Society/Culture Marriage equality debate - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have more substance to this? Or is it just a question on your mind?

I can't find any studies on it in Australia.
Maybe you've had more luck, as this issue is clearly an interest for you?

Just a question on my mind. I've seen a completely and utterly unjust situation unfold with an individual working away while his partner played the beast with two backs with half of Perth. They split, and this bloke continues to pay her mortgage for two years and retains a joint bank account supporting her and their two kids. He meets someone else, marry's and has a child.

Then the green eyes monster turns nasty. With the help of the law he and his new family end up railroaded and destitute, and despite being a high income earner he's about to lose his house. That errant nasty witch not only sits pretty but taunts them. He is also such a decent person through all this, he refuses to test the paternity of the kids, refuses to hurt them.

Last edited:
Just a question on my mind. I've seen a completely and utterly unjust situation unfold with an individual working away while his partner played the beast with two backs with half of Perth. They split, and this bloke continues to pay her mortgage for two years and retains a joint bank account supporting her and their two kids. He meets someone else, marry's and has a child. The green eyes monster turns nasty. He and his new family end up railroaded and destitute, despite being a high income earner he's about to lose his house and that errant nasty witch not only sits pretty but taunts them. And you know what, he is also such a decent person through all that he refuses to test the paternity of the kids because he refuses to hurt them.
What a terrible story.
I hope you're doing what you can to help him. People have killed themselves for a lot less.

Could you give us some more detail in relation to "inequality within the family court system. Denial of access to children and financially crippling maintenance demands?" for this case?

Maybe the legal minds on bigfooty could offer a solution, or a way to help him?

What a terrible story.
I hope you're doing what you can to help him. People have killed themselves for a lot less.

Could you give us some more detail in relation to "inequality within the family court system. Denial of access to children and financially crippling maintenance demands?" for this case?

Maybe the legal minds on bigfooty could offer a solution, or a way to help him?

Yeh it sand ugly story, tbh I'm not that close that I know all the details but crippling maintenance demands and issues with the children definitely factor . He has sought legal advice which was useless.

Just a question on my mind. I've seen a completely and utterly unjust situation unfold with an individual working away while his partner played the beast with two backs with half of Perth. They split, and this bloke continues to pay her mortgage for two years and retains a joint bank account supporting her and their two kids. He meets someone else, marry's and has a child.

Then the green eyes monster turns nasty. With the help of the law he and his new family end up railroaded and destitute, and despite being a high income earner he's about to lose his house. That errant nasty witch not only sits pretty but taunts them. He is also such a decent person through all this, he refuses to test the paternity of the kids, refuses to hurt them.

Wage earner or business income? Restructuring is hard but can be done to protect himself (not avoid responsibility which he doesn't seem to want anyway).

Even if a paternity test is done now, I understand he would still have to pay as he acted like the father for a period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back