The Law Marriage Equality II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the same legal rights were applied under a civil union, would it solve the issue?
The Federal Howard Govt. had a chance to do that when the UK did it, but they just changed the marriage law instead to specifically exclude same sex couples. Now that Gay Marriage is happening in other countries in the world then I am afraid the horse has bolted on that point. Same sex couples want marriage now. dylan93's view is pretty much the norm in the hetero community now so the change will come. Even if it takes another 20 years the change will come.

Saw this pic. Reminded me of this thread.
3vkwU.jpg

Can a pill fix it, Morpheus?

reads like the old "But think of the Children!" argument. Yeah it would be tough for kids to grow up in a society where we have tolerance and understanding about all kinds of people, races, genders, & sexualities. Where a "fair go' actually means a fair go. I have seen the light - it's not love your neighbour as yourself - its really love your neighbour as long as they meet certain criteria that only we approve of. Ahhh Religion - going great since the Crusades and Inquisition and still going strong!

Jesus wept!

I
check out; http://onemillionmoms.com/

I realise this organisation is from the US of A, however it underlines the christian push (which is global) to vilify homosexuals whilst attempted to push their christian agenda onto anything they can.

They even list their "successes";
http://onemillionmoms.com/successes
I applaud them for putting pressure on to have "GLEE" canned,but not because it has gays in it....It's just s**t show.
Seriously motivated people though you have to admire their conviction.
I wonder how many of these Mom's have gay offspring and don't know it?

I

I applaud them for putting pressure on to have "GLEE" canned,but not because it has gays in it....It's just s**t show.
Seriously motivated people though you have to admire their conviction.
I wonder how many of these Mom's have gay offspring and don't know it?

Agreed. Glee is shite TV so I guess that one the christian moms got right, maybe not for the right reasons.
You are right though PE, some of those "moms" could very well have gay children.
I wonder what they would chose to support in that instance - their particular sect of christian religion which "yaweh" clearly defines how homosexuals 'should be dealt with' or their own child.

They could always try to "pray away the gay"....
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/miche...-pray-gay-candidates-clinic/story?id=14048691
http://www.christianprayercenter.com/ <-- very lolworthy.

I thought you had accepted civil union was the way to go?

OK let me post it for the four millionth time - Personally (as in my own opinion) I would be satisfied with civil unions if they provided the same legal status as marriage.

But the greater GLBT community now want marriage and they will get it because they are motivated, they have money, and the majority of the hetero community support it theoretically. I will support others in their desire to get same sex marriage recognised because it really makes no difference in the end (to me) whatever semantics are used to validate the relationships involved.

I never said I supported civil unions as the way to go specifically (as you put it). I support the GLBT Community and what they want. They want marriage!

The knob in that article on Christian opposition actually explained why anything short of marriage is not acceptable.

"My children and your children go to school and - this is just one illustration, let me say - and we will be taught that the sexual relationship, as symbolised in marriage itself, between two men, is just as authentic and just as true and just as good for us as a relationship between a man and a woman.

Anything short of marriage says your relationship is not equal.

Not acceptable in a society that supposedly guarantees equality.

(Are Christians as incapable as they seem in having a basic of understanding the meaning of equality?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ol' Liviticus.. Wonder if the author knew what a shitstorm he/they'd create nearly two thousand years later?

Maybe the authors would be amazed that people in the 21st Century are still selectively following bronze age concepts. I say selectively because the verses about homosexuals is repeated by ignorant types as it suits the current agenda of bigotry, but other verses that are equally ludicrous are ignored for some reason.

Church leaders lay down law on gay marriage:

Church heavyweights have been spurred into action by the bills, with the heads of the Catholic, Anglican and Greek Orthodox churches issuing strong statements to their congregations yesterday.

Dr Jensen said legislation for gay marriage was not inevitable but, if it happened, would have flow-on ill-effects for religious freedom, public speech and education in schools.
''My main job is to communicate the truth as I understand it for the wellbeing of the community in which we live,'' he told the Herald. ''The Christian teaching is that sex only takes place within marriage

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/churches-lay-down-law-on-gay-marriage-as-vote-nears-20120617-20iby.html#ixzz1y6lOEgeY

"The Christan teaching is that sex only takes place within marriage"

1332397100700.jpg

Ol' Liviticus.. Wonder if the author knew what a shitstorm he/they'd create nearly two thousand years later?

Leviticus is my personal favourite.

You can sell your daughters into slavery - who wouldnt for a few quid.

You cant approach the "altar of god" if you have an eye defect, so anyone who wears glasses isnt allowed inside a church.

You go to straight to hell if you touch pig leather, im pretty sure many footballs have been made of that devilish stuff over the decades.

Oh so many lols.

But of course, ALL that is conveniently ignored by christians. Apparently the only relevant passages refer to homos.

A lot of single mothers out there going to hell and of course all those heathens living together, fornicating, and making babies outside the sanctity of marriage!! Not to mention the church sex scandals that roll along. Isn't funny how irrelevant religion is to our society today.

A)How does same sex marriage effect religious freedom? Please explain?

B)How does same sex marriage effect public speech? Please explain?

C)How does same sex marriage effect "education in schools"? Please Explain?

Really when I read that quote you posted I laughed. I have read some infantile self righteous BS from Bible thumpers before but this one is a doozy

A)How does same sex marriage effect religious freedom? Please explain? - Dont care

B)How does same sex marriage effect public speech? Please explain? - Dont care

C)How does same sex marriage effect "education in schools"? Please Explain? - I dont think it should be left to schools to educate children. Regardless i will be looking to pass on my own personal values to my child(ren) rather then rely on any politically correct bullshit flavour of the month that is in vogue that day

A)How does same sex marriage effect religious freedom? Please explain? - Dont care

C)How does same sex marriage effect "education in schools"? Please Explain? - I dont think it should be left to schools to educate children. Regardless i will be looking to pass on my own personal values to my child(ren) rather then rely on any politically correct bullshit flavour of the month that is in vogue that day

Your views are pretty normal I think. I asked those questions because this is what the Church was saying on the Weekend that gay marriage would effect all those things. (see Fuzzy's post). The church is trying to scare the gullible by making false grandiose claims, full of bluster without any substance.

But same sex marriage will not have any effect at all on any those things they claimed. I mean it's a pretty dumb argument and insult to the intelligence of the parishioners at those churches. Is this how desperate they have become?

Church leaders lay down law on gay marriage:

1332397100700.jpg

Hopefully no-one in society breaks this rule?
Priests?...are they technically married to God like Nuns?

What about when they have sex?

You know God invented quote tags for reason, yeah?

I dont think it should be left to schools to educate children. Regardless i will be looking to pass on my own personal values to my child(ren) rather then rely on any politically correct bullshit flavour of the month that is in vogue that day

My Mother in Laws used to have that opinion.
She missed large portions of all her 9 children's lives, their grandchildren and many,many friends until she realised it was her who was out of step.
Now she accepts everyone for who they are and revels in peoples uniqueness.

My Mother in Laws used to have that opinion.
She missed large portions of all her 9 children's lives, their grandchildren and many,many friends until she realised it was her who was out of step.
Now she accepts everyone for who they are and revels in peoples uniqueness.

Contrary wench. Gotta love her. You've made my night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back