My starting Team for saturday would be;

B: Budarick - Collins - Lukosius
HB: Bowes - Graham - Murdoch
C: Ellis - Swallow - Weller
HF: Greenwood - Day - Ainsworth
F: Sexton - King - Lemmens
R: Smith - Brodie - Rowell

I: Miller - Anderson - Burgess - Wright - Sharp - Joyce - Mclennan - MacPherson

Fiorini was on B team in today's practice. Probably just bringing him slowly after off season groin surgery. Holman and Corbett were also on B team.
Interesting to see Rowell was thrown on Team B today as well. Not sure why...

I didn't realise Collins was fit
That's great news
Can't wait to see Collins and Rory play together. It'll make a HUGE difference to our backline!

Geelong appear to have gone with a relatively young squad for this one so it should be a good opportunity for us to build cohesion between the younger guys and start to gel before round 1. Would love to see Rowelly rack up the disposals in this one like he did last week. He must have had close to 30 last week? Does anyone know?

Can't wait to see Collins and Rory play together. It'll make a HUGE difference to our backline!

Geelong appear to have gone with a relatively young squad for this one so it should be a good opportunity for us to build cohesion between the younger guys and start to gel before round 1. Would love to see Rowelly rack up the disposals in this one like he did last week. He must have had close to 30 last week? Does anyone know?
Geelong also have Hawkins, Rata & Jenkins. We have Collins, Graham & Lukosius, we would get destroyed so easily. Hopefully it's good viewing. Last night's game got boring real quick

Stuff I am keen to see tomorrow:

Without a doubt Will Brodie is who I am most excited to see tomorrow. The reports on how he went last week were quite encouraging, so I'm very excited to see how he goes tomorrow. Will be greasy conditions and the Geelong midfield looks like it only has Dangerfield as a regular running through it, so he's in prime position to show what he's got.

Connor Budarick off half-back. I don't know why or how, but for me it seems that this guy has really come into prominence over the pre-season. I think moreso I'm just excited to have someone who has genuine raw pace coming out of D50.

Very keen to see how Sharp goes. Word is he has developed quicker than expected, and if that's true he'll become a good pickup for sure.

Rowell obviously. Anderson I am keen to see where he plays. Wing? Mid? HF?

Greenwood. Just keen to see how much steel he adds to our midfield, and also how much midfield time he will play.

Luko will be another one to watch. How much mass has he put on in the preseason? Is he much stronger? Very excited.

Stuff I am keen to see tomorrow:

Without a doubt Will Brodie is who I am most excited to see tomorrow. The reports on how he went last week were quite encouraging, so I'm very excited to see how he goes tomorrow. Will be greasy conditions and the Geelong midfield looks like it only has Dangerfield as a regular running through it, so he's in prime position to show what he's got.

Connor Budarick off half-back. I don't know why or how, but for me it seems that this guy has really come into prominence over the pre-season. I think moreso I'm just excited to have someone who has genuine raw pace coming out of D50.

Very keen to see how Sharp goes. Word is he has developed quicker than expected, and if that's true he'll become a good pickup for sure.

Rowell obviously. Anderson I am keen to see where he plays. Wing? Mid? HF?

Greenwood. Just keen to see how much steel he adds to our midfield, and also how much midfield time he will play.

Luko will be another one to watch. How much mass has he put on in the preseason? Is he much stronger? Very excited.
Can answer on Luko’s mass gains - not much it would appear. I don’t think he’s genetically built that way a la JOM. Will need a few seasons in the gym to put on any significant weight IMO.
Will need to see a few more games before I can judge if he’s much stronger than last season. You’d think the strength and conditioning team would have a well thought out program for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer young players early in their career not to put too much mass on their body if they are skinny in U18 competition, very easily get injure due to their body not get use to it especially hamstring and calf.

i honestly think Pearce is done, he has lost his step of pace so he is getting caught a lot and making bad decisions under pressure. We need something down there but i don't think its Bowes
If bowes is suppose to be this rolls royce that his draft profile was talking him up to be. He would have to be our best option for now

If bowes is suppose to be this rolls royce that his draft profile was talking him up to be. He would have to be our best option for now
Bowes is good through the middle as he is strong through traffic, he doesn’t have a turn of pace tho and it won’t help down back. We are desperately missing a small/mid defender with wheels. It’s going to kill us until we get one

Bowes is good through the middle as he is strong through traffic, he doesn’t have a turn of pace tho and it won’t help down back. We are desperately missing a small/mid defender with wheels. It’s going to kill us until we get one
That sounds like Lachie Weller

You can only fill so many positions of need at a time.

You’ve drafted two of the best KPP’s we’ve seen from the U18’s in recent years, and one of the best small skilled players.

You’ve pretty much addressed your forward and midfield needs. Next draft, you prioritise defence.

I also believe Weller should playing as a rebounding defender. That speed, and overlap run is more important out of defence, than in the contest.

Sounds like what we want Budarick to be.

I don't mind trying out Bowes as a general organizer down back.

Good skills, can take a grab, and can still roll him through the middle when needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back