Review Marsh Community Series 1 v Geelong @ Metricon 6:30pm 22 Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is going to be a very interesting game IMO. I can't wait to see how Rowell, Anderson, Budarick and Sharp go against a near full strength AFL squad while surrounded by experienced guys like Swallow and Ellis. I assume we're going to play near full strength ourselves with the exception of a few guys like Witts. What are you guys excited to see?

SUNS OUT! GUNS OUT!

Would love to see us run a bit of a different forward line that I mentioned in another thread, look at a mobile forward line built around King. Especially in greasy conditions evening conditions.

Rankine - Sexton - Ainsworth
MacPherson - King - Lemmens
I know a couple of these might be under an injury cloud, so feel free to substitute these where needed, but I would like to try something different because I would rather squeeze in better players even if they aren't tall to tackle create pressure from turnovers.

If you really want to play Wright, have Smith and him rotate through the ruck.

I feel we were at our best last year when Sexton was allowed to run onto goals and hitting snaps on his right foot. Lemmens to bring the absolute heat in the forward line and Ainsworth with his speed and leap can act as a second lead up player if needed.

Of course I fully expect us to go something a bit more traditional, but just a thought.

Would love to see us run a bit of a different forward line that I mentioned in another thread, look at a mobile forward line built around King. Especially in greasy conditions evening conditions.

I know a couple of these might be under an injury cloud, so feel free to substitute these where needed, but I would like to try something different because I would rather squeeze in better players even if they aren't tall to tackle create pressure from turnovers.

I feel we were at our best last year when Sexton was allowed to run onto goals and hitting snaps on his right foot. Lemmens to bring the absolute heat in the forward line and Ainsworth with his speed and leap can act as a second lead up player if needed.

Of course I fully expect us to go something a bit more traditional, but just a thought.

If we are ever going to experiment with 2MP in the ruck now is the time while Witts is out

Will Brodie to drop 30 touches 10 tackles and 10 marks. It's his time to break out.
I thought Brodie was pretty good in the scratchie so I'll be very interested to see if he can back it up against Geelong this week. It's definitely go time for him in 2020 along with Bowes and Ainsworth as well. We need those fourth year top 10 picks to step up to make the kind of strides we want to make this year.

I like it. King wouldn't even have to lay a tackle with those blokes around him. Wright & Smith could ruck half a game each

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can also rotate Greenwood through the forward line to mix it up a bit, provide mobile marking power, keep them guessing and stop King being double teamed.

Hey guys, is there any reason Rankine hasn't been named? Are they just easing him back in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back