Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is i dont really care if it is legalised or not. I just want the majority vote to be carried out....either way i dont mind. So if the vote comes back 75 percent no....then people should shut up and get on with life...just as they would expect the no voters to do if the result was 75 percent to the yes.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's probably something that ticks a lot of boxes, I'd be interested to hear the arguments against it.

LGBT community gets exactly the same rights as the rest of the community.
Everyone gets to judge marriage on their own terms.

The only people that genuinely get hung up over such an argument either are homophobes or extreme lefties who want to bring down the church.

I can see the gay lobby is in raptures that the Libs have finally given the public the means of changing the marriage act. After the Brown, Shorten, Rudd, Gillard, Rudd's, Wong governments point blank refusal. Given the gay lobby continually roll out polling suggesting public support would bring about a landside YES vote, I can see why they are so happy.

See republicans under turnbull

Didn't want to disappoint and just confirmed you don't have a sense of humour.
Sure I have a 1000 percent better sense of humour than you. You and your mates are so going down the wrong track by the labelling you give to everyone who doesn't intend to vote yes.
It's quite pathetic...

Sure I have a 1000 percent better sense of humour than you. You and your mates are so going down the wrong track by the labelling you give to everyone who doesn't intend to vote yes.
It's quite pathetic...
:'( So sad...
I actually don't care which way you vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great post.
Shows how childish all this homophobe labelling is.
Well said....

As has been said before. The yes voters would be heterophobes if they were advocating the abolition of heterosexual marriage and only allowing SSM.

No one is doing that so your continual use of the word heterophobe is just silly and childish.

Thing is i dont really care if it is legalised or not. I just want the majority vote to be carried out....either way i dont mind. So if the vote comes back 75 percent no....then people should shut up and get on with life...just as they would expect the no voters to do if the result was 75 percent to the yes.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think the majority should be allowed to decide whether some sections of our society are entitled to equal rights under the law. If the majority was in favour of stripping Muslims or blacks of their rights, does that make it ok?

If denying one orientation is xxxphobic then it's a pity that poster isn't smart enough to realise he is homophobic by his own logic.
Because hetrophobia isn't a left wing buzzword used to try and quell debate. I think the original poster used it as a sarcastic comparison, something simpletons may have trouble picking up

Because hetrophobia isn't a left wing buzzword used to try and quell debate. I think the original poster used it as a sarcastic comparison, something simpletons may have trouble picking up

Maybe sometimes it is used to quell debate.

But sometimes people are just plain old homophobes (usually these are the ones that come up with silly slippery slope arguments or say "that's just the way it's always been").

Maybe sometimes it is used to quell debate.

But sometimes people are just plain old homophobes (usually these are the ones that come up with silly slippery slope arguments or say "that's just the way it's always been").
But sometimes? No, you mean all the time, when they simply oppose it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back