Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
No, someone who is sick of logging on and seeing another 10 pages, mainly filled up by kids like yourself trolling and posting two word replies to create more drama. This is a discussion about marriage equality and the postal vote. That is it, now get the * off.

roscreasl98

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2016
Over The Hill
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
All Local Footy
No, someone who is sick of logging on and seeing another 10 pages, mainly filled up by kids like yourself trolling and posting two word replies to create more drama. This is a discussion about marriage equality and the postal vote. That is it, now get the **** off.
You are the biggest troll on bf.

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd
I'd love just one time for an opponent of SSM to post an articulate or nuanced argument regarding the social effects of legalising SSM or something like that. At least then we can have a proper debate.

Instead we get this never ending cavalcade of mental short people who are barely one step above eating their own faeces. If the arguments presented in this thread are the best the no vote has to offer then I can't see any "swing" voters being persuaded to rally to their cause.

Yeah I did actually think it was hilarious, I've got heaps of them but now I'm aware of how seriously testy some might call it anal, you are about it I'll respect that and refrain from posting any more of them on here.
:( I liked it.

Have just come back to seeing 5 more pages of nonsense so pics are welcome.

Last edited:
:( I liked it.

Have just come back to seeing 5 more pages of nonsense so pics are welcome.

hah

GAYTONES1.jpg

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Every night there's at least one of these anti-gay nuff nuff trolls on here for hours on bend, posting inane drivel, all of it completely without any redeeming intellectual or social value, and not a single one of them willing or capable of mounting any sensible or even semi-articulate argument for the "No" side.

Are they running a roster or something?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
You may be surprised to know that bisexuality and homosexuality is natural, it's seen even commonly in the animal kingdom. King of the jungle, the lion is particularly inclined.

"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Petter Boeckman, who is the academic advisor for the "Against Nature's Order?" exhibition."

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/1500-animal-species-practice-homosexuality.aspx

If you don't like this article, there are many more in support but this is meainstream opinion.

I don't think the natural v unnatural aspect serves either side of the debate. If you are arguing that homosexuality is normal because animals do it then that would make rape and paedophilia normal. Humans are unique in that we overlay morality and legality over our sexual urges.

And you need to make a distinction between same sex acts and homosexuality. Both animals and humans commonly engage in same sex acts - it's a normal part of the range of sexual activity. The term homosexual started as a classification for a permanent and exclusive preference for the same sex but over the years has also become a social identity with an associated political agenda. The term only applies to humans.

I don't think the natural v unnatural aspect serves either side of the debate. If you are arguing that homosexuality is normal because animals do it then that would make rape and paedophilia normal. Humans are unique in that we overlay morality and legality over our sexual urges.

And you need to make a distinction between same sex acts and homosexuality. Both animals and humans commonly engage in same sex acts - it's a normal part of the range of sexual activity. The term homosexual started as a classification for a permanent and exclusive preference for the same sex but over the years has also become a social identity with an associated political agenda. The term only applies to humans.

I made a kneejerk response to something RosieC said without really thinking about it. That makes sense, thanks.

Feb 3, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not at all. There are people here who have stated that they don't agree with gay marriage because of their beliefs, they have been treated normally. It's the people like yourself who equate gay marriage to allowing people to marry inanimate objects or children that have been shouted at as homophobes because you are trying any desperate way to prevent gay people from having an equal right.
What? Anyone who mentions any belief under the sun is put down and fed an insult. So if I simply say I'll vote no, you will leave it at that? No, you'll ask what my belief is, which could be anything, then you will use it to say I'm a homophobe

Feb 3, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And even if it is unnatural, who ******* cares.

That's the whole point of human advancement and evolution. To distance ourselves from our natural state. If it was up to people like you who are so worried about staying in our natural state, we'd still be running around grunting and flinging faeces at each other in Africa somewhere.

Just because its "unnatural" doesnt make it inherently or morally wrong. It's just different.
Well if everyone and every species was homosexual, wouldn't they be extinct?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
What? Anyone who mentions any belief under the sun is put down and fed an insult. So if I simply say I'll vote no, you will leave it at that? No, you'll ask what my belief is, which could be anything, then you will use it to say I'm a homophobe
No, no they haven't. That's an outright Donald trump style lie.

We are allowed to ask why. If you say religious beliefs or that's what you believe non religious.. that's fine. But if you say beastiality like you have, prepared to be abused as you rightly should.

Feb 3, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No, no they haven't. That's an outright Donald trump style lie.

We are allowed to ask why. If you say religious beliefs or that's what you believe non religious.. that's fine. But if you say beastiality like you have, prepared to be abused as you rightly should.
I clearly stated that marriage is a union and tradition between a male and female. I also said if 2 homosexuals want to be together then so be it. If they want a title for this call it something other than the word marriage.

After being probed further, I said that I believe it can go towards accepting other minority groups to be pushing for their case to be 'married'. As examples I used polygamy and child marriage.

I then went on and used the LQB community as an example. First it was gays accepted, then transgender then gender fluid couples or whatever nonsense young people are being fed to feel accepted, when they clearly have mental issues. I then said what's stopping this trend to heading towards beastiality etc, as people's minds become more polluted. We must accept everyone's needs right?

I draw the line before same sex marriage, as do a high percentage of rationally thinking people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back