Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not get the appetite for donkey votes and boycott's.

This is a free hit to smack down Abbott and the rest of his knuckle draggers. Why would you want to pass up that **** you?

Sure it is not binding. But neither is protesting. Neither is lobbying. And labour are not going to have complete control of the parliament anytime soon so even if Labour win the next election this whole issue is still going to face opposition in the senate.

If the silent majority vote this gets a yes vote in a land slide. And a yes vote removes Abbott and co from any future conversation, and hopefully eliminates them all together from everything.
I don't think the majority is too silent! ;)

Extreme examples prove nothing (but if we are talking extremes look at the rates of Paternal abuse when the child is not related vs related).

If you seriously believe that you can love a step-child/adopted as much as your own DNA you are a deluding yourself.
Not deluding myself at all

Just think youre full of it as ive seen it and your not correct.

I do find it amusing you pick and choose stats.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hope it doesn't just fail or this will be ugly for everyone.

Still the High Court challenge to get past.

There's some in the gay community advocating for boycotting the plebiscite, I hope they don't even though I understand how disappointed people are it's like playing against a stacked deck. They have to take up the fight or it will be used against them.

I'm not gay or married with no intentions of shuffling up any aisle dragging a tonne of tulle in a fairy dress I can only wear once but this plebiscite is embarrassing, manipulative, unnecessary and quite vicious, let them get married if they want to FFS. They raise children in good, stable relationships whether people like it or not and they will continue to do so. And I'm looking forward to going to my cousins SSM marriage, so are her kids.

If this postal vote is going to happen, then Labor should introduce a bill for a compulsory plebiscite of their own into Parliament next week.

Call the Government's bluff. The right wingers will love this postal plebiscite idea as they see it as their best chance to manipulate the vote. If the government subsequently opposes a compulsory plebiscite it will confirm what we already know. That they're simply seeking to delay and obstruct the inevitable rather than "give all Australians a say".
Wtf are you on about? The government tried to have a plebiscite on SSM that would have been compulsory for every registered Australian voter to vote at.
No matter what you and your mates on here believe, if the Yes vote gets up, there will be a free conscience vote in Parliament to pass SSM.

Intelligent response.

Are you one of those fools who think a person can love an adopted child or step child more than a biological child??

This just seems like such a weird thing to care or obsess about. Like, seriously, who gets around thinking this way - ranking different kinds of love? I hope all your relationships aren't all so conditional or I despair for those who have to deal with you.

I think you're lying to yourself.

You may be able to love a step child 99.99% as much as a biological but you will always favour something that has your DNA just a little bit more (much more in my case) ... it's in your DNA ... you don't have a choice.
Don't be so sure. This wasn't even her stepson.

Wtf are you on about? The government tried to have a plebiscite on SSM that would have been compulsory for every registered Australian voter to vote at.
No matter what you and your mates on here believe, if the Yes vote gets up, there will be a free conscience vote in Parliament to pass SSM.

Jeez u are just clueless on everything.

Im saying if the postal survey looks like a goer THEN Labor should reintroduce compulsory plebiscite legislation. They were right to oppose both in the first place but if their hand is forced the yes side would much prefer a compulsory to a non compulsory.

Now if the no vote wins why can we not get a free vote as well? Why are we spending 120 million only to allow Liberal MPs the ability to vote the way their constituents want?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But didn't you know ... there isn't a debate ... there is nothing to discuss ... remember Love is Love.
Still waiting for your response to elaborate on your thoughts

I really wonder what would possess a straight bloke, to be one of the biggest arguers against SSM on bigfooty. What would possess someone to spend so much time on this?

Don't want to debate or discuss the issues? Fine then automatic NO for me.

So rather than just not vote, you're going to make a determined effort lodge as dead against?

Twenty two countries across the world, without a shred of regret and no lead ins to polygamy or marrying your favourite goat have marriage equality. The entire UK, even Mexico and Pitcairn Island!

I'm not gay or married with no intentions of shuffling up any aisle dragging a tonne of tulle in a fairy dress I can only wear once but this plebiscite is embarrassing, manipulative, unnecessary and quite vicious, let them get married if they want to FFS. They raise children in good, stable relationships whether people like it or not and they will continue to do so. And I'm looking forward to going to my cousins SSM marriage, so are her kids.
I'm sure this has been covered by why can't they call it something else. You can have the same rights as a married couple but we'll give it a different name. They seem to be fundamentally different things.

So rather than just not vote, you're going to make a determined effort lodge as dead against?

Twenty two countries across the world, without a shred of regret and no lead ins to polygamy or marrying your favourite goat have marriage equality. The entire UK, even Mexico and Pitcairn Island!
Of course.

Because its what they want. Control.

Bet they would fire up if they got banned from being married.

Homophobes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Still waiting for your response to elaborate on your thoughts

I really wonder what would possess a straight bloke, to be one of the biggest arguers against SSM on bigfooty. What would possess someone to spend so much time on this?

As evidenced in one of his previous posts, his entire argument against gay marriage (or for it being "inferior") seems to stem from his being a bad step-parent and being unable to believe anybody could be a good one. I'm not sure if he realises how much he's revealed of himself by arguing about ranking various kinds of relationships...

I'm sure this has been covered by why can't they call it something else. You can have the same rights as a married couple but we'll give it a different name. They seem to be fundamentally different things.

Alternatively you could introduce laws that effectively close the gap between between the rights of SSCs and married couples (inheritance etc.) without the need to change the definition of marriage.

Also civil unions should still be on the table.

They gay lobby & the left in general have missed a trick by not approaching the issue piece meal.

As evidenced in one of his previous posts, his entire argument against gay marriage (or for it being "inferior") seems to stem from his being a bad step-parent and being unable to believe anybody could be a good one. I'm not sure if he realises how much he's revealed of himself by arguing about ranking various kinds of relationships...

Bullshit. I would never be cucked into being a step-parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back