Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigot is anti religion. Im sure a different thread exists for it but am willing to answer.

Im all for faith and belief. Im very much against organised religion the has always seemed to cause our people (the whole human race) so much problems.

So i guess you could call me an equal opportunity organised bigot.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This was in response to strung_out who is making some slippery slope arguments to do with gay marriage, including paedophilia, but has also argued that marriage between a man and woman has always been.

Their last argument actually leads towards a case for child marriage as opposed to gay marriage, as historically it was more common for 12 year old girls to be married, if our current morality needs to be dictated historically. Yet there is no evidence the same will happen under gay marriage rights.

Thus their argument has been defeated!

Why do you not have this opinion?

What is it based on?

Simple really.
1. I think homosexual people are born that way. I don't think you can make a person homosexual or heterosexual if that is not the way they are.
2. I think our society works best when every adult has equal rights, and nobody is given or denied any legal privileges or status based on an accident of their birth.

I've never mentioned religion, not into it at all. Your arguments fail miserably, however, when you call anyone who disagrees with you a bigot, a troll and a homophobe....

You called me a bigot. Thats what a bigot is.

I called a person a homophobe when he admitted to thinking same sex is immoral and the same as pediphilia.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Watching The House on ABC right now. So far it seems a light weight fluff piece, the trite rubbish that Anabelle Crabbe has made her stock in trade.

But it's hard not to be impressed with the actual building. Bloody massive it is, a huge operation and, to my eye, relatively pleasant to look at. The staffers seem nice, too.

Which makes today's farce all the more depressing.

There's this huge, stately building which has been designed to house our representatives in the serious business of governing. Instead it exists as a sort of cubby house for a pack of school kids who find it too hard to get their s**t together to put the public's wishes into law. The plebiscite is the political equivalent of "the dog ate my homework" and the postal plebiscite, which doesn't even look like it will get off the ground, one of the most pathetic brainfarts to ever stank up the hallways of Parliament.

Giving over to despair is the easy option. It is more worthwhile to point and laugh.

Lol at the coalition.

Lol at Malcolm Turnbull.

Lolololololol at Tony Abbott.

A least be able to debate it with a bit of decency (mmm....scumbag comes to mind). Hey, you're passionate about the issue. I hold a different opinion.

I don't need to tell anybody why I have this stance. And I don't intend to.

"I just want to be a bigot god dammit and not be questioned."

Why come onto a forum like this then if you dont want to talk about why you hold your repugnant views.

You have the distinct smell and all the hallmarks of Bennett.

"I just want to be a bigot god dammit and not be questioned."

Why come onto a forum like this then if you dont want to talk about why you hold your repugnant views.

You have the distinct smell and all the hallmarks of Bennett.

I have not been a bigot and I have not been repugnant. I hold a different view to you. Difference is adults don't call people names.

I have not been a bigot and I have not been repugnant. I hold a different view to you. Difference is adults don't call people names.

Ok you hold a different view. Nice to know. Now if you dont have anything else to add to the thread then kindly stop posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks like we aren't going to get a sensible answer to this question.
I'm doubting a straight answer will be given. Will most likely dodge the question or not answer.
Hopefully it's not another slippery slope answer, read more than enough of that for one day.

I wonder if other right wing posters support strung_out's attempts to compare SSM to pedophilia.

Silence is deafening so far.
I'm not comparing it to pediphilia. I'm saying legalising one thing, what's stopping other things becoming legalised in the future, like polygamy and child marriage. Is it pedophilia if a 12 year old wants to marry an adult in the future. She's a minority and wants her marriage legalised. Why should we quell their right?

Look at the trend of lgbqabcdefg or whatever it is now. Firstly it was gay acceptance, then transgender acceptance, then gender fluid acceptance. How much acceptance can we take? What's next? Beastiality acceptance? Scat acceptance? Where does it all end?

We've got to put up with this s**t until November at the earliest. That f*** this is an Ashes summer.

The plebiscite would theoretically be held smack bang in the middle of the 1st Test as well........is the government trying to be hated?

So why are you against SSM?

Why are you for it? The presumption that I have to be called out on even the smallest comment is appalling.

So why for it. What does that mean for future generations. Is it advantageous (sp). Is it the opposite. What form of influence does this provide. Happy for answers that are civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back