Marriage Equality Achieved - (SSM Debate Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crux of the matter is the dissenters as you call them weren't anti gay marriage so much as just anti gay full stop, and being anti gay makes as much sense as being anti gravity or anti black people when it comes down to it. My main issue with the debate was such feeble minded creatures actually being taken seriously. Lyle Shelton is just an insult to us all.

Crux of the matter is the dissenters as you call them weren't anti gay marriage so much as just anti gay full stop, and being anti gay makes as much sense as being anti gravity or anti black people when it comes down to it. My main issue with the debate was such feeble minded creatures actually being taken seriously. Lyle Shelton is just an insult to us all.
But had the bill been passed without the clear will of the people in the plebiscite, what would Shelton be saying now?

But it's not like every other law. It's not like the "Australian Grape and Wine Authority Amendment (Wine Australia) Bill", is it?

Would the dissenters have been silenced by the passage of the bill without the clear will of the electorate?
I mean Morrison and Co are seriously considering moving the Australian Embassy to Jerusalem. I don't remember that in the pre-election campaign or having the clear will of the people.

Better put it to a plebiscite though.

I mean Morrison and Co are seriously considering moving the Australian Embassy to Jerusalem. I don't remember that in the pre-election campaign or having the clear will of the people.

Better put it to a plebiscite though.
That doesn’t require a change to legislation but is an administrative decision.

But apparently he and others like him caused acute trauma. Which is it?
Fair dinkum... It's clearly both... He was a nobody who caused minimal harm anyone then lo and behold we have a plebiscite and he uses it as a very public forum to directly attack the values and sexuality of gay and lesbian people.

Your attempts to twist my words aren't going very well...

If the plebiscite was acute trauma then what must be going on in Taiwan after their referendum? Must be the equivalent of genocide.

You continue to willfully miss the point so hard that I begin to suspect you're Andrew Bolt

That's just unadulterated drivel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What point do you think I am missing?

You've been repeatedly told it's not the plebiscite itself that caused the trauma, it's the publicly open biggotry, hatred, and abuse that it enabled and legitimised in the name of "giving both sides a voice"

You've been repeatedly told it's not the plebiscite itself that caused the trauma, it's the publicly open biggotry, hatred, and abuse that it enabled and legitimised in the name of "giving both sides a voice"
And given what happened in Taiwan there must be mass suicides there. Only reasonable conclusion to draw.

And given what happened in Taiwan there must be mass suicides there. Only reasonable conclusion to draw.

What are you trying to suggest, that people who experienced, from their perspective, genuine anguish over an unnecessary plebiscite, didn’t really experience any of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the suffering of the Taiwanese is nothing compared to Jews in the 1930s. Quite frankly, the Taiwanese should get over themselves I reckon

See how stupid that comparison sounds ?

I find it hard to believe the Libs are still moaning about this.
Fact is they were forced into the present by the overwhelming will of the people not dragged kicking and screaming from the churches they ascribe to for political gain.

The Sydney University has dropped a study that concludes that the SSM plebiscite came at huge psychological cost to same sex people. Who were the sole beneficiaries. Sydney University. Lol

The Sydney University has dropped a study that concludes that the SSM plebiscite came at huge psychological cost to same sex people. Who were the sole beneficiaries. Sydney University. Lol
The only reason Parliament needs to pass laws about equal marriage is, back in 2004, John Howard amended the Marriage Act to exclude same-sex couples.

$150 million to the tax payers for one of Howards wedges

Remove this Banner Ad

Back