views on SSM?

He was pointing out the hypocrisy of the right who like to disregard 99% of the views of a minority group and cherry pick the one or two things that suit their narrative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back