Marriage Equality Achieved - (SSM Debate Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason Parliament needs to pass laws about equal marriage is, back in 2004, John Howard amended the Marriage Act to exclude same-sex couples.

$150 million to the tax payers for one of Howards wedges

That's unlike Howard to piss away money and resources from the future to win a cheap political wedge today :think:

I find it hard to believe the Libs are still moaning about this.
Fact is they were forced into the present by the overwhelming will of the people not dragged kicking and screaming from the churches they ascribe to for political gain.
Secretly they know the survey was a huge electoral home goal for them

The only reason we had the non binding, non compulsory plebiscite was because Tony Abbott and the f***wit faction of the Liberal Party were unable to face reality.
It is amazing how one can be so offended about getting a positive outcome for their demographic. Especially when they whinge ironically about the process taken and their preferred political party did nothing.

The Sydney University has dropped a study that concludes that the SSM plebiscite came at huge psychological cost to same sex people. Who were the sole beneficiaries. Sydney University. Lol

And who were the sole minority group whose rights were being openly debated, often with significant misinformation and scare mongering.

The only reason Parliament needs to pass laws about equal marriage is, back in 2004, John Howard amended the Marriage Act to exclude same-sex couples.

$150 million to the tax payers for one of Howards wedges
And it was backed by labour. even penny wong (Who became the face "for" ssm) voted FOR the original change in 2004

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to be whinged about by the victors until the end of time.
Lol
You need to put on that push up bra, make your hair high, tart yourself up a bit and scream at the top of your lungs to “Don’t leave me this way”, the original version, oh, here it is, kick your heals up honey and dance.

And it was backed by labour. even penny wong (Who became the face "for" ssm) voted FOR the original change in 2004
Untrue.
Show where there was a vote in ether house on the matter.
Howard implemented it ad hoc off his own bat.

Untrue.
Show where there was a vote in ether house on the matter.
Howard implemented it ad hoc off his own bat.
Exactly, it was done with very few sitting members at 3-4am.

It might have got the job done but history should not forget it was a cheap political ploy to appease internal Liberal Party battles. I recall Mal on Q&A claiming it as a victory for his leadership. Come the **** on.
I wouldn't call $120 mil 'cheap'.

Exactly, it was done with very few sitting members at 3-4am.
Like all of the Liberal apologists "blatant lies" are just a part of the tool kit. Dumbest retreads ever to grace the earth, dinosaurs excluded.
I wonder some times if they actually still believe that Australia is still in it's the longest ever war because the little campaigner Howard told the truth.

Like all of the Liberal apologists "blatant lies" are just a part of the tool kit. Dumbest retreads ever to grace the earth, dinosaurs excluded.
I wonder some times if they actually still believe that Australia is still in it's the longest ever war because the little campaigner Howard told the truth.
Aaaaaannnd we end up with Scott I’m a happy handclapper, not Jim Morrison.
How do we allow these troglodytes anywhere near law making, is the state of our incompetence, we need to vett these numpties before they get anywhere near the floor!

Aaaaaannnd we end up with Scott I’m a happy handclapper, not Jim Morrison.
How do we allow these troglodytes anywhere near law making, is the state of our incompetence, we need to vett these numpties before they get anywhere near the floor!
Thank your less than intelligent fellow Australians...
The ones who would have never been born but for anti-biotics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back