Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anti SSM. So sue me.

I'm sorry

I can't imagine having an argument so weak, to have no valid reason for making it.

More than that though, I can't imagine being so insecure as a human or in my own relationship that I'd have to deny others.

That must really suck to be so lacking in your own relationship status that you will work to make others unhappy.

This scenario is pure sarcasm. How are you sure it won't lead to the other 2 scenarios I presented? Will your belief holders all of a sudden draw a line in the sand on marriage issues, like what I'm doing now? Where does it all end with the left and their belief of total equality?

I'm sure the scenario you presented won't happen because it hasn't happened anywhere else same-sex marriage has been legalised. Society has not collapsed, instead people have gotten on with their lives. Perhaps the right should stop the hysteria and stop trying to block equality for same-sex couples?

I'm sorry

I can't imagine having an argument so weak, to have no valid reason for making it.

More than that though, I can't imagine being so insecure as a human or in my own relationship that I'd have to deny others.

That must really suck to be so devoid in your own life you will work to make others unhappy.

So many assumptions. Thanks for your opinion though. You're as entitled to it as I am to mine.

What gives this current parliament the moral authority? I wouldn't trust these idiots to change a tyre let alone change something that's been in place for hundreds of years. Especially as marriage is the bedrock of the traditional family unit and therefore our society. As I've said earlier if gay people want to get married then they can, just as long as it with someone of the opposite sex. That is what marriage is. Otherwise they can invent some other sort of union.

Yes but the bumbling of parliament is demonstrating their incompetence on this issue in precisely the opposite way. Why can't they simply vote on this? Therein lies the answer to the riddle, and yet it has nothing to do with morality or treating other people in the same society with respect and goodwill. If it had anything to do with morality, gay marriage would be passed unopposed by vote 100% in favour.

Here are some further questions,

Should we look at what ancient peoples did to guide us in morality? Human sacrifice? Slavery? Death penalty for speaking against the governing body?

What rights should a person argue from another person? And what if they themselves were turned on, and faced with their own argument? What then Roper?*

*paraphrased from 'A man for all seasons'

I'm sure the scenario you presented won't happen because it hasn't happened anywhere else same-sex marriage has been legalised. Society has not collapsed, instead people have gotten on with their lives. Perhaps the right should stop the hysteria and stop trying to block equality for same-sex couples?
So it's legal in what? 10 countries? And for how long? 16 years maximum? Probably more like 5-8 years on an average? Hardly enough sample size or time to base anything on

So many assumptions. Thanks for your opinion though. You're as entitled to it as I am to mine.

I didn't assume anything

I asked you a very specific question, you ignored it and blurted out you're just against it.

You have no actual reason.

So it's legal in what? 10 countries? And for how long? 16 years maximum? Probably more like 5-8 years on an average? Hardly enough sample size or time to base anything on

How do we get to Australia having fifty years of gay marriage, to find out if it is going to work or not?

I didn't assume anything

I asked you a very specific question, you ignored it and blurted out you're just against it.

You have no actual reason.

Hey random guy on the internet, you assumed plenty. I'm not going to get into my reasons with random guy. It will go nowhere. This is a SSM thread and I've stated my position

There's nothing there to suggest that society is even remotely heading in the direction you're implying. It's scare-mongering, simply because you don't like the idea of two men or two women getting married, which won't even affect you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you arent your blatantly lying.

Same sex couples - legal.

Pedophilia - Illegal.

This is just allowing marriage for all the couples who are legally allowed to be together.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Same sex marriage - illegal
Multiple simultaneous marriage - illegal
Underage marriage - illegal

Change one, who's to say the others can't be changed?

Same sex marriage - illegal
Multiple simultaneous marriage - illegal
Underage marriage - illegal

Change one, who's to say the others can't be changed?
Because the actual sexual act for same sex is legal. The others arent.

You really are this stupid. It isnt an act.

I hope your old because if your a kid i weap for the future.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back