The Law Marriage Equality III

Remove this Banner Ad

On that basis, and assuming that the Coalition is probably going to be in power for at least the next 5 years, I reckon we're probably close to a decade away from gay marriage becoming a reality.

I do sadly agree with that. But sometimes things can change quickly too. While we endure a liberal govt this country will go backwards again on social reform no doubt. That is the nature of the beast. But it will happen eventually and their will come a time when even conservative politicians can't ignore the voice of their own electorates any longer. In the meantime discrimination will be alive and strong in this country as it is today. Advance Australia fair eh? Not likely.

I do sadly agree with that. But sometimes things can change quickly too. While we endure a liberal govt this country will go backwards again on social reform no doubt. That is the nature of the beast. But it will happen eventually and their will come a time when even conservative politicians can't ignore the voice of their own electorates any longer. In the meantime discrimination will be alive and strong in this country as it is today. Advance Australia fair eh? Not likely.
Nice stereotype there about the Liberals. If Labor is so good at social progression then why did so many of their members vote it down also? Pretty sure one of the members was a guy who represents one of the biggest left wing electorates in Melbourne too?

Nice stereotype there about the Liberals. If Labor is so good at social progression then why did so many of their members vote it down also? Pretty sure one of the members was a guy who represents one of the biggest left wing electorates in Melbourne too?
Hey if it's any consolation I hate both of the parties equally.

They would end up further demonising gay people that will have carry on effects of violence towards gays and suicide.

This is the sort of misology so prevalent in this debate. It is absurd to think that gay marriage or lack of will produce a violent uprising against gay people in the community.

While we endure a liberal govt this country will go backwards again on social reform no doubt

Or forwards if you are rational, there is no place for affirmative action and assorted pandering to minorities in a liberal (in the real meaning of the word) society.

This is the sort of misology so prevalent in this debate. It is absurd to think that gay marriage or lack of will produce a violent uprising against gay people in the community.

I never said gay marriage or a lack of it will cause a violent uprising against gay people :rolleyes: So if anyone is a misologist here it is you.

Your selective edit of what I posted shows a poor attempt at misdirection in order to promote your own agenda. It's pointless discussing anything with people like you.

What makes you think it's not her genuine belief? Half the ALP opposes gay marriage, it's not like she's on her own.

Right now, it's just not an issue that the bulk of society feels strongly enough about to change.

added a few ghey ribbons to this page #28, i delegate responsibility to put the gay ribbons on the other 27 pages, and will someone kindly mark this post too plz
FMD blackcat, I have enough trouble marking a footy these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief, he of unmatched wisdom as anarchist. Doesn't really wash though, does it?
playing his own inversion game. game of thrones false flag beware hipsters.

all those symbols made me think of my little pony, or cabbage patch dolls and toys r us.

the optimistic rainbow going away is manifest injustice. pessimistic act.

It wasn't that long ago that gay activists regarded marriage as an out-dated notion. So we should not be in too much of a hurry to change long standing social concepts for the benefit of a vocal minority.

No he isn't, he's just a naughty boy & I'm going to slap him soon, if he doesn't bring back a dislike option. :mad:
His refusal to do so could easily be interpreted as mere self-defence, especially if you're lurking, which you seem to be.:)

His refusal to do so could easily be interpreted as mere self-defence, especially if you're lurking, which you seem to be.:)

Nope, unfortunately I have got too many other things that don't allow me to spend as much time here. Mainly, I'm going to be a Grandma in a couple of months. :D

It wasn't that long ago that gay activists regarded marriage as an out-dated notion. So we should not be in too much of a hurry to change long standing social concepts for the benefit of a vocal minority.

How many gay "rights" activists are Occupy sorts?

Hate the 1% love the 2%

Stats fail.

Nope, unfortunately I have got too many other things that don't allow me to spend as much time here. Mainly, I'm going to be a Grandma in a couple of months. :D
I have a friend from Queensland staying with me atm, who is about to meet her recently-born grandson for the first time. Good on you. As for my own son. I reckon he still thinks it's solely for pissing out of. Only jarkin'. He'll be quite a catch for somebody stupid enough to marry into our family.

What makes you think it's not her genuine belief? Half the ALP opposes gay marriage, it's not like she's on her own.

Right now, it's just not an issue that the bulk of society feels strongly enough about to change.
Generally, every word she ever spoke on the subject prior to becoming Prime Minister

Remove this Banner Ad

Back